2014 Seattle Mariners

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:17 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:$h!t Iwakuma sure went to crap all of a sudden.

    So did Chris Young......0-3 with an 8+ ERA in his last 5 starts I believe it is.

    Those 2 pitchers' struggles may be biggest reason for the slide at the end of the season. With the struggles of the offense, we needed all the pitching to be top notch down the stretch and it clearly was not.



    Young was kind of doing it with smoke & mirrors all year so not a huge surprise to see him finally struggle but I am a lot more surprised by Iwakuma. Too many innings perhaps?
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22729
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:36 am
  • When the opposing team scores 14, it isn't a need of a couple bats, just sayin'.

    Allowing 9 runs in 2 2/3 innings?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34961
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:48 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:When you can't win vs Toronto and Houston, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

    On another note, this team hamstrung its future with that absurd 10 yr deal to Cano. They're in win now mode and they're not winning. Another disaster courtesy of Howie and Co.



    jesus christ...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16023
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:32 pm
  • still a few players away, good season though, but crapping the bed in pure Mariner fashion yet again.

    Miller must go, we need a legit SS, i don't think Taylors the answer either.

    Jackson can exit Seattle and never come back, we need a legit Center fielder that can get on base.

    We need some good hitters at the top of the line up to set up Cano, Seiger and Lo Mo.

    Pitching, i just don't know what to think outside of Felix.

    Oh well, there's always next year.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4619
    Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:22 pm
    Location: Tri Cities, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:26 pm
  • It's not looking too good right now in the 5th inning. A leadoff home run for the Blue Jays followed up with a double, bunt single and and a sac fly. Jays lead 3-2 with one out in the 5th.
    mbtitleist
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 941
    Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:12 pm
    Location: Kennewick, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 pm
  • That was disappointing. I honestly expected for us to compete better down the stretch, but then again... I didn't. It was just a matter of time before our pitching would give out. They just cannot carry a team through to the WS. Overall this team isn't used to playing important games this late in the season, except Cano. I think everything just caught up to them. You can't go all the way when your pitching carries you most of the season. I do like our pitching looking forward. We need to make serious moves in our line up though. Outside of Ackley, Jackson, Cano, and Seager. There's really nothing. I'll never forget that come back against the Red Sox, though. Must play better at home, too.

    Almost there.
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2937
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:11 pm
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:When you can't win vs Toronto and Houston, you don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

    On another note, this team hamstrung its future with that absurd 10 yr deal to Cano. They're in win now mode and they're not winning. Another disaster courtesy of Howie and Co.

    There is no salary cap in baseball, the only way the M's are hamstrung is if they chose to not spend money.

    .....and to fix this offense they are going to have to spend some more serious money and make trades. I think Walker will be gone via trade, as he seems to be in alloyed doghouse often, and he is a major trading chip.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 26451
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:24 am
  • Crizilla wrote:We need to make serious moves in our line up though. Outside of Ackley, Jackson, Cano, and Seager. There's really nothing.


    I think Zunino has a bright future. He already is there defensively and has some serious power and a great swing.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1685
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:48 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:31 am
  • Looks like the blue jays are gonna be a hated rival.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34961
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:11 pm
  • Stick a fork in them...
    LymonHawk
    * El Primo *
     
    Posts: 7671
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 pm
    Location: Skagit County, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:25 pm
  • The party's over and the fat lady is warming up.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12403
    Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:46 am
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:22 am
  • Crizilla wrote:That was disappointing. I honestly expected for us to compete better down the stretch, but then again... I didn't. It was just a matter of time before our pitching would give out. They just cannot carry a team ...

    We need to make serious moves in our line up though. Outside of Ackley, Jackson, Cano, and Seager. There's really nothing. I'll never forget that come back against the Red Sox, though....


    I'd be fine keeping LoMo and Zunino in the lineup next year. Maybe Saunders too, if he looks healthy through Spring.

    Too many guys (once again) just couldn't get it together offensively this season - looking at you, Kendrys, Smoak, Hart, and a couple others.
    Hawker
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 481
    Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:59 pm
    Location: Pewyallup


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:24 pm
  • Thank FSM that baseball season ends as football season ramps up. Always makes the sting of another crappy Mariners season more tolerable.

    See you next march Mariners! Thanks for the laughs!
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2834
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:31 pm
  • Hell of an outing for Walker, nice to see him finally get his stuff together
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:29 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:Thank FSM that baseball season ends as football season ramps up. Always makes the sting of another crappy Mariners season more tolerable.

    See you next march Mariners! Thanks for the laughs!



    That was a crappy season eh?

    Come on
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16023
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:44 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:Thank FSM that baseball season ends as football season ramps up. Always makes the sting of another crappy Mariners season more tolerable.

