The NBA is a garbage league that needs to die, but I know

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
how to fix it.

Sometimes, NBA talk seeps into my view. People are really complaining about teams tanking for better draft picks.

Therefore, I think the solution is to steal from soccer: relegation.

The D-League is a minor league system and should remain as such. However, the NBA should sign a deal with the CBA. The last two teams in each conference get relegated to the CBA, and the CBA champ and runner-up enter the NBA. Any NBA teams that go down to the CBA have all players, coaches, and front office staff get their salaries scaled down to CBA-level salaries, and the reverse is true for winning CBA teams. The incentive not to lose is obvious.

BOOM. I would watch that, especially after Kevin Durant leaves for Brooklyn and the Zombies and Kings spend the rest of their franchise days alternating in and out of the CBA.

You're all welcome for this awesome solution.

Largent80

Reaction score
I quit watching after the Sonics-Phoenix series in what 1993?

Seeing Barkley go to the free throw line more than 40 times in a game?

NBA and basketball is not even in my thoughts.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The only reason I want the NBA back is because it increases the chance of an NHL team coming here. Besides that I hope the NBA dies a long painful death.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Largent80":2w4bg04n said:
I quit watching after the Sonics-Phoenix series in what 1993?

Seeing Barkley go to the free throw line more than 40 times in a game?

NBA and basketball is not even in my thoughts.

I didn't quit at that time but I still can't believe how corrupt that game was. The Suns went to the free throw line 64 times and made 57.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
They'd never do this but imagine if the NBA adopted a tournament similar to the NCAA? One and dones would be fun

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It needed to die when they pulled the Seattle robbery..I still hope it dies a painful death..It has evolved into a soft mushy pile of crap...Will never watch it again ever..Except on you tube where you can see when it was a real game ...

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
The NBA, Where traveling is never called. Why do they even dribble? You can take 3-4 steps and switch your pivot foot multiple times and no whistle.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":hayo4qiy said:
The NBA, Where traveling is never called. Why do they even dribble? You can take 3-4 steps and switch your pivot foot multiple times and no whistle.
LeBron is the king of this...can't watch this garbage nowadays

OP
OP
Smelly McUgly

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
What's amazing is that people just accept that stars will get calls in key situations. This is something people normalize about watching NBA basketball. Notice that, unlike in the NFL, there were only about five different teams to win it all between about 1980 and 2007, the last year I watched. Partially this is because superstars and their teams get a ton of help from league officials.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I've always hated superstar calls in the NBA. It just shows at least a partial fix is in. If they are superstars they shouldn't need help from the officiating. Problem is the league has been doing this for 30+ years. When they played when did you ever see Shaq or Jordan foul out of a game? Try never.

The superstar call is a main reason it's a crap league and crap product.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15mgb8xt said:
I've always hated superstar calls in the NBA. It just shows at least a partial fix is in. If they are superstars they shouldn't need help from the officiating. Problem is the league has been doing this for 30+ years. When they played when did you ever see Shaq or Jordan foul out of a game? Try never.

I don't know that Jordan needed any help from the officials-not saying he didn't get any..I agree though a lot of superstars get the calls..Shaq did foul out a lot..Wilt never did once.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2owtkpsg said:
Sports Hernia":2owtkpsg said:

I don't know that Jordan needed any help from the officials-not saying he didn't get any..I agree though a lot of superstars get the calls..Shaq did foul out a lot..Wilt never did once.
Jordan only fouled out 11 times, and I guarantee they came way early in his career, and I doubt Shaq's number was much higher despite throwing guys around like rag dolls. When these superstars foul guys and it's called a lot of times the foul is "assigned" to a nearby teammate from the official. The NBA has known it has had a shaky product for decades, and the superstar call is their version of baseball's steroids.

Their misguided belief is everyone wants to watch the "superstars"....... Wrong! I want to watch MY team BEAT the superstars on an even playing field/court. That's why they try to go to towns where they are the only game in town, they know the quality of their product wont be questioned.

Subzero717

Reaction score
IndyHawk":gouihe9j said:
Sports Hernia":gouihe9j said:

If he had a bad shooting night from the field he ironically would also be 24-26 from the ft line.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You know I got to kind of defend MJ because I was watching the Bulls run the whole time..Almost every game and it was rare he would have a bad night,if he did he would pass a lot more and take it to the hoop and draw fouls..Sure he got some bogus calls but we have all agreed superstars get those calls..

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
IndyHawk":wdmk1srh said:
You know I got to kind of defend MJ because I was watching the Bulls run the whole time..Almost every game and it was rare he would have a bad night,if he did he would pass a lot more and take it to the hoop and draw fouls..Sure he got some bogus calls but we have all agreed superstars get those calls..
I'm not blaming Jordan or any other player for taking advantage what the league gives them. I'm blaming the NBA. He knew he wasn't going to foul out and if he drove to the hoop and missed he'd get bailed out by the zebras. I'd rather see a legitimate officiated game vs a game that superstars have an unfair advantage. The NBA and their brain trust (or lack there of) feels differently.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Meh, anyone could get most of these "superstar" calls if these players had the brains to attack the basket in the clutch, where most these late game free throw fouls and normal free throw fouls for that matter, happen most the time.

But hey, who am I to poop on a conspiracy party?