Thanks nba, I hate you

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Nba playoffs. Game seven for OKC aka sonics. All the OKC fans have printed papers that say "my city, my team". Your city my team jerkoffs.
I hate the fact that I supported losing teams for YEARS and OKC has reaped all of the benefits. I just hope we get a team and OKC goes through an extended period of mediocrity and they get to see what we went through as fans. I hope they are a drain on the leauge.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Never let "it" go until we get our team back... But I've let OKC go. No association with the Sonics for me

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I hope they crash and burn. If not tonight, then in the next round. I hope they unload Westbrook in the offseason, their team is decimated piece by piece, and the Oklahomans desert them in droves.

Msfann

Reaction score
Not me! i curse that team forever!

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2tcwqpwg said:
I get where you are coming from, but oddly, I let it go the day after this year's Super Bowl.

I let Super Bowl XL go after the Hawks victory, but to me it's an apples and oranges comparison.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Blame the local government officials y'all voted in as well, they had as much as hand in it as the NBA did.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Throwdown":3v35rila said:
Blame the local government officials y'all voted in as well, they had as much as hand in it as the NBA did.

They did screw up but come on, as much of a hand in it? The deal OKC got wasn't the same. They don't have some fantastic arena or anything like that. I blame our government officals that they caved but basically it was "build me a $500 million arena or we are leaving". None of the Arena options were really fair deals. The major part of the blame I put on them was they didn't let the court decide and took a really shitty deal instead of letting us have our day in court.

Throwdown

Reaction score
bigtrain21":58mr7ull said:
Throwdown":58mr7ull said:

They did screw up come on, as much of a hand in it? The deal OKC got wasn't the same. They don't have some fantastic arena or anything like that. I blame our government officals that they caved but basically it was "build me a $500 million arena or we are leaving". None of the Arena options were really fair deals. The major part of the blame I put on them was they didn't let the court decide and took a really shitty deal instead of letting us have our day in court.

It would've been different had that not been insultive and unwilling to even try the first time around when Schultz and Stern came asking for a way to work things out to get a new arena.

I really would like to know why the trash ass Mariners who only been good like what once or twice their entire existence got Safeco Field forced down the tax payers throats when the tax payers said no, but when it came to the Sonics the only team at the time with a championship, they told them to go screw themselves.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
The Sonics got built an arena in 1994, before the Mariners and the Seahawks. It was a damn nice arena. The planning for it wasn't the best in that it couldn't have NHL (intentionally designed that way) but it was a nice arena so don't act like they took care of the Seahawks and Mariners but not the Sonics. The Sonics got taken care of first.

They definitely insulted Stern and Schultz but did the punishment fit the crime? I mean , holy shit, insult us and all offers from then on are unfair and force a city to lose the team they have supported for 40 years. We supported them well until the end too.

Throwdown

Reaction score
We got screwed, not denying that. I'm just saying the fans got screwed from more than one party. But if no one saw the writing on the wall when Schultz bitched out and sold to fat boy Bennett then they were way too optimistic. I was there in the arena that opening night, Kevin Durant's first ever game chanting "F Clay Bennett", but I knew the chances of changing the course of things were incredibly slim.

The NBA hit us with the okie doke, and the government officials who were suppose to have our back bitched out in the end after not even trying to remedy a clear problem.

We're gonna have to disagree about the KeyArena, that thing was outdated once we hit the 2000's. Side effects of doing a cheap renovation.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I do blame others, I said that. You said the government officials deserve equal blame and I don't think that is the case.

The arena that got built was a fantastic place to watch a game. I am not sure how you can dispute that. David Stern even said that in 1994 and then a half a decade later when it didn't fit their revenue model we suddenly "took care of the Seahawks and Mariners first".

I don't remember having any other options back when we renovated the Key so what exactly did we do wrong. If you say we insulted the NBA then they gave us the death penalty when they should have given us a slap on the wrist.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Throwdown":2b7ckpor said:
bigtrain21":2b7ckpor said:
Throwdown":2b7ckpor said:

They did screw up come on, as much of a hand in it? The deal OKC got wasn't the same. They don't have some fantastic arena or anything like that. I blame our government officals that they caved but basically it was "build me a $500 million arena or we are leaving". None of the Arena options were really fair deals. The major part of the blame I put on them was they didn't let the court decide and took a really shitty deal instead of letting us have our day in court.

