Reporter gone to far with Bode Miller

woodstockme

Reaction score
this is a very upsetting example of why players should not be forced to talk to reporters - was it really necessary to cause Bode Miller emotional distress and then have NBC replay it when it had hours to edit it out?
http://www.sportingnews.com/olympics/st ... Twi/SNMain
Only goes to show the press has no concern about anything but sensationalism and that Marshawn Lynch's refusal to talk to the was justified

SonicHawk

Reaction score
woodstockme":1wcsue6n said:
this is a very upsetting example of why players should not be forced to talk to reporters - was it really necessary to cause Bode Miller emotional distress and then have NBC replay it when it had hours to edit it out?
http://www.sportingnews.com/olympics/st ... Twi/SNMain
Only goes to show the press has no concern about anything but sensationalism and that Marshawn Lynch's refusal to talk to the was justified

Lynch is on my team and I own his jersey so what he does I can accept with the media.

However, the point of athletes doing media is to support their sport. The reason why the NFL mandates meeting with the media because the media needs quotes to put in their stories. This helps the NFL immensely. If you're not talking to the media, the media isn't talking about you.

Now, there is a line and this line was crossed from the beginning by this reporter. They should be fired.

vdenningrn

Reaction score
I totally agree with the above conversation. This reporter just kept asking and asking the same question over and over again, knowing she/he knew they were on the verge of totally upsetting the man, but just kept asking!!! This took away from the fact that the man just WON a medal!!! Bad journalism! !

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I highly doubt NBC will do anything except maybe offer a generic apology. This was shown in primetime and is far from live. NBC had many, many hours to decide if they wanted to air this or not and obviously they felt the positive outweighed the negative for them.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Reporters are below land slugs on the evolutionary ladder.