2014 Seattle Mariners

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:15 pm
  • Bases loaded and nobody out and Brad Miller strikes out looking. He needs to go.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10478
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:18 pm
  • Taylor wiffs behind him :(
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:21 pm
  • Un-fricken-believable. Bases loaded and nobody out and the Mariners fail to score the winning run. That's Mariners baseball in a nutshell.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10478
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:21 pm
  • bases loaded with nobody out and we could not bring across one run :x
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:28 pm
  • Why in the world do you pinch hit Sucre with Miller when all you need is a fly ball?

    McClendon had too much faith in the young guys at the wrong moment
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1374
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:29 pm
  • Any bets on whether Wilhelmson gives up the lead here?
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10478
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:37 pm
  • *edit*

    Quintero its up to you !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:40 pm
  • Man, the Mariners offense really is pathetic.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10478
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:46 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Man, the Mariners offense really is pathetic.


    Too many young guys who can't handle the moment
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1374
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:48 pm
  • How sad is it that the best option with the bases loaded and no outs to hit a fly ball is Brad Miller?

    McClendon is gonna have to wear that one for awhile
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1374
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:52 pm
  • I don't have a problem with the move.....
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:57 pm
  • Miller trying to redeem himself with a double.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10478
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:01 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Miller trying to redeem himself with a double.


    How many times can we get a chance to hit a fly ball?
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1374
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:05 pm
  • Yeah Lloyd is going to have to live with that sub for a long long long time........
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:08 pm
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 820
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:08 pm
  • Ms managed to pull it out. Of course Felix is pitching tomorrow so whoever is pitching for the Angels will probably throw a no hitter.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10478
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:09 pm
  • Ha! You all look like a bunch of blitzer88s
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3092
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:09 pm
  • So, when was the last time the Mariners were still alive for the postseason on the final day?
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5707
    Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm
    Location: In the basement of Reynholm Industries


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:16 pm
  • m0ng0 wrote:Yeah Lloyd is going to have to live with that sub for a long long long time........


    Miller made up for it. But you cannot tell me with a straight face that the bases loaded with no outs and Miller choked. It shouldn't have come down to what it did.

    Sucre could hit a fly ball just as well as Miller. Striking out looking in that situation is terrible.
    amill87
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1374
    Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:19 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Ms managed to pull it out. Of course Felix is pitching tomorrow so whoever is pitching for the Angels will probably throw a no hitter.


    Give it up
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15728
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:23 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Ms managed to pull it out. Of course Felix is pitching tomorrow so whoever is pitching for the Angels will probably throw a no hitter.


    Yes, please, just shut up. Sarcasm like this is just stupid.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 820
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:41 pm
  • :pray:
    dontbelikethat
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3358
    Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:40 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:41 am
  • dontbelikethat wrote::pray:


    Just believe. The A's don't seems to want it. It was awesome seeing playoff baseball at the Safe tonight. Just believe... and hope and dream. This season has been so excruciatingly fun for a change... whatever happens, at least the Mariners finally bridged the gap for the Hawks off season. For it to land on the bye week no less. I will be watching!
    slipwax
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 331
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 am


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:27 am
  • Yes!!!Happy Felix day..Go Mariners!!!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4726
    Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:53 am
  • amill87 wrote:
    m0ng0 wrote:Yeah Lloyd is going to have to live with that sub for a long long long time........


    Miller made up for it. But you cannot tell me with a straight face that the bases loaded with no outs and Miller choked. It shouldn't have come down to what it did.

    Sucre could hit a fly ball just as well as Miller. Striking out looking in that situation is terrible.


    miller went on a called strike which was a nasty breaking ball. Could've been called a ball.

    Miller is hitting 320 in Sep and after his TERRIBLE April and May did well to get his average up to .221.

    Miller has oodles of talent and pretty dang good power for a SS. He is 24 in his second year....(I know we have heard that)
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5209
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 pm
    Location: Taipei


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:54 am
  • Wow, against all odds they're still alive. Go Ms!!!
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 21640
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:38 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:36 am
  • I was at the final game vs. the Angels when Randy pitched against Langston in the Dome.

    Good Times.....Go M's.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor
     
    Posts: 34657
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:38 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:39 am
  • The M's are beating the the best team in baseball to get to meaningful 162. Good way to finish with Felix on the Mound.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3643
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:22 pm
    Location: Ich tu dir weh


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:50 am
  • Largent80 wrote:I was at the final game vs. the Angels when Randy pitched against Langston in the Dome.

    Good Times.....Go M's.


    I remember that game. Blew it open in the 7th I think?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15728
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:52 am
  • I think it's safe to say Jackson earned his entire year's salary last night.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 820
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:54 am
  • Forgive me guys, I posted that at 1am after a long, frustrating sports day. I'm still rooting for the Ms and I know that Felix pitching gives us the best possible chance.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10478
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:58 am
  • Hell, I was pretty happy we were still relevant at the trading deadline. To be playing in 162 still with life in the playoff hunt is gravy.

    :D
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16847
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:23 am
  • It feels really good to see the Mariners still in it on the last regular season day. Please let Oakland choke! Happy Felix day! :49ersmall:
    MLTHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 258
    Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:57 am
  • Happy to see that I've been wrong so far.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties
     
    Posts: 12403
    Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:46 am
    Location: Kansas City, MO


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:48 pm
  • dumbrabbit wrote:I think it's safe to say Jackson earned his entire year's salary last night.


    why? Any replacement or most under-replacement level players should be able to get a run in with a man on third and one out
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4097
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 3:09 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:21 pm
  • Sadly, it looks like Oakland is going to win. They're up 2-0 in the 9th inning. :(
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 10478
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:22 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Sadly, it looks like Oakland is going to win. They're up 2-0 in the 9th inning. :(

    Too bad. Felix is throwing a gem.
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77
     
    Posts: 16847
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:56 pm
  • I know Uncle Si will disagree, but this is really disappointing. If Cano were 28, that'd be one thing, but he's already 31. We have maybe two more years of peak Cano, if that, before he starts to decline. We sort of have to win now, and we were giving at bats to Justin Smoak in the middle of a playoff race. It's a real shame.

    I just want to see Felix get to the playoffs for himself (and to get twenty wins even if pitcher wins are a stupid stat). You see how he's pitching in a virtual playoff game today. He deserves that much from this franchise.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4282
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:00 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:I know Uncle Si will disagree, but this is really disappointing. If Cano were 28, that'd be one thing, but he's already 31. We have maybe two more years of peak Cano, if that, before he starts to decline. We sort of have to win now, and we were giving at bats to Justin Smoak in the middle of a playoff race. It's a real shame.

    I just want to see Felix get to the playoffs for himself (and to get twenty wins even if pitcher wins are a stupid stat). You see how he's pitching in a virtual playoff game today. He deserves that much from this franchise.



    First off, Felix is pitching against the Angels b squad today so let's not shoot our load to soon on today's performance. He is a top pitcher in the game and can do this to any teams a squad, but keep perspective here. Second, I believe the Mariners learned how to be a playoff team this season, but came up just short. A couple of offensive adjustments in the off season and I believe that Felix will get his playoff shot next season.

    Helluva season.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3092
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:02 pm
  • M's have no one to blame but themselves. The A's handed them the spot and M's responded by losing 2 out of 3 to the Astros and 3 out of 4 to the blue jays. Of course they opened the season with sweeping the Angels, and now it looks like they will end the season sweeping the Angels again.

    Go seahawks
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2908
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:03 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:I know Uncle Si will disagree, but this is really disappointing. If Cano were 28, that'd be one thing, but he's already 31. We have maybe two more years of peak Cano, if that, before he starts to decline. We sort of have to win now, and we were giving at bats to Justin Smoak in the middle of a playoff race. It's a real shame.

    I just want to see Felix get to the playoffs for himself (and to get twenty wins even if pitcher wins are a stupid stat). You see how he's pitching in a virtual playoff game today. He deserves that much from this franchise.



    First off, Felix is pitching against the Angels b squad today so let's not shoot our load to soon on today's performance. He is a top pitcher in the game and can do this to any teams a squad, but keep perspective here. Second, I believe the Mariners learned how to be a playoff team this season, but came up just short. A couple of offensive adjustments in the off season and I believe that Felix will get his playoff shot next season.

    Helluva season.


    I saw Pujols and Trout and Calhoun out there. The Ms are hitting against the Angels' B-squad pitchers, but let's not diminish what Felix is doing today.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4282
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:06 pm
  • Why can't we appreciate how much the M's have improved this year? This team has so much potential.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 820
    Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:10 pm
  • dumbrabbit wrote:Why can't we appreciate how much the M's have improved this year? This team has so much potential.


    I don't think "appreciate what they did" and "lament what they didn't accomplish" are a binary. I can do both, but the truth is that this team didn't make the playoffs, and at least giving yourself a chance in the tournament is paramount. I can take not winning a WS because of the high variance involved in short playoff series, but they need to make the playoffs, especially since Cano is going to go from "elite" to "solid" to "just above replacement in the next 4-5 years.

