Only 12 points... In a basketball game

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Throwdown":24uvu8xr said:
http://college-basketball.si.com/2013/12/30/southern-jaguars-champion-baptist-college/

Bro, how is 12 points in a total of 4 quarters even possible?! My boys and girls club team when i was in 6th grade could drop more than that!

i came across that last night on my phone (the ESPN mobile site scoreboard) said the score was 94-10. I thought it was a mistake...

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think they play four quarters in college, but yeah, that's pretty sad.

nategreat

Reaction score
Obviously, it was a mismatch. And they are only averaging 38 pts per game, so they've got some issues (eg. they suck). I'd liken it to you and four friends going out there and getting spanked (or me and 4 friends). If it's a mismatch, you're in for a terrible day, and not many points. And if you look @ the box score, there were 20 steals and 7 blocks going against them- not to mention they were out-rebounded 69-22. Brutal!

OP
OP
T

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lol it's just wild, is their team like a Mormon church league team or something?

sutz

Reaction score
It happens in football, too. Small schools try to get matchups with big schools because they get a cut of the gate/revenue, even though they know it'll probably be a blowout. Meanwhile, big schools schedule guys like this as tune-up games.

:229031_shrug:

SeahawksForever

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2ixqn3fq said:
Well, Washington State only scored 25 against Arizona yesterday.

LOL you beat me to it. I turned it on with 5 minutes left in the game and they had 17 points.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Throwdown":33zxnb29 said:
Lol it's just wild, is their team like a Mormon church league team or something?

the funny thing was the team that beat them is 4-9...