Is Salk coming back?

Intothewater

Reaction score
He is out in Boston. Return of the Brock and Salk show maybe? That is the rumor in the Boston papers.

davidonmi

Reaction score
no, get him on KJR, maybe he can save that worthless trainwreck of a station.
In all seriousness he ain't coming back

GCrow

Reaction score
Whoa, quick twitter search for his name and ya definetly not liked as much in Boston. Yeesh

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Am I really in the minority cause I like KJR? As long as they are talking Seahawks I love it. I don't think they are experts but they are entertaining and know more than the average fan. Honestly I bet only the football nerds (most of .net) enjoy the x & o's type stuff that guys like Hugh Millen bring to the table.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Wenhawk":x1iezbpe said:
Am I really in the minority cause I like KJR? As long as they are talking Seahawks I love it. I don't think they are experts but they are entertaining and know more than the average fan. Honestly I bet only the football nerds (most of .net) enjoy the x & o's type stuff that guys like Hugh Millen bring to the table.
I like Hugh, and I like Mitch, and Furness. But their is so much uninformed nonsense.
When I want to listen to sportsradio I want to hear someone giving not a rational but at least an informed view of things, Softy talks like the fan he really is, and I'm just not a fan of that.
Elise doesn't know jack squat, and while brewer knows his stuff, his voice and lack of personality are radio garbage.
It's a complete homer radio station outside of a few, and while some enjoy that I just don't.

OP
OP
I

Intothewater

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":117b77k4 said:
Why is he out?

They hated him back there from day one. His arrogant tone, which played great with Brock shooting him down worked well here, but not so much with his cohost back there. His thing about ketchup not belonging on hotdogs is a great example. You are not going to tell someone back there what to do with their food so they can be more sophisticated. The who the F are you came into play. You need credibility in that market and he came in high and mighty, doesn't work. Not bashing him, just an observation. Loved Tom's Brock, Salk, Boy Howday show. From last year. Tom should have stepped in. Brock and Tom would have been great.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Intothewater":1shynobl said:
ImTheScientist":1shynobl said:
Why is he out?

They hated him back there from day one. His arrogant tone, which played great with Brock shooting him down worked well here, but not so much with his cohost back there. His thing about ketchup not belonging on hotdogs is a great example. You are not going to tell someone back there what to do with their food so they can be more sophisticated. The who the F are you came into play. You need credibility in that market and he came in high and mighty, doesn't work. Not bashing him, just an observation. Loved Tom's Brock, Salk, Boy Howday show. From last year. Tom should have stepped in. Brock and Tom would have been great.
disagree, Tom and Colin at night are a pretty good duo and I doubt Brock and Tom would be a grat match.
If they want to go back to brock and salk, then they would probably move danny into a hugh millen type role

pinksheets

Reaction score
I would be ecstatic. I'd love for him to reunite with Brock or anything really. Seattle sports radio hurts for talent throughout.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Mike Salk‏@TheMikeSalk·5h
Thank you to so many of you who have reached out in the last hour. Yes, I decided to leave WEEI today for a new and unique opportunity.

that doesn't sound like he's coming back

pinksheets

Reaction score
davidonmi":y9xgyp3u said:
Mike Salk‏@TheMikeSalk·5h
Thank you to so many of you who have reached out in the last hour. Yes, I decided to leave WEEI today for a new and unique opportunity.

that doesn't sound like he's coming back
He got pushed out, his language is going to be overly optimistic sounding.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I'd love for him to replace Danny, the show just hasn't been the same since Salk left. Either way I hope he comes back to 710. Being down in the Tri-Cities we only get 710 so him landing at KJR wouldn't do me any good.

tifferradish

Reaction score
I would absolutely love for Salk to come back and kick Danny Oneil out.