California Chrome

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
This horse that has won 2 of the triple crown races has an interesting story. Larry Williams is the owner of the stud that bred that horse. He has a higher classed home for the ponies in California, but also has a very nice one in Idaho outside of Parma. The stable ranch is called Treetop Ranches. After Chrome was born, the horse spent a couple of years here in Idaho growing up. Now here is an interesting kicker to it, The property that Larry Williams owns now used to belong to a football player. Before he had family personal issues, Jerry Kramer used to own that property and house. I have golfed with him once or twice at the golf course I worked on. Twas years ago tho. THought it was interesting and worthy to pass along. Good Luck Chrome.

Largent80

Reaction score
The horses connections are a great story. As usual there will be a group of fresh runners gunning for him in the mile and a half Belmont (the graveyard of Triple Crown Hopefuls).

I remember when Funny Cide went there and Bobby Frankel had Empire Maker cranked up with Jerry Bailey up. Track came up sloppy and 'Cide lost.

The sport could use a Triple Crown winner, and I am really on the Chrome bandwagon.