Showtime boxing: "Go Seahawks"

HawkWow

Reaction score
Kinda' cool.

Bernstein, Malignaggi and the added MMA guy (?) are commentating the Seda-Santa Cruz fight tonight and the MMA guy, who I don't care much for so can't recall his name, says "Go Seahawks...uh, can I say that?" And Bernstein says "sure, you can say Go SeaHawks".

We're all over the place. ; )

EDIT: Woooohoooo/// And props to the man, Marcus Maidana for beating the title out of punkass, adrian "no need for capitalization cuz I'm nobody" broner!

Great night of boxing!

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Yeah, I caught that too. Think his name is like Mauro something.

Great fight last night, tremendous showing by maidana. Lmao at the retaliation hump in the 11th. I feel like justice was served last night.

Maybe, just maybe, broner learned last night that skill will only get you so far. Broner has the skill, but he seriously lacks the hard work, dedication and discipline. He can grow and become better from this (not only as a boxer, but a human being), but I have my doubt's. He just seems too far gone in the ghetto trash world.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Bro. I echo your every word.

As great as it was to see Broner robbed of his manhood, I was even more ecstatic for Maidana. He trained to throw a 100 punches per rd, then executed. I was at the beach talking to a guy about it a few minutes ago, and I was getting chicken skin. It was everything you could hope for in a prizefight and dare I say, historical.

Maidana is the guy that beats the guys better than he is. You've said it all about Broner already. Few punkass' more punkass than him.

It was funny, I was watching the fight with the mrs. When Maidana jumped out of the blocks, then rocked Broner, I said to her this could be this eras Barrera / Hamed "who's yo daddy"? Later in the fight, or after the fight, Al used the same reference. Though that one was bigger, sweeter, this one brought that feeling back for me. ;)

I imagine we'll see the rematch early next year and while we should be seeing a better Broner (throw some punches for &*&^ sake) like yourself, I won't be holding my breath. The dude makes Harvin look like Tebow and if he continues with his BS, tainting this sport, I will hope for his quick departure from the sport.

Great sports weekend for you and I. Aloha.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I didn't catch the fight but was so happy to see Broner get rocked. I've always liked Maidana. Yeah the Mayweathers of the world are great but let's be real... It's not the most exciting style to watch. Maidana to me is like the old school fighters I loved watching. And Broner... he wants to be Mayweather but he needs to realize that Mayweather is a student of the game. His dedication and training is second to none. Like BHop, he doesn't poison his body and trains it religiously.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Youtube it Glove...you'll be glad you did. Maidana won the hearts of every Mexican in the world with that performance...and when you can win the Mexicans, as a Non-Mexican, you are truly the man. I have it recorded and will be watching it again....soon.

I've watched Broner embarrass the sport for the last few years. As sickening as some of his antics, pre during and post fight, have been...it sounds like while touring / promoting the Maidana fight, he took it all up a notch. I do not know what he did, but it disgusted so many in the sport that it gets headshakes instead of print. Any of you guys know what that little half-man did this time? Or do I even really want to know?

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Well he has a sextape. Beyond that, I dont ever remember hearing anything (just his usual ghetto trashy self).

http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/k4fF9Kd3V5aERk536SW

^Here's a link to the fight, any day now you'll be able to go onto showtime on demand (if you have Comcast/xfinity) and see the fight in high def. I recorded the fight so I haven't been checking, but it'll be up within the next few days.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
MY GOD....I thank you for not posting the link to the sex tape. LOL. I wonder if the chick (if it was a chick) was Mallgnaggi's woman? Unsure if you witnessed his antics after the Malignaggi fight where he spoke of taking Paulies woman from him...which I guess was true. Or how about the time he got on his knees, mocking Demarco(?) who had previously proposed to his GF in the ring. Broner got down on his knee in front of his way-too-hot for him GF, like he was proposing and said "will you.....brush my hair"? I felt bad for the girl, she was humiliated and I've not seen her ringside since. ; )

Second thought...the sextape was probably Broner going it solo. That would make a lot of sense. Broner is better suited for professional wrestling. He is no ambassador for our great sport.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Haha yeah I'm aware of all that. I think the sextape was a threesome, but I haven't seen it. Dont really care to search out a guys sextape lol. But being on boxingscene, its definitely out there.

But yeah, holy hell I still feel great about broner getting his ass kicked. Seeing him humiliated and humbled, and running away from the ring like a little kid will be an image(s) that will strengthen my soul forever. Its like, you can literally feel the universe is a better place because of it. Maidana may not win fighter of the year, but he deserves a humanitarian award or something.