    See you next march Mariners! Thanks for the laughs!



    That was a crappy season eh?

    Come on


    By our fanbase's expectations: no. Because we weren't out of contention by the all star break like normal.

    By any "top 10 in payroll team" fan's expectations? Yes, I would say that barely hanging on long enough to scrape the bottom edges of the 2nd wildcard spot, only to crash and burn as badly as we did down the stretch, is a pretty crappy season.
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2834
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:51 pm
  • Trenchbroom wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Trenchbroom wrote:Thank FSM that baseball season ends as football season ramps up. Always makes the sting of another crappy Mariners season more tolerable.

    See you next march Mariners! Thanks for the laughs!



    That was a crappy season eh?

    Come on


    By our fanbase's expectations: no. Because we weren't out of contention by the all star break like normal.

    By any "top 10 in payroll team" fan's expectations? Yes, I would say that barely hanging on long enough to scrape the bottom edges of the 2nd wildcard spot, only to crash and burn as badly as we did down the stretch, is a pretty crappy season.


    Fair enough
    You realize we are like 18th in payroll right?

    For me...Happy with the vast improvement of our club. Crappy ending but a fun season to follow
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16023
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:56 pm
  • I'd say Smoak is FINALLY history as is Kendrys. As mentioned already, we need a decent hitting, good fielding everyday SS. I want a different closer though some may disagree with that. I just got tired of him hanging on by his fingernails for every damned save. I'd trade a couple more blown ones over the course of the year for a guy that usually gets a 3 up, 3 down save.

    As Crizilla said, "we need to make serious moves in our line up though". I agree with him that Ackley, Jackson, Cano, and Seager are really the only hitters we can build upon. The problem is that Seattle has to overpay (Cano) to get stud hitters here. Anyone know who's gonna be out there that plays 1B or a corner outfield spot that might be available that can freakin' HIT?
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 22729
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:09 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Anyone know who's gonna be out there that plays 1B or a corner outfield spot that might be available that can freakin' HIT?


    DJ Peterson perhaps?
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:39 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Anyone know who's gonna be out there that plays 1B or a corner outfield spot that might be available that can freakin' HIT?


    DJ Peterson perhaps?


    How's he been in minors?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16023
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:50 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Anyone know who's gonna be out there that plays 1B or a corner outfield spot that might be available that can freakin' HIT?


    DJ Peterson perhaps?


    How's he been in minors?

    31 HR, 111 RBI, .297 BA. :th2thumbs:
    I'd say everything we are looking for, only thing missing is the ML experience.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 26451
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:58 pm
  • I'm not ready to give up on Chris Taylor at short yet. I want to see him get a full year as the starter to see how he holds up.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10506
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:15 pm
  • hawksfansinceday1 wrote:I'd say Smoak is FINALLY history as is Kendrys. As mentioned already, we need a decent hitting, good fielding everyday SS. I want a different closer though some may disagree with that. I just got tired of him hanging on by his fingernails for every damned save. I'd trade a couple more blown ones over the course of the year for a guy that usually gets a 3 up, 3 down save.

    As Crizilla said, "we need to make serious moves in our line up though". I agree with him that Ackley, Jackson, Cano, and Seager are really the only hitters we can build upon. The problem is that Seattle has to overpay (Cano) to get stud hitters here. Anyone know who's gonna be out there that plays 1B or a corner outfield spot that might be available that can freakin' HIT?


    How can you leave Mike Zunino out?
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1685
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:48 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:44 am
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:Anyone know who's gonna be out there that plays 1B or a corner outfield spot that might be available that can freakin' HIT?


    DJ Peterson perhaps?


    How's he been in minors?

    31 HR, 111 RBI, .297 BA. :th2thumbs:
    I'd say everything we are looking for, only thing missing is the ML experience.


    Wow...is that triple A? I can see him getting a long look in Spring.

    Note...still in this by the way

    Nice thing about the team is the payroll is only about 92 mill...plenty of room to go and get 2 players if they choose.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 16023
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:33 am
  • No its A and AA ball, but he is starting to look like the real deal, they could go the Zunino route with him and just bring him up and let him swing. Quite honestly he can't be a worse option then whats playing 1st base at the moment.

    KC won and Oakland lost, still in this!
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:01 am
  • AA is where a lot of your best prospects are they get a little AAA and moved to the show if they're really good like this guy sounds like. He'll get a long look in spring training for sure.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12403
    Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:46 am
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:06 pm
  • bigtrain21 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:I'd say Smoak is FINALLY history as is Kendrys. As mentioned already, we need a decent hitting, good fielding everyday SS. I want a different closer though some may disagree with that. I just got tired of him hanging on by his fingernails for every damned save. I'd trade a couple more blown ones over the course of the year for a guy that usually gets a 3 up, 3 down save.