    Furthermore, we saw the Mariners end with about the same record in 2007, gathered hope, and then saw them go 61-101 in 2008. Is this improvement also a mirage? I am guessing not so much because Seager is for real and Ackley probably is going to be solid in left, plus Austin Jackson is at least decent in center, and Elias and Paxton along with Felix look strong going forward. This isn't a mirage like 2007, so that gives me some hope for next year, but we must be wary...and our division will be really tough again, with Houston improving and Texas getting healthy.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4282
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:20 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:M's have no one to blame but themselves. The A's handed them the spot and M's responded by losing 2 out of 3 to the Astros and 3 out of 4 to the blue jays. Of course they opened the season with sweeping the Angels, and now it looks like they will end the season sweeping the Angels again.

    Go seahawks



    Yep.
    Trenchbroom
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2834
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:47 am
    Location: Spokangeles


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:25 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:I know Uncle Si will disagree, but this is really disappointing. If Cano were 28, that'd be one thing, but he's already 31. We have maybe two more years of peak Cano, if that, before he starts to decline. We sort of have to win now, and we were giving at bats to Justin Smoak in the middle of a playoff race. It's a real shame.

    I just want to see Felix get to the playoffs for himself (and to get twenty wins even if pitcher wins are a stupid stat). You see how he's pitching in a virtual playoff game today. He deserves that much from this franchise.



    First off, Felix is pitching against the Angels b squad today so let's not shoot our load to soon on today's performance. He is a top pitcher in the game and can do this to any teams a squad, but keep perspective here. Second, I believe the Mariners learned how to be a playoff team this season, but came up just short. A couple of offensive adjustments in the off season and I believe that Felix will get his playoff shot next season.

    Helluva season.


    I saw Pujols and Trout and Calhoun out there. The Ms are hitting against the Angels' B-squad pitchers, but let's not diminish what Felix is doing today.


    You saw them for two at bats each. Settle down
    Last edited by chris98251 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: Edited for attacking posters
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3092
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:26 pm
  • A 16 game swing in the win column is not enough? I think some valuable lessons were learned this year and this core unit is going to grow and get even better, I think McClendon did a great job with this team and with a few more pieces on the offense (whether FA or homegrown) an absolutely sick pitching staff we are going to contend for the division next year. Sorry it was not enough for many of you but stick around.....better days are coming !
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3357
    Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:55 pm
    Location: The Shoug


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:32 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:I know Uncle Si will disagree, but this is really disappointing. If Cano were 28, that'd be one thing, but he's already 31. We have maybe two more years of peak Cano, if that, before he starts to decline. We sort of have to win now, and we were giving at bats to Justin Smoak in the middle of a playoff race. It's a real shame.

    I just want to see Felix get to the playoffs for himself (and to get twenty wins even if pitcher wins are a stupid stat). You see how he's pitching in a virtual playoff game today. He deserves that much from this franchise.


    This was the playoffs really. I mean I understand the difference but this was a big step forward for the club.

    Its a shame we were knocked out... And lits of what ifs out there. There will be disappointment sure but as you said, positive and negative can exist simultaneously here.

    Some upgrades to come but thats for the winter.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 15728
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:35 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:You saw them for two at bats each. Settle down .


    So what you're telling me is that you still can't post without making sense and you're still here crapping up the Mariners thread.

    The next time you post, say something sensible or maybe just cut off your computer instead.
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4282
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:43 pm
  • Smelly McUgly wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:You saw them for two at bats each. Settle down .


    So what you're telling me is that you still can't post without making sense and you're still here crapping up the Mariners thread.

    The next time you post, say something sensible or maybe just cut off your computer instead.



    I can't post without making sense? Well, I can't disagree with you there. Thank you for the compliment. Just because you are wrong and I am correct does not make what I say lack sense.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3092
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:52 pm


Re: 2014 Seattle Mariners
Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:45 pm
  • CurryStopstheRuns wrote:
    Smelly McUgly wrote:
    CurryStopstheRuns wrote:You saw them for two at bats each. Settle down .


    So what you're telling me is that you still can't post without making sense and you're still here crapping up the Mariners thread.

    The next time you post, say something sensible or maybe just cut off your computer instead.



    I can't post without making sense? Well, I can't disagree with you there. Thank you for the compliment. Just because you are wrong and I am correct does not make what I say lack sense.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    Reason: Edited for attacking poster
    Smelly McUgly
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4282
    Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:30 pm
    Location: God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwest


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:31 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests