I think Seattle can host at least the Winter Olympics...

korboko

Reaction score
If not the Summer Olympics, than I think Seattle can host the Winter Olympics... we already have the infrastructure and the venues. Put the Opening/Closing ceremonies in Century Link Field, and the figure skating/skating events at Comcast Arena at Everett. Hockey events can go to the new SoDo Arena once it's built. There's also Key Arena for Curling. Skiing events can go to Stevens Pass, or the Summit at Snoqualmie.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I'd be down for that. But we don't have the leadership in Seattle or Olympia to make it happen.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Call me a party pooper if you will but no thanks. The cost, the congestion, increased potential terrorism threat ain't worth it IMHO. The greater Seattle area is gridlock already.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Hosting the Olympics is a siren song. The wake of the event will be a disaster for the city. No thanks.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
korboko":145e71d8 said:
If not the Summer Olympics, than I think Seattle can host the Winter Olympics... we already have the infrastructure and the venues. Put the Opening/Closing ceremonies in Century Link Field, and the figure skating/skating events at Comcast Arena at Everett. Hockey events can go to the new SoDo Arena once it's built. There's also Key Arena for Curling. Skiing events can go to Stevens Pass, or the Summit at Snoqualmie.

We don't have the infrastructure to handle our own residents, what makes you think we can add a few million people for a few weeks?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SonicHawk":33magcd6 said:
korboko":33magcd6 said:

We don't have the infrastructure to handle our own residents, what makes you think we can add a few million people for a few weeks?
That was the point I was trying to make, but you said it better.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
It's been said that Seattle ouwld have a hard time hosting the Superbowl, let alone the Olympics.

Pipe dream.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1qefkvth said:
I'd be down for that. But we don't have the leadership in Seattle or Olympia to make it happen.
Worse, we've got the leadership to make sure it doesn't happen.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2ig5slcr said:
Jazzhawk":2ig5slcr said:
Worse, we've got the leadership to make sure it doesn't happen.
LOL....yes, indeed that is correct. Sadly so.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1co2myr1 said:
Call me a party pooper if you will but no thanks. The cost, the congestion, increased potential terrorism threat ain't worth it IMHO. The greater Seattle area is gridlock already.

I agree. Nooooo thank you.