    As Crizilla said, "we need to make serious moves in our line up though". I agree with him that Ackley, Jackson, Cano, and Seager are really the only hitters we can build upon. The problem is that Seattle has to overpay (Cano) to get stud hitters here. Anyone know who's gonna be out there that plays 1B or a corner outfield spot that might be available that can freakin' HIT?


    How can you leave Mike Zunino out?


    I'm guessing it's because they were talking about hitters and as a hitter Zunino has a sub .200 BA and strikes out a little over 1 out of every 3 at bats. That's pretty damn bad.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3277
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:36 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:I'd say Smoak is FINALLY history as is Kendrys. As mentioned already, we need a decent hitting, good fielding everyday SS. I want a different closer though some may disagree with that. I just got tired of him hanging on by his fingernails for every damned save. I'd trade a couple more blown ones over the course of the year for a guy that usually gets a 3 up, 3 down save.

    As Crizilla said, "we need to make serious moves in our line up though". I agree with him that Ackley, Jackson, Cano, and Seager are really the only hitters we can build upon. The problem is that Seattle has to overpay (Cano) to get stud hitters here. Anyone know who's gonna be out there that plays 1B or a corner outfield spot that might be available that can freakin' HIT?


    How can you leave Mike Zunino out?


    I'm guessing it's because they were talking about hitters and as a hitter Zunino has a sub .200 BA and strikes out a little over 1 out of every 3 at bats. That's pretty damn bad.

    It is but he has 22 homeruns. His plate discipline will get better once he stops chasing that curveball in the dirt and guess hitting, and once that happens the BA will be much higher.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 26451
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:36 pm
    Location: The pit


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:16 pm
  • We have three needs IMO. A corner OF, DH and 1B. Taylor is ok as we have bigger holes now.
    Happypuppy
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1975
    Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:40 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:54 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    bigtrain21 wrote:
    hawksfansinceday1 wrote:I'd say Smoak is FINALLY history as is Kendrys. As mentioned already, we need a decent hitting, good fielding everyday SS. I want a different closer though some may disagree with that. I just got tired of him hanging on by his fingernails for every damned save. I'd trade a couple more blown ones over the course of the year for a guy that usually gets a 3 up, 3 down save.

    As Crizilla said, "we need to make serious moves in our line up though". I agree with him that Ackley, Jackson, Cano, and Seager are really the only hitters we can build upon. The problem is that Seattle has to overpay (Cano) to get stud hitters here. Anyone know who's gonna be out there that plays 1B or a corner outfield spot that might be available that can freakin' HIT?


    How can you leave Mike Zunino out?


    I'm guessing it's because they were talking about hitters and as a hitter Zunino has a sub .200 BA and strikes out a little over 1 out of every 3 at bats. That's pretty damn bad.


    He's only 23 years old and was probably rushed to the majors.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *
     
    Posts: 1685
    Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:48 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:23 pm
  • IIRC, we were kind of desperate at Catcher last off season. Zunnie plays decent D, so his hitting is less important, though you'd expect a catcher to have a better eye for the ball.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 17177
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:56 pm
  • I am kinda pissed that we fell apart after looking like a sure playoff contender..In reality we just don't have the hitting to cover our starters when they get dead arms at this time,I'm sure the future is going to be brighter for this team..It's been a great year and while it's NOT over just yet(Mizzou and her fork) these guys have nothing to be ashamed of regardless of what happens this weekend...Go Mariners!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4873
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:13 pm
  • looks like to little to late, thats what happens when we rely on other teams to cooperate. The A's and Royals both win, but I gues technically the Mariners are not quite out yet, assuming Iwakuma can hold. i will say we are going to have a pitching staff from hell next year assuming peeps stay healthy, a bright future indeed ! Go M's!
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:08 pm
  • Nice to see Kuma bounce back with a decent outing to close the season. No walks tonight. :)
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 17177
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:42 pm
  • Felix
    Iwakuma
    Paxton
    Elias
    Walker

    for next season
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2937
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:41 am
  • Crizilla wrote:Felix
    Iwakuma
    Paxton
    Elias
    Walker

    for next season

    And, if we can hold most of the bullpen together, we're pretty set on the mound. I'm not convinced that we need all the wholesale changes to the position players people are clamoring for, but yeah, more runs has to be a goal of this offseason.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 17177
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:54 am
  • While it is unlikely we win out and the A's lose out then win a tiebreaker-it was a much improved season. It was nice to be a M's fan again. We had a few questionable losing streaks this season where our starting pitching folded like a deck of cards.
    Erasmo and Elias were counted on for far too much. This is a fun team. Who was it that predicted that the M's would win 86 games?

