Mariners Ticket Question

kidhawk

Reaction score
My mom is a life long baseball fan. She's a Yankees fan first and a Mariners Fan second. We are sending her on a trip to visit with friends/family in the area in June and I'd like to get her some tickets to one of the games in the Mariners/Yankees series. So far about all I can find out is they go on sale to the general public on Saturday and there is some kind of pre-sale on Friday. Does anyone have more details for me? She doesn't do well on stairs, so I'd like her not to have to climb a lot of stairs to get to her seats. I'd like to keep the tickets in a reasonable price range and I know she prefers her view to be in the area either behind the plate or on the first base line in the infield area of the stadium. Any extra information that anyone can provide would be helpful as I've never been inside Safeco field myself, just Seahawks Stadium.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I know that Safeco has handicap seating at the top of each aisle way on the first level, and I believe there is elevator or escalator access to that level. As for tickets I'd try the Mariners website, you should be able to get tickets fairly easily as the mariners have sucked for he better part of 10 years and the ticket rush for tickets is nothing like the Hawks, though the Yankees, Boston, and opening night will be the first ones to be sold out. Good luck.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
I don't think ticket prices are going to be too steep.

It's the Mariners.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Thanks guys....I hadn't even thought about looking for a handicap section. (Insert Homer Simpson DOH here). When they go on Sale I'll look for those first. If they are not available I may just have to call a toll free number and sit on hold for awhile.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
They shouldn't be that hard to get as there always seemed to be some empty ones back when I used to go to a ton of games, and this is when they were drawing much better. Safeco is a beautiful ballpark when the sun is out, the only problem I have with the M's is the clowns that are running the team. (See Howard Lincoln and company)

Throwdown

Reaction score
If anyone hasn't been to Safeco I'd recommend it. Beautiful ballpark, amazing views even if you just walk around the stadium like i usually do if I go... you don't gotta be a fan of the M's to appreciate it, took my friend who's a Cubs fan to a game once, he thought the stadium was awesome.

Even if you just go for the experience you won't be disappointed, only way I can see you be disappointed is if you're rooting the M's on.

Subzero717

Reaction score
The stadium is absolutely amazing on a beautiful summer evening or nice Sunday afternoon. As you will find out a lot of people arent even.paying attention to the game. At least where I tend to hang. Buy the absolute cheapest ticket you can. Go to Edgars grab a taco and a beer hang there for a few. Then migrate to the pen (centerfield) standing and drinking area. When your legs get tired about the fifth sixth move to the inner bowl and politely ask an usher if you can sit in one of the thousands of empty seats not being occupied. They will almost always say yes. If not, go to the next section/usher. If you try without asking and get caught some get their power feathers ruffeled.

86Hawk

Reaction score
Dont worry about doing it quickly. They wont sell out. The yankees series last year the stadium was only half capacity. If you sit on the third base side of the 300 level an escalator will take you right to your seats for about $25. If you enter in left field it will take you right to the escalator.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Tickets don't sell out except on opening day and crazy events like Griffey's ceremony last year.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":2vups71b said:
↑ I dont think they soldout either day last year.
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. They had the baseball world by the short hairs 12'plus years ago and promptly pissed it away.

Had a buddy that had full season tix back then and he was getting offered triple face value for his pair of tix when the Yankees, Boston and other big games were happening. The mariners are victims of their own ineptness.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3evvmbmq said:
CALIHAWK1":3evvmbmq said:
↑ I dont think they soldout either day last year.
Wouldn't surprise me one bit. They had the baseball world by the short hairs 12'plus years ago and promptly pissed it away.

Had a buddy that had full season tix back then and he was getting offered triple face value for his pair of tix when the Yankees, Boston and other big games were happening. The mariners are victims of their own ineptness.

Theyre victims of being owned by a corporation that doesnt care as long as they are in the black. Until they have a singular or singular majority owner I dont see things changing. Cano was a foolish signing if they had no plans to follow up on it. He will be begging to get out in four years tops.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Thanks again guys. Got the tickets over the weekend. Wasn't too worried about them selling out right away, but just wanted to get the best seats for her as I could within budgetary and her physical constraints. Ended up having to call to get the handicap accessible seats, but got her some in section 119 so I think she'll have a great time. Thanks again guys for the inputs

SonicHawk

Reaction score
kidhawk":ii9bnolk said:
Thanks again guys. Got the tickets over the weekend. Wasn't too worried about them selling out right away, but just wanted to get the best seats for her as I could within budgetary and her physical constraints. Ended up having to call to get the handicap accessible seats, but got her some in section 119 so I think she'll have a great time. Thanks again guys for the inputs

Hope she has a great time. The handicap seats are solid seats!

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just wanted to say thanks again for the advice guys. She just went to the game last night and had a great time. She loved her seats.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":3v2w628h said:
Just wanted to say thanks again for the advice guys. She just went to the game last night and had a great time. She loved her seats.
Good to hear. :th2thumbs: