Any wild guess as to who throws out the first Pitch...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
this upcoming Mariners Baseball season?

Hmmmmm...... I'm drawing a blank here.... hmmmmmm....

That is, if he's allowed to leave the Rangers Spring training... grrrrrrrr......

irocdave

Reaction score
M's got back yarded big time with texass drafting him. The M's may have done the same thing if their piss poor leadership wasn't on the ropes last year. I really want to love the M's again but with all the insulation at the top of management providing piss poor management for so long it's hard to invest in them again. Would have been really cool to see Wilson throwing the first pitch for Felix at Safeco this year. Stupid Mariners.

Any chance Paul Allen buys the M's???

86Hawk

Reaction score
Paul Allen can't buy the M's per NFL rules. An owner can't be a majority owner of another team in the same city of the NFL franchise. That is the reason he owns the trailblazers and isn't majority owner of the sounders. Hope Steve ballmer likes baseball. :)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hmm Paul Allen can be a minor owner of the Mariners..Ballmer the major...$$$$$ I like it..Have Allen throw the 1st pitch please..

HawkinNY

Reaction score
My guess will be Golden Tate. I think he will just have signed his new contract and will be one of the only players to agree to throw out the first pitch.

JMR

Reaction score
LOB. Kam, ET, and Sherm all out there at once.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Screw the first pitch, they should have one inning of scrimmage between the Seahawks offense and the Seahawks defense to start the game with. :)

mbtitleist

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":wlmnqcvy said:
Screw the first pitch, they should have one inning of scrimmage between the Seahawks offense and the Seahawks defense to start the game with. :)

That would certainly help attendance numbers.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
mbtitleist":1wva1627 said:
I'd be down to see Pete Carroll throw out the first pitch.

Yep.

As for Russell, I'm happy for him, and personally don't have a problem with him going on his Texas trip. But he would do a lot for his image among M's fans if he would kindly ask Texas for his release, and they grant it.

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":mmem7ez9 said:

Love the idea. Problem is an inning in baseball has no set time limit so how would you decide the inning is over?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":3todejss said:
Love the idea. Problem is an inning in baseball has no set time limit so how would you decide the inning is over?
Special rule, limit to three foul balls per batter and five points scored by either side. I don't know, it wouldn't be hard to have some special rules to keep it in check. :)

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
irocdave":2yqez1yy said:
M's got back yarded big time with texass drafting him. The M's may have done the same thing if their piss poor leadership wasn't on the ropes last year. I really want to love the M's again but with all the insulation at the top of management providing piss poor management for so long it's hard to invest in them again. Would have been really cool to see Wilson throwing the first pitch for Felix at Safeco this year. Stupid Mariners.

Any chance Paul Allen buys the M's???

You do realize had the M's front office signed RW, KNOWING (and I'm sure this thought passed thru their cubicles) he was not going to commit to Baseball, what a cheesy move that would have permeated through the fan base. Right? Think man, Think.

It's a lose, lose.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
HawkinNY":2o3tdw4n said:
My guess will be Golden Tate. I think he will just have signed his new contract and will be one of the only players to agree to throw out the first pitch.

Maybe for the Tigers....lol

randomation

Reaction score
However, that rule was also tweaked back in 1997. Now, an NFL owner can own teams in other sports if those teams are in the same city as the NFL franchise they own or in a city where there is no NFL team. Allen, for example, also owns the Portland Trail Blazers.

I'm pretty sure Allen could now own the Mariners if he wanted to, could also technically bring an NHL team to seattle. Basically you can own a team in your franchise's city or in a city without an NFL team if there is an NFL team there you are pretty much out of luck,

Huzinga at one timed owned the Marlins Panthers and Dolphins for instance.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
seahawksfan28":oxiqyteq said:
RolandDeschain":oxiqyteq said:

umm... how bout 3 outs?