Amateur /Semi pro Football

wayupna

Reaction score
Hi all from across the pond here.

I was just wondering if anyone on here plays or has played for a team at a SemiPro/Amateur level ?

I currently work as the Media and Communications director for the Staffordshire Surge American Football Team here in the UK we play during our summer (if and when we have one) and we are currently in preparation getting ready for the 2014 season which will be the teams 20th season.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have played and if so if you have any tips for our team in what way we can move our team forward etc.

Soppie

Reaction score
I am the GM of the Yakima Mavericks minor league football team, and played for a year. Shoot me a specific question and Ill try my best to answer.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I played "Semi pro" football for part of a season about 10 years ago before I hurt my shoulder.

It's basically beer league football that has everyone from D1 guys who didn't make it pro, to guys that probably didn't play much in high school. It was pretty bad football.

If you want some decent advice, I would look up some arena or indoor league teams.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_le ... th_America

Soppie

Reaction score
I would not consider the league my team plays in a beer league, but you are right we have former D1 guys, guys who should not be out there, and everyone in between. What league and team did you play for Absolut?