What I will say is, despite all the well deserved criticism of broner for being a goon, he does deserve some props. He let the fans pick his opponent, and didnt bitch out when it was maidana. Also, even tho he kinda bitched out at times during the fight looking fornabway out (milking the headbutt for a DQ), he did man up at times and fight through a lot of adversity. For instance, that wicked left hook he took in the 12th that buckled him, he still kept charging trying to press the issue. That's all the positive I'm gonna say about broner lol.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
I like you, AK. We are seeing these things identically and that is not typically the case for me..I'm sure you get the same. Like yourself, I was having a blast the entire fight. My neighbors live a distance from me, and called me to ask what channel the fight was on...they knew it wasn't Hawks, so figured my yells were boxing related. LOL.

But even in all that unbridled happiness, I would pause once in a while and say "Broner's a tough kid". As you said, exclude the drama for his mama re: the butt, that he had coming because of the hold, he stood in there taking shots that a lesser man may have stayed in the corner over. I will give him that. IF he continues being a clown, I hope that becomes his legacy..."Yeah, he was a bitch, but he could take a shot" cuz I want to see many more coming his way. ; )

The thing that really jumps out at me, and this is the product of piss poor training, he wants to depend too much on his power. He has the mindset of a pure power puncher: As in " I'm not going to throw a ton of punches , conserve my energy then get the stop once I land". That's all fine until you get in there with a guy like Maidana. I forget the round, but he had Maidana hurt. Instead of unleashing a combination, he stood back, admired his work and let Maidana recover. Had I been in Broner's corner, I would have been tearing into him like he stole my watch.

Broner's got some skils but I don't think his current team will maximize them. Worse, they cater to him like he's royalty and untouchable. All that "hair brushing" and shit, it's more carnival than corner. It's clear he has surrounded himself with a team of groupies that tell him how great he is...and anything he wants to hear. He won't improve with that.

Floyd Sr would be a good fit, but a bit of a headcase. If I were Broner, I'd fire my entire team (of enabling idiots) then go after Ronnie Shields or Buddy McGirt. Broner learned more Saturday night than all of his other fights combined. He needs to start fresh with all that new information, then hire the right man that can teach him what to do with it all. There could still be a bright future for this dimwit.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
akscoundrel":k2i38m4m said:
Haha yeah I'm aware of all that. I think the sextape was a threesome, but I haven't seen it. Dont really care to search out a guys sextape lol. But being on boxingscene, its definitely out there.

But yeah, holy hell I still feel great about broner getting his ass kicked. Seeing him humiliated and humbled, and running away from the ring like a little kid will be an image(s) that will strengthen my soul forever. Its like, you can literally feel the universe is a better place because of it. Maidana may not win fighter of the year, but he deserves a humanitarian award or something.

What I will say is, despite all the well deserved criticism of broner for being a goon, he does deserve some props. He let the fans pick his opponent, and didnt bitch out when it was maidana. Also, even tho he kinda bitched out at times during the fight looking fornabway out (milking the headbutt for a DQ), he did man up at times and fight through a lot of adversity. For instance, that wicked left hook he took in the 12th that buckled him, he still kept charging trying to press the issue. That's all the positive I'm gonna say about broner lol.

What's ur name on Boxingscene...been on there since 09. Hardly on it anymore though except to check out the lounge. NSB is full of retards.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
-The Glove-":2cvl5iqr said:
akscoundrel":2cvl5iqr said:

What's ur name on Boxingscene...been on there since 09. Hardly on it anymore though except to check out the lounge. NSB is full of retards.

~Ak49~

Are you by chance -The Glove- on there aswell?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
akscoundrel":206nryaq said:
-The Glove-":206nryaq said:
akscoundrel":206nryaq said:

~Ak49~

That's what I thought...yeah same name

akscoundrel

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3smz7nsy said:
akscoundrel":3smz7nsy said:
-The Glove-":3smz7nsy said:
akscoundrel":3smz7nsy said:

~Ak49~

Haha ive been wondering that since I first saw your username on here

-The Glove-

Reaction score
akscoundrel":t9itc0tk said:
-The Glove-":t9itc0tk said:
akscoundrel":t9itc0tk said:
-The Glove-":t9itc0tk said:
akscoundrel said:

~Ak49~

Haha ive been wondering that since I first saw your username on here

Haha yup. That place has really gone downhill

Latest posts