    I would like to add this; we were a great road team and less good at home. Is this a stadium issue still? TO me its difficult to fathom a winning road record and a losing home record.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm
    Location: Ich tu dir weh


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:07 am
  • sutz wrote:
    Crizilla wrote:Felix
    Iwakuma
    Paxton
    Elias
    Walker

    for next season

    And, if we can hold most of the bullpen together, we're pretty set on the mound. I'm not convinced that we need all the wholesale changes to the position players people are clamoring for, but yeah, more runs has to be a goal of this offseason.

    Don't forget we get Hultzen back who could knock 1 to the pen ..The pitching is solid for next year..We do need the hitter or 2 for sure otherwise all those 5 hit 1 run losses will bite us in the butt again..I'd say Lo Mo stays and Hart goes..
    Morales sure didn't earn a 14 million raise..Kick Smoak out...I'd love to see them bring in T Hunter,I know he is old but that guy knows how to play the game and is a winner..2 games left it ain't over till the fat lady sings..Go Mariners!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4873
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:19 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:I am kinda pissed that we fell apart after looking like a sure playoff contender..In reality we just don't have the hitting to cover our starters when they get dead arms at this time,I'm sure the future is going to be brighter for this team..It's been a great year and while it's NOT over just yet(Mizzou and her fork) these guys have nothing to be ashamed of regardless of what happens this weekend...Go Mariners!!!

    Technically you're correct by the pure probabilities the Mariners have a 2% shot at making a tiebreaker game v Oakland.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12403
    Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:46 am
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:00 am
  • Crizilla wrote:Felix
    Iwakuma
    Paxton
    Elias
    Walker

    for next season


    Lets not forget Danny Hultzen could also be a player some time next year.
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:56 am
  • MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I am kinda pissed that we fell apart after looking like a sure playoff contender..In reality we just don't have the hitting to cover our starters when they get dead arms at this time,I'm sure the future is going to be brighter for this team..It's been a great year and while it's NOT over just yet(Mizzou and her fork) these guys have nothing to be ashamed of regardless of what happens this weekend...Go Mariners!!!

    Technically you're correct by the pure probabilities the Mariners have a 2% shot at making a tiebreaker game v Oakland.

    I think it's a lot higher than you believe..Remember 1995?It has happened since by other teams..You think Texas just wants Oakland in?I bet baseball would love a Seattle/Oakland play in...I know we all would..I know the odds are not good but you already had a fork stuck into em -was it Tuesday?Here we are still alive :thirishdrinkers: Go Mariners!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4873
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:03 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:I am kinda pissed that we fell apart after looking like a sure playoff contender..In reality we just don't have the hitting to cover our starters when they get dead arms at this time,I'm sure the future is going to be brighter for this team..It's been a great year and while it's NOT over just yet(Mizzou and her fork) these guys have nothing to be ashamed of regardless of what happens this weekend...Go Mariners!!!

    Technically you're correct by the pure probabilities the Mariners have a 2% shot at making a tiebreaker game v Oakland.

    I think it's a lot higher than you believe..Remember 1995?It has happened since by other teams..You think Texas just wants Oakland in?I bet baseball would love a Seattle/Oakland play in...I know we all would..I know the odds are not good but you already had a fork stuck into em -was it Tuesday?Here we are still alive :thirishdrinkers: Go Mariners!!!

    No that is the actual raw probability of them forcing a tie as of today...http://www.playoffstatus.com/mlb/americanstandings.html

    They have a chance and very slim one. And yes I do think they are done for the year but least it took until the last week of the season to be reasonably certain of it which in my book is a big step up from the last 10 years. They just need to get another good hitter or two and they will be a serious contender for the division next year. They're not that far off like usual.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12403
    Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:46 am
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:12 pm
  • Rangers up 3-1. Mariners just gotta play Mariners baseball and stuff will happen.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 820
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:54 pm

Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:26 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:MLB made a scoring change in Felix's last start, changing a hit to an error. He now has a chance to win the ERA title tomorrow.

    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11602 ... ing-change

    Excellent. On the glass half full side the Mariners are where the Royals were the last 2 years. They're very close to something big if they don't panic as usual.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12403
    Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:46 am
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:39 pm
  • Ladies and Gentleman, welcome to the biggest post 7th inning stretch in the history of Mariners baseball.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 820
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:58 pm
  • Oakland lost, Seattle going into the bottom of the ninth tied 1-1. Can they pull it off?
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10506
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:05 pm
  • we already survived an inning of Rodney.......we got this ! :D
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:06 pm
  • 2 on, nobody out...
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10506
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:10 pm
  • WOW !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests