Marquez!

HawkWow

Reaction score
What a man.

The only question now...who is it he's climbing over on the all time p4p list? Certainly Morales, probably Barrera and DLH, etc. Another win over Manny and he will be closing in on Julio territory,(imo).

Mike Alvarado? Dunno', bro. Perhaps time to consider another occupation. Mike threw half as many punches as he needed to throw against the master Marquez. His spacing was terrible and he lacked the heart that got him this far, giving JMM WAY too much respect and concerning himself WAY too much with the scar tissue around his eyes. Arturo Gatti was able to reinvent himself because of the same, but Mike isn't Gatti. Love the kid, but I'm afraid his wars with Rios (and the Russian) took too much out of him. At 33, he looked older than JMM last night, though Marquez was freaking me out, breathing from his mouth almost the entire fight.

Great performance by Juan. He did it all in there and showed a patience contrary to his past. He is really learning how to counter his age in the ring, now. Top 10 of my all time favorite fighters and a living legend. Gracias mi amigo for giving us a fight for fight fans tonight.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
What in the wide, wide world of sports.....?

The next time you hear someone emphatically exclaim "MMA killed boxing", hush them and say "No, it was I that killed boxing". Then go: "Muahahahahahahaha" < Like that.

I certainly hope your soccer playing descendants don't do the same to the NFL. ; )