Will Steve Ballmer move the LA Clippers to Seattle?

Will Steve Ballmer move the LA Clippers to Seattle?

• Yes

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • No

Votes: 67 91.8%

• Total voters

Throwdown

Reaction score
Aaron Hernandez has a better chances of getting out of jail than we do of the Clippers coming here.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
The deal was continent on him keeping the team in LA

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
@byandreachang · 5m
Sterling's lawyer repeatedly said, "There's been no sale. There's been no sale. There can be no sale without Donald's signature."

@byandreachang · 36m
Sterling's lawyer just told me, in Sterling's driveway, "My belief is he will not sell this team."

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3h55xpsl said:
@byandreachang · 5m
Sterling's lawyer repeatedly said, "There's been no sale. There's been no sale. There can be no sale without Donald's signature."

@byandreachang · 36m
Sterling's lawyer just told me, in Sterling's driveway, "My belief is he will not sell this team."

Go Sterling Go! Seattle is with you ! (thanks alot Steve)

Throwdown

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":c9wdstdu said:
Hawkfan77":c9wdstdu said:
@byandreachang · 5m

@byandreachang · 36m

Go Sterling Go! Seattle is with you ! (thanks alot Steve)

What the hell is wrong with you, we aren't with him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Ballmer tried to get a team here..He can't move the Clips so I'm not wasting any more of my energy getting mad at something the NBA created in the first place..He must know full well that the stupid NBA doesn't want Seattle no matter what ..This will be my last post about present day NBA until there is a team here..Not that I really care but I want Hockey so it's tied into that somehow ..Screw the NBA and all the greedy (cussing) involved..No team is worth over a billion!

Throwdown

Reaction score
Sterling obviously isn't fighting nothing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 3,975

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Moving the Clippers to Seattle would be a stupid business move, just as moving the Sonics to okiedokeville was a stupid move!

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1uxr9ekz said:
Moving the Clippers to Seattle would be a stupid business move, just as moving the Sonics to okiedokeville was a stupid move!
I keep reading this, but I don't really get it.

LA still has a team, the NBA wouldn't lose the LA market. In fact they'd gain the 13th largest media market in Seattle by moving the team. IMO doesn't it make more sense to move the Clippers to Seattle than the Kings or Bucks? Right? Or am I going about this completely wrong?

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":15angqba said:
Sports Hernia":15angqba said:

LA still has a team, the NBA wouldn't lose the LA market. In fact they'd gain the 13th largest media market in Seattle by moving the team. IMO doesn't it make more sense to move the Clippers to Seattle than the Kings or Bucks? Right? Or am I going about this completely wrong?

LA is a fair weather fan base (example 1: Lakers this year). having two teams there, like new york, helps guarantee a competitive team in the 2 most valuable markets.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":2k0tb34o said:
Hawkfan77":2k0tb34o said:
Sports Hernia":2k0tb34o said:

LA is a fair weather fan base (example 1: Lakers this year). having two teams there, like new york, helps guarantee a competitive team in the 2 most valuable markets.
Gotcha, thanks

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
As for the original question - no. You don't pay $2 billion dollars to move the team to Seattle. I'm sorry.. but the TV deal the Clips will get now, with better ownership and marketable players, dwarfs anything Ballmer could get up here. Then there is the whole Los Angeles element in itself.. teams in LA and NY don't come up for sale very often. Doesn't matter if you're talking the Clippers or Mets.. they just dont come up often.

duckypoo

Reaction score
I can't get over two billion dollars for an NBA franchise. Jerry Jones just wet himself, his wife, and his son.

Throwdown

Reaction score
The Browns went for a billy, same did the Dodgers, that the value of these pro sports teams with these tv contracts.

drdiags

Reaction score
You don't buy for $2B and move to Seattle, which some speculate cuts the value of the team in half. But the Clippers do not have the TV contract that the Lakers have ($150M/yr) nor do they have much on the current stadium deal if you believe ESPN's Darren Revelle (sp?).

I don't understand these shared stadium/arena configurations the NY and LA markets have. I guess it guarantees roughly double the dates the facilities would normally have, making it good for the local economies, but not sure how the Clippers ended up sucking hind tit on their stadium deal. Probably because Sterling wanted out of San Diego and into the LA market and was willing to sing bargain deals just to get established?

tom sawyer

Reaction score
There is a better chance that the Lakers will be purchased and moved to Seattle (which won't happen either) because the Clips have a better future outlook than the Lakers.