$60 mil. High school football stadium.

pmedic920

Reaction score
In Allen Tx, can't/won't be used in its current condition.
Poor Construction causing problems.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/05/allen-h ... ol-stadium

7u2e7y2a.jpg

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
pmedic920":szi0m6uh said:
I've been around a few places, never seen folks take( even youth) football as serious as they do here in Tx.
For real, for real.
Oh, I think football is taken pretty seriously in more than a few other places around the country. Perhaps they don't put Texas size money into it, but folks are just as serious about their kids play.

Found some interesting data. I know it's not exactly what you're talking about with how folks "take" football (you might mean perhaps "too seriously" in some cases - and that Friday Night Tykes show might be exhibit A.) But, that sort of "passion" ;) comes out in full force in other places around the country. I'm sure Texas isn't the only state with crazed passion.

Anyway, check this out (and I realize it's a bit of a related side track to the OP. Still, it's interesting.) I assume everyone is familiar with the reference to "The Big 3" - Florida, California, Texas (and in no particular order.) While that's based somewhat on population numbers, the talent coming from those numbers is undeniably impressive and warrants being known for producing football players and one can safely assume, crazed backers of those recruits.
I might even resemble one of those parents. (Ah-em. :lol: ) Hey, it's football.

But, look at this "per capita" breakdown of which states are producing the most recruits. Per Capita, Samoa is #1 hands down. (Not a state, I know.) http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9 ... ia-florida In the U.S. per capita 2008-2013, Louisiana is # 1. Interestingly, the next 3 does not include their neighboring state to the west. It's 2) Alabama 3) Florida 4) Georgia.

Yeah, everyone knows Texas is serious about football, but it's not in the overall / per capita top 7. Surprisingly to me, Texas comes in at # 8. California? # 17. And notice where the top 4 are geographically in the U.S. The Southeast. Does anyone really wonder if folks are as serious about football in any of those top 4 states in this region?

So, looking at the commonly known "Big 3" as well as the per capita numbers... which state might one conclude to be "most serious" about football? Florida is top 3 in both. :Dunno: Tough to argue with that. Yeah, it's taken pretty seriously here. I've got the mileage on my vehicles from taking my boys to all the year-round training to prove it. I've spent many full summer days out in the hot Florida sun watching, coaching, etc. youth football. I can't believe more players don't drop. Even coaches sometimes do. We have to take hydration seriously - and we do this all year because of serious love of the game. Kids have to love it, otherwise they wouldn't want to go back to practices the following week after game 1. It's seriously for real. ;) lol.

McG

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":38j5nndn said:
pmedic920":38j5nndn said:
I've been around a few places, never seen folks take( even youth) football as serious as they do here in Tx.
For real, for real.
Oh, I think football is taken pretty seriously in more than a few other places around the country. Perhaps they don't put Texas size money into it, but folks are just as serious about their kids play.

Found some interesting data. I know it's not exactly what you're talking about with how folks "take" football (you might mean perhaps "too seriously" in some cases - and that Friday Night Tykes show might be exhibit A.) But, that sort of "passion" ;) comes out in full force in other places around the country. I'm sure Texas isn't the only state with crazed passion.

Anyway, check this out (and I realize it's a bit of a related side track to the OP. Still, it's interesting.) I assume everyone is familiar with the reference to "The Big 3" - Florida, California, Texas (and in no particular order.) While that's based somewhat on population numbers, the talent coming from those numbers is undeniably impressive and warrants being known for producing football players and one can safely assume, crazed backers of those recruits.

But, look at this "per capita" breakdown of which states are producing the most recruits. Per Capita, Samoa is #1 hands down. (Not a state, I know.) http://www.footballstudyhall.com/2013/9 ... ia-florida In the U.S. per capita 2008-2013, Louisiana is # 1. Interestingly, the next 3 does not include their neighboring state to the west. It's 2) Alabama 3) Florida 4) Georgia.

Yeah, everyone knows Texas is serious about football, but it's not in the overall / per capita top 7. Surprisingly to me, Texas comes in at # 8. California? # 17. And notice where the top 4 are geographically in the U.S. The Southeast. Does anyone really wonder if folks are as serious about football in any of those top 4 states in this region?

So, looking at the commonly known "Big 3" as well as the per capita numbers... which state might one conclude to be "most serious" about football? Florida is top 3 in both. :Dunno: Tough to argue with that. Yeah, it's taken pretty seriously here. I've got the mileage on my vehicles from taking my boys to all the year-round training to prove it. I've spent many full summer days out in the hot Florida sun watching, coaching, etc. youth football. I can't believe more players don't drop. Even coaches sometimes do. We have to take hydration seriously - and we do this all year because of serious love of the game. Kids have to love it, otherwise they wouldn't want to go back to practices the following week after game 1. It's seriously for real. ;) lol.

Have you ever driven through Texas, spent time in Texas, or see a map? All of those states, per capita could probably fit in Texas. That place is way too big to give a per capita stat. Texas HS football is what it is, crazy and there are as many talented kids in that state as there are in like 4 others.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
McG":2scv7ixq said:
TeamoftheCentury":2scv7ixq said:
pmedic920":2scv7ixq said:
For real, for real.

Have you ever driven through Texas, spent time in Texas, or see a map? All of those states, per capita could probably fit in Texas. That place is way too big to give a per capita stat. Texas HS football is what it is, crazy and there are as many talented kids in that state as there are in like 4 others.

Say bro. I'm not suggesting other places don't go crazy for football.
Just saying it's way crazy in Texas.
I'm not a Texan I just live in Texas. The point of the OP is these folks in Allen Tx. spent 60 million bucks on a High school stadium and it can't be used due to construction or design flaws.