2014 Socchi Winter Olympics

TestMo1337

Reaction score
Is anyone watching this?

Normally, I'll give most Olympics a fair amount of views but I find myself just not caring about this year's olympics. I'm not sure it's it's Russia, or the fact that I think the IOC is incredibly corrupt and I don't really want to support events like this.

Thoughts?

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
It's probably because the Seahawks just won the Super Bowl and nothing else matters.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
sammyc521":38je53bf said:
Is anyone watching this?

Normally, I'll give most Olympics a fair amount of views but I find myself just not caring about this year's olympics. I'm not sure it's it's Russia, or the fact that I think the IOC is incredibly corrupt and I don't really want to support events like this.

Thoughts?

The corruption aspect definitely tarnishes both the Olympics and the football World Cup for me. I happily watch, despite this, because when all is said and done it's the world's top athletes competing for the sport's ultimate prize.

So yes, I have been watching.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
maybe its because all the events are live in the middle of the night....Canada doing well so far but doubting hockey gold for men or womens team will happen this time around. USA will definitely win the womens gold and I think Russia takes the mens gold....USA should also have a strong chance too.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2o9ajvtx said:
waiting for hockey to start

Yep. Winter seems to be more individual oriented, which isn't as exciting. I do enjoy speed skating though, at least it's direct competition and not just scores and times. And, I've never skied or snowboarded or anything so it isn't terribly interesting to me.

Largent80

Reaction score
I love the W.O.

I used to cross country ski when I lived in Wash. so I like that, luge, bobsledding, hockey, and the speedskating, pretty cool stuff.

I also kinda like watching the couples ice dance, I just can't watch a whole evening of it. Also the womens ice skating is good. That Russian girl is only 15 and skates like she is in her 20's....Good stuff.

hawker84

Reaction score
Americans not fairing so well thus far, Lot of good wipeouts in the half pike last night, fun to watch... other than that, i forget it's even on until i start channel surfing and run accross it.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I enjoy watching alpine skiing and bobsled/luge/skeleton.

Unfortunately a good 2/3rds of coverage is figure skating, but at least Comcast has put everything on demand, so I can pick and choose. (My wife has watched just about every single curling event so far.)

OP
OP
TestMo1337

TestMo1337

Reaction score
The snow conditions seem terrible. My wife had on the Men's Halfpipe and the commentators were blasting the poor condition of the event.

Don't know if it affected the Women's Half pipe.

m0ng0

Reaction score
the high temp today is 64, the low is 50......its hard to run a winter this way :D

CPHawk

Reaction score
TJ Oshei with all the US goals in the win over Russia!

Largent80

Reaction score
Looking forward to J.R. Celski in short track skating, who IS a 12 and I believe, from Seattle.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
m0ng0":1qtw8cf2 said:
what a great game ! And I do believe TJ is a good 12 also !
Yeah, he's from Mt Vernon. Nice to see a local kid kill it at such a big moment.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ever since the Networks stopped airing the Olympics the marketing and coverage has went down hill, hardly even thought about it this year. Used to like watching Winter above all else.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
chris98251":3v63r3xw said:
Ever since the Networks stopped airing the Olympics the marketing and coverage has went down hill, hardly even thought about it this year. Used to like watching Winter above all else.
Not sure what you mean by "the Networks stopped airing the Olympics", they're on NBC in primetime every weeknight and almost all day on the weekends.

Well I never see any programming advertisements, maybe I'm on the wrong channels at the wrong time. Just seems like it's not as relevant. Could be I also am on more cable channels as well these days, they used to advertise on other channels and I don't see that either.

I just remember a time where you could not turn on the TV and not see something Olympic oreinted or advertised.

Last possibility is maybe I'm just older and not as focused on TV also.

If they are thats great, I think it's great for the country and the youth to see them compete and have dreams of being the next great representitive of the country in a sport.

Also I can blame all of you, this year I spend a lot of time here instead of watching the tube :)