20th anniversary of 63-18 nightmare

seahawksny

Reaction score
Its been 20 years since that catastrophic day of Mutombo holding that ball on the last game in the old coliseum. " Not in our house"

This was after a 63-18 season where a certain Seattle team had

1) the best record in the NBA

2) was almost invincible at home. I think they were something ridiculous 39-2 at home that year.

Sound familiar guys?

Is Mutombo coming back this year in the form of a Cam Newton or Riley Cooper?

Unfortunately I have memories of this vs any championships.

I do think we win this week, but the Seatleite in me voices worry more than anything else

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
I can't believe that was 20 years ago. Wow, time sure flies by.

As to whether this is the state of the Seahawks this year, not sure that this applicable. Besides the Sonics did make the championship a year or so later even though they lost to the Bulls.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":1budg79j said:

As to whether this is the state of the Seahawks this year, not sure that this applicable. Besides the Sonics did make the championship a year or so later even though they lost to the Bulls.

"MADE" a championship. Didnt WIN a championship. This city hangs its hat on the 95 Mariners that lost to Cleveland where in other major markets thats considered a failure.

Im just fed up with being satisfied with this "close but no cigar" approach this town takes with everything

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
And to make matters worse. The only Pro championship we have is sitting in some office in Oklahoma City

Throwdown

Reaction score
seahawksny":24if4r68 said:
And to make matters worse. The only Pro championship we have is sitting in some office in Oklahoma City

It's actually sitting in some museum in Seattle, the banner is in some warehouse. The team in OKC just control it.

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
seahawksny":134gxl2p said:
BobcatHawk":134gxl2p said:

"MADE" a championship. Didnt WIN a championship. This city hangs its hat on the 95 Mariners that lost to Cleveland where in other major markets thats considered a failure.

Im just fed up with being satisfied with this "close but no cigar" approach this town takes with everything

I'm by no means satisfied with Seattle teams having their moments of competitiveness and not winning championships. I just think its a little premature to think that that situation is going to repeat itself. I'm going to try to enjoy the rest of the ride and , hopefully, it ends in a super bowl win for the Seahawks.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
BobcatHawk":33odc62w said:
seahawksny":33odc62w said:
BobcatHawk":33odc62w said:

I'm by no means satisfied with Seattle teams having their moments of competitiveness and not winning championships. I just think its a little premature to think that that situation is going to repeat itself. I'm going to try to enjoy the rest of the ride and , hopefully, it ends in a super bowl win for the Seahawks.

YOU AND I arent satisfied-
But when the Seattle Times write articles honoring the 95 M's and the 2001 M's on their anniversary ( who were a whopping 4-6 in the playoffs that year), it goes to show that the town preaches its members to be satisfied with mediocrity.

You are correct. There obviously is no connection between this year and that year in '94, but if we do fall short, the feeling will come back. Thats all im saying