The Masters

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if we had any golf fans in here but I love The Masters. I truly feel that HDTV was made for events like this. The weather was beautiful but nobody took advantage of that and went on a run, Bill Hass is in the lead after Round 1 at -4. The last two winners (Bubba Watson and Adam Scott) are both one back along with Oosthuizen. At this point the tournament is wide open with another 15 players at -1 or -2, including Washington's Fred Couples.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
For me golf on TV = ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz, used to play (not well) 20 years ago.

getnasty

Reaction score
Masters is pure class and i love it. My boy Phil blew up yesterday hopefully he can get it turned around today. Always pulling for Freddy, somehow he always plays well at the Masters.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I love Golf and the Masters is fun in the final round for me..I watched Jack in 86 win it..Saw Tigers long putt sideways /down the slope/breaks into the hole to win it.. Was fun watching Arnold and old guys trying to play with their lifetime exceptions and some would do pretty good..This one I'm rooting for Seattle's own-Fred Couples

Sac

Reaction score
Following the Masters at work. I have Adam Scott and Jordan Speith in my Masters Pool.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":11hnh6ho said:
Following the Masters at work. I have Adam Scott and Jordan Speith in my Masters Pool.

Nice picks.

And it's Spieth.

Been following him since he was a junior golfer.

Great kid.

OP
OP
mbtitleist

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Bubba opened up a nice lead with a 68 today and is up by three strokes going into the weekend. There's only 14 players under par right now including Fred Couples who shot another 71 and is T7 right now. Some notable names that didn't make the cut:

Sergio Garcia
Phil Mickelson
Luke Donald
Ernie Els
Charl Schwartzel
Graeme McDowell
Zach Johnson
Dustin Johnson
Ange Cabrera

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1nrlhfa6 said:
JSeahawks":1nrlhfa6 said:
No Tiger = no interest for me = I dont play or really care about golf.

Yup.
Quite the opposite for me. He hasn't been relevant for years.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind seeing Bubba win again. Although of late it seems closing a tournament has been rough for the leaders.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I watch it too. We have a tournament in Buhl Id that is this weekend. Been there for 3 times in the past 20 years. We call it amongst our selfs the idaho masters. I do watch the Masters too and a friend was at the practice round last year.

OP
OP
mbtitleist

mbtitleist

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2qmd4rro said:
CALIHAWK1":2qmd4rro said:
JSeahawks":2qmd4rro said:
No Tiger = no interest for me = I dont play or really care about golf.

Yup.
Quite the opposite for me. He hasn't been relevant for years.

Tiger may not be the player he was through the 2000's but I would hardly call somebody that won 5 of the 16 tournaments he entered last year non-relevant.

Tical21

Reaction score
I love watching Tiger play golf, but his absence doesn't take away all that much for me. Masters Sunday is my favorite day of the year, and it isn't close. The back nine of the Masters is the most drama you will ever find in sports. So pumped for tomorrow. Love to see Freddy get it going early. I've got Fowler in the KJR thing. I've actually nailed the last two Masters winners. Freddy and Jimenez are probably my favorite golfers. I could go on and on. Would love to see Spieth pull it out. The only thing that could happen tomorrow that I wouldn't be really excited about is if EVERYBODY takes a dump down the stretch.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
I'll never understand what it is about Tiger Woods that makes golf more watchable than anyone else. There are lots of great, entertaining golfers out there that aren't complete douche bags.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":3c6z00c1 said:
I'll never understand what it is about Tiger Woods that makes golf more watchable than anyone else. There are lots of great, entertaining golfers out there that aren't complete douche bags.

Because he was one of the greatest golfers of all time. And he made the game look young and exciting.

Lot of good young golfers, but none have the charisma or talent.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1nijqtrh said:
This. That he won 5 some-odd tournaments is irrelevant too, because the tournaments he won were mostly irrelevant as well. I just don't find him entertaining, and when he's playing the overage is all Tiger all the time = BORING.