Stanley Cup Finals

Largent80

Reaction score
The friggin Kings are game 7 masters and did it on the road.

I gotta say, they look like winners to me.

seahawksfan28

Reaction score
A bummer series for me personally. As a Canucks fan, seeing AV back so quickly really irks me. On the other hand I cannot stand Dustin Brown and the Kings.

That said... Kings in 6.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
As a kings fan this may just be the best sports year of my life.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Im a Ranger fan so I will represent the dissenting few on this board.

that said, and in no means to curb my excitement over being in the finals for the first time since Messier, the Kings are a very good side. We (and by that I mean Lundvqist) will have to do everything humanly (and possibly some super human) possible to get this series to 7 games

m0ng0

Reaction score
I am an Avalanche fan so i could give a damn about who wins, I just want to see some good hockey, And I hope other people see it, because it truly is the best of sports :D

FearTheBeak

Reaction score
This series has the makings of a classic. LA vs. NY, east coast vs. west coast, and arguably the two best goaltenders in the league. As a Kings fan from the dark early years of the purple and gold, I'm going with Kings in 7.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Wow, what a great game 1. Rangers are fast, but in the end the Kings got it done. Excellent.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":240thxvz said:
Wow, what a great game 1. Rangers are fast, but in the end the Kings got it done. Excellent.

real bummer...and a great game. i know its hockey (and not basketball) but I felt the Rangers NEEDED that game 1, especially after the way they started.

Need to rebound and snatch game 2 or this series could spiral downward quickly.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":17pyn8q3 said:
That goal by Doughty was sick.

as nice as the failed zone clearance in OT was bad... so "un-Ranger" like.

six sigma

Reaction score
Well, if Philly is going to be out of it at least I can watch a bunch of guys who used to Flyers.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":3qmk75du said:
Well, the Kings allowed a breakaway short hander.

two really... I think the Rangers first goal was short handed, and then the missed breakaway at the end of regulation (what a flurry that was... Kings had like 4 great chances, and then suddenly the Rangers are speeding in alone, then its right back in the Rangers zone for two more great chances).

Game 2 may decide whether the Rangers are in this thing or not. Hyperbolic considering their path to the Finals, but the Kings are not the Flyers or Penguins (not just geographically speaking either)

byau

Reaction score
I live in LA, and this is still a Lakers and Dodgers town. I see very few Kings jerseys around anywhere, even two years ago when they won the cup.

I would almost root against the Kings because Los Angeles doesn't deserve the championship, but if the Kings lost, doesn't seem that people around here would notice anyway

Since one of my good friends is a Kings fan. ..

GO KINGS!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":2xehak0f said:
Question now is, will the Kings sweep them?

I believe they will...

the Rangers destroyed that first period, threw everything they could at it, and came away down 1-0 (on a ridiculously late tally).

just cant see them mustering the energy to hang with them for another game.