It would've been different had that not been insultive and unwilling to even try the first time around when Schultz and Stern came asking for a way to work things out to get a new arena.

I really would like to know why the trash ass Mariners who only been good like what once or twice their entire existence got Safeco Field forced down the tax payers throats when the tax payers said no, but when it came to the Sonics the only team at the time with a championship, they told them to go screw themselves.
Well little Napoleon should have had a thicker skin instead of being an über butthurt douche bag! I agree with the local political dropping the ball as we have been round and round about that, but he NBA wasn't quite the innocent party you want them to be.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The local officials gave up too soon and didn't fight hard enough, but I don't blame them for not trying to screw the city over during the beginning of a recession.

Clay didn't want to build a new arena, he wanted to gtfo. I'm glad Schultz doesn't own this team and lost out on hundreds of millions of dollars of value. He deserves it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":21jmjb73 said:
Throwdown":21jmjb73 said:
bigtrain21":21jmjb73 said:
Throwdown":21jmjb73 said:

Well little Napoleon should have had a thicker skin instead of being an über butthurt douche bag! I agree with the local political dropping the ball as we have been round and round about that, but he NBA wasn't quite the innocent party you want them to be.

I'm not trying to say the nba is innocent at all, both sides were hard headed and stupid. In pretty sure stern facilitated the Bennett purchase after he got his feelings hurt.

I hate everyone involved that wasn't a player or fan.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Kennedyin92":2qhzus67 said:
Smelly McUgly":2qhzus67 said:
I get where you are coming from, but oddly, I let it go the day after this year's Super Bowl.

I let Super Bowl XL go after the Hawks victory, but to me it's an apples and oranges comparison.

I get that. For me, Lombardi >>> NBA Championship (and I have luckily always felt that way so I haven't had to convince myself). The Walking Dead can win five or six NBA Championships and I would trade those for one Lombardi.

Once the Seahawks won it all, I pretty much felt like I could let that whole thing go. If they had won BEFORE we got a championship here, though, I probably would have felt like the original poster does.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Winning the Super Bowl kind of makes this easier to accept the Sonics are gone..They were our 2nd pro team to win a title(first being the Metros NHL)I know there was more than 1 person to blame for the Sonics,I don't understand why the NBA in a recession expected to get an Emerald arena..I get that Key was past it's time but still it could have had a few more seasons until a package was put together...I'm sure Balmer or another $eattle guy would have paid up for the Sonics had they known it was going to end like it did..Instead it was a Stern buddy who does get them and on tape they both say it doesn't matter(arena) we are moving.. Thanks NBA -I hate you too...

Tical21

Reaction score
I threw up in my mouth when they announced the other night during the game that Russell Westbrook tied the franchise playoff record for assists.....tying Nate McMillan. That's just wrong.

As far as the blame game. Blame Schultz. Blame our local government, especially for letting them out a year early for 25 million or whatever it was. If they had to stay that second year, they would have become popular enough where we wouldn't have let them leave.

David Stern should have killed the whole thing. Once I found out he was in bed with Bennett, I knew they were long gone.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Tical21":1lg3f2lq said:
I threw up in my mouth when they announced the other night during the game that Russell Westbrook tied the franchise playoff record for assists.....tying Nate McMillan. That's just wrong.

That is royally F'ed up. There was a time I wouldn't miss a single (Sonics) game. This year, I've not watched a single qtr of the NBA and have no intention of doing so. Maybe ever. I've always preferred college ball and the theft of our team gave me just the nudge I needed to abandon the school yard play of the NBA, altogether. A-holes.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They left the name and colors in Seattle but took the records???So the Thunder have a title (1979) ..That pisses me off!
Durant and Westbrook were Sonics so I root for them to a point..Screw the NBA and Thunder...