Ultimate Warrior dead at 54

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SeatownJay":11fgwckm said:
The last several days have been very eventful for the WWE, both good and bad.

oh do tell...

I was going through the Deadspin article on the Ultimate Warrior today (fascinating actually) and they had some clips of the old WWF. Forgot all those characters and how much fun that was to watch as a kid.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3jn1rkah said:
oh do tell...
Well, Saturday was the WWE Hall of Fame induction, where The Ultimate Warrior was the headline. It was also leaked on Saturday that Sting had finally agreed to a deal with WWE and would debut at Raw following Wrestlemania to begin a storyline with the Undertaker for his final match at WM 31 next year. Sunday was Wrestlemania, which was by all accounts a massive success, except Undertaker suffered a legit concussion and ended up spending the night in the hospital, postponing Sting's debut. On Raw, The Undertaker made his last public appearance and his comments now seem eerily prophetic. Monday was also the return of RVD to action and saw the kickoff of the traditional post-Wrestlemania storylines. And then on Tuesday Warrior passes away just days after his much-celebrated return to the WWE fold.

Basis4day

Reaction score
SeatownJay":37meik3y said:
Uncle Si":37meik3y said:
oh do tell...
Well, Saturday was the WWE Hall of Fame induction, where The Ultimate Warrior was the headline. It was also leaked on Saturday that Sting had finally agreed to a deal with WWE and would debut at Raw following Wrestlemania to begin a storyline with the Undertaker for his final match at WM 31 next year. Sunday was Wrestlemania, which was by all accounts a massive success, except Undertaker suffered a legit concussion and ended up spending the night in the hospital, postponing Sting's debut. On Raw, The Undertaker made his last public appearance and his comments now seem eerily prophetic. Monday was also the return of RVD to action and saw the kickoff of the traditional post-Wrestlemania storylines. And then on Tuesday Warrior passes away just days after his much-celebrated return to the WWE fold.

Outside of the last couple days, you could include one of their biggest stars (CM Punk) walking away from the company due to internal conflicts.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3bmcj1r5 said:
SeatownJay":3bmcj1r5 said:

oh do tell...

I was going through the Deadspin article on the Ultimate Warrior today (fascinating actually) and they had some clips of the old WWF. Forgot all those characters and how much fun that was to watch as a kid.
You do know over half of those wrestlers are dead ..There are sites that list them and how they died..It's tragic...RIP AW...

kearly

Reaction score
Wow, he was on Monday Night RAW the night before he collapsed and died.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
IndyHawk":11lh75ap said:
Uncle Si":11lh75ap said:
SeatownJay":11lh75ap said:

oh do tell...

You do know over half of those wrestlers are dead ..There are sites that list them and how they died..It's tragic...RIP AW...

very aware of it...

i gave up following it around high school. but its crazy how fast these guys are falling, without any culpability behind the organizations.

Very sad.

OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
CANHawk":2tb78sb0 said:
kearly":2tb78sb0 said:
Wow, he was on Monday Night RAW the night before he collapsed and died.

How very Mickey Rourke-ish.

Uhh...that would be Randy The Ram.

wrestlerreview.jpg

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Is it any surprise that these guys die so young? You can't do the 'roids these guys were doing and expect to live very long.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
They are overworked, are technically independent contractors and don't have health insurance. Even without steroids, the bumps take their toll and they eventually break down. WWE only started instituting a drug testing policy in the last ten years, far too late for a lot of these guys. Damage has been done.

m0ng0

Reaction score
hahaha, I admit it I watched wrasslin when I was growing up, Portland had a pretty good minor league scene in the 70 and 80's. Lots of big names cut there teeth in the northwest. But UW was pretty much a talentless hack and after he beat the greatest wrestler of all times "The Honky Tonk Man" in like 30 seconds :D I was done with wrasslin. Its too bad he was so young but his body had been through a lot of abuse!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
m0ng0":3g4fpawj said:
hahaha, I admit it I watched wrasslin when I was growing up, Portland had a pretty good minor league scene in the 70 and 80's. Lots of big names cut there teeth in the northwest. But UW was pretty much a talentless hack and after he beat the greatest wrestler of all times "The Honky Tonk Man" in like 30 seconds :D I was done with wrasslin. Its too bad he was so young but his body had been through a lot of abuse!

Billy Jack Haynes vs Rip Oliver. Used to attend a lot of those Portland Wrestling events back in the day.

Former NFL'r Shawne Merriman is joining WWE.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 09394.html

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
We used to get Portland rastlin up here in Seattle on TV, when I was a kid. LOL, rip the crrippler, Billy Jack, playboy buddy rose, Stan Stasiak and his heart punch.... The good old days when I was a kid and thought rastlin was real. :)

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I don't remember watching a lot of WWE when I was a kid, I knew it was there, with Hulk Hogan, Andre, etc. But I alwasy seemed to gravitate toward the NWA and WCW stuff. Seemed a little darker, lower budget, than the big colorful over the top WWE.

I remember watching the NWA when it was in a studio in Atlanta or something? You guys remember that? Dusty Rhodes, Road Warriors, 4 Horsemen, Ric Flair, Nikita Koloff, Rock n Roll Express, all those guys?

I remember when Hawk died, that bummed me out. Him and Animal... my favorite wrestlers of all time. Those guys live a hard life, takes a toll.

RIP Warrior

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Sting always has been my favorite wrastler. The stinger splash, the scorpion death drop, scorpion death lock... What's not to love about that.

[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1397517763366.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1397517763366.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1397517763366.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,529
OP
OP
Greenhell

Greenhell

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":rsny490z said:
I don't remember watching a lot of WWE when I was a kid, I knew it was there, with Hulk Hogan, Andre, etc. But I alwasy seemed to gravitate toward the NWA and WCW stuff. Seemed a little darker, lower budget, than the big colorful over the top WWE.

I remember watching the NWA when it was in a studio in Atlanta or something? You guys remember that? Dusty Rhodes, Road Warriors, 4 Horsemen, Ric Flair, Nikita Koloff, Rock n Roll Express, all those guys?

I remember when Hawk died, that bummed me out. Him and Animal... my favorite wrestlers of all time. Those guys live a hard life, takes a toll.

RIP Warrior

NWA was my favorite wrestling as well. And The Road Warriors were also my favorite wrestlers of all-time. :th2thumbs: