Another year of Mariners Pain

Rainger

Reaction score
Every year I get MLB TV so I can watch my Mariners. (only way to see them in Canada). Been a fan since 1977. Every year they kill me. (BTW the only years they were ever any good in the 90s I was in Australia and didn't get to enjoy it)

So again tonight after they killed Felix for the 6th time this year with no run support so that he does not get the win or decision, I get to the point where all I want to do is PUKE.

I try sooo hard to support the team and to make excuses. But when the worst hitting team in the American league loses to a worst hitting team in the National league and when the bastards again rip out the heart of Felix with another crappy performance I get soooo despondent.

I want them to win. I am hoping they will win, but I am done I cant go through another night like this watching them make mediocre pitchers look like Cy Young while they give no support to Felix or Kuma.

Please: FOOTBALL you can not get here fast enough.

Sorry all you guys who can continue this constant killing of your heart and soul but I can not. DONE!!!

I am sure there is some jerk out there to hang onto this thread to shove in my face if they make the playoffs, and I hope they do but they give far tooo much pain getting there.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
rainger":3bmt43a0 said:
Every year I get MLB TV so I can watch my Mariners. (only way to see them in Canada). Been a fan since 1977. Every year they kill me. (BTW the only years they were ever any good in the 90s I was in Australia and didn't get to enjoy it)

So again tonight after they killed Felix for the 6th time this year with no run support so that he does not get the win or decision, I get to the point where all I want to do is PUKE.

I try sooo hard to support the team and to make excuses. But when the worst hitting team in the American league loses to a worst hitting team in the National league and when the bastards again rip out the heart of Felix with another crappy performance I get soooo despondent.

I want them to win. I am hoping they will win, but I am done I cant go through another night like this watching them make mediocre pitchers look like Cy Young while they give no support to Felix or Kuma.

Sorry all you guys who can continue this constant killing of your heart and soul but I can not. DONE!!!

I am sure there is some jerk out there to hang onto this thread to shove in my face if they make the playoffs, and I hope they do but they give far tooo much pain getting there.

There is already a thread for the Mariners; you do not deserve your own.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":32z59hx9 said:
rainger":32z59hx9 said:

There is already a thread for the Mariners; you do not deserve your own.
I understand the fustration believe me but I have felt the same at times with the Hawks and many times with the Sonics both have a title ..It will happen one day ..You have came this far- why quit now...I do agree however that this thread should be in the other Mariner thread..

m0ng0

Reaction score
The best hitting team in baseball got no hit last night, sh*t happens :roll:

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Oh I wont quit. That post was after 6 beer and a bottle wine. But I am not going watch as much.

My pain was a bout pain the mariners give me. Is there a law that everything that is said about the Mariners has to be jumbled into 1 thread?

If so that is idiotic the Mariners are too big a subject for every comment to have to be in there. Now it there was another thread that wanted to bitch about the pain the Mariners was giving I would agree.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
rainger":1tblc160 said:
Oh I wont quit. That post was after 6 beer and a bottle wine. But I am not going watch as much.

My pain was a bout pain the mariners give me. Is there a law that everything that is said about the Mariners has to be jumbled into 1 thread?

If so that is idiotic the Mariners are too big a subject for every comment to have to be in there. Now it there was another thread that wanted to bitch about the pain the Mariners was giving I would agree.

There are plenty of people that like to cry and whine like you in the Mariners thread so, yes, post this sniveling drivel in there.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":3r61a5gn said:
rainger":3r61a5gn said:

There are plenty of people that like to cry and whine like you in the Mariners thread so, yes, post this sniveling drivel in there.
Really? Unfreakinbelievable.

As for your feelings on the team OP, I get it. I'm actually enjoying them being around .500 this year which is a definite improvement over what we've seen recently, but it sure would be nice if some day they actually give Felix some run support.

Largent80

Reaction score
Ironically, probably the best Mariner team was the one that the strike killed. They were on fire, making up a whole game almost every day in 94-95, then the strike came and even though they did damage, it wasn't as good as it could have been.

M's are the Cubs west.

BTW, soccer sucks, even the world cup can't make it watchable.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Largent80":715yt41u said:
Ironically, probably the best Mariner team was the one that the strike killed. They were on fire, making up a whole game almost every day in 94-95, then the strike came and even though they did damage, it wasn't as good as it could have been.

M's are the Cubs west.

BTW, soccer sucks, even the world cup can't make it watchable.

kind of how i feel about boxing, NASCAR and horse racing.. except they suck even with big events.

jdblack

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1npruqbt said:
I understand the fustration believe me but I have felt the same at times with the Hawks and many times with the Sonics both have a title ..It will happen one day ..You have came this far- why quit now...I do agree however that this thread should be in the other Mariner thread..

Incorrect, the Mariners have a tiny chance at winning relative to the other sports. The draft and salary caps simply aren't setup the same way in baseball. MLB baseball will get my interest again when it becomes more based on skill and less on pocket size. It is a horrible league as-is if you aren't one of the big market teams.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
This team even drives me more in pain. They screw Felix 6 times. They lose games they should never lose. They are jekel and hyde. Then they go and beat KC 3 times in KC. (most likely cause I was busy and not watching).

This is like a Bad Bad marriage.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
rainger":q3xej6ml said:
This team even drives me more in pain. They screw Felix 6 times. They lose games they should never lose. They are jekel and hyde. Then they go and beat KC 3 times in KC. (most likely cause I was busy and not watching).

This is like a Bad Bad marriage.

No...this is a slight above average team

You know when Felix pitches he's going against the other teams best pitcher typically as well.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jdblack":2iivxrdo said:
IndyHawk":2iivxrdo said:

Incorrect, the Mariners have a tiny chance at winning relative to the other sports. The draft and salary caps simply aren't setup the same way in baseball. MLB baseball will get my interest again when it becomes more based on skill and less on pocket size. It is a horrible league as-is if you aren't one of the big market teams.
The NBA is worse. Outside of San Antonio, big market teams have won most the championships in the last 35 or so years (Celtics, Pistons, Lakers and Bulls account for the majority off the top of my head). MLB has a better record of smaller market teams winning. But yeah, until baseball has equal revenue sharing, the Yanks and Dodgers and Angels and etc. will always have a huge advantage because their local broadcasting rights fees are much, much higher than the Seattles and Kansas Citys of the world.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":34m1dua7 said:
jdblack":34m1dua7 said:
IndyHawk":34m1dua7 said:

The NBA is worse. Outside of San Antonio, big market teams have won most the championships in the last 35 or so years (Celtics, Pistons, Lakers and Bulls account for the majority off the top of my head). MLB has a better record of smaller market teams winning. But yeah, until baseball has equal revenue sharing, the Yanks and Dodgers and Angels and etc. will always have a huge advantage because their local broadcasting rights fees are much, much higher than the Seattles and Kansas Citys of the world.
The Rays..Much smaller than the Mariners have gone and almost won..It will happen for us one day..We had great chances before and the Indians just had our number..

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1giwqjle said:
hawksfansinceday1":1giwqjle said:
jdblack":1giwqjle said:
IndyHawk":1giwqjle said:

The Rays..Much smaller than the Mariners have gone and almost won..It will happen for us one day..We had great chances before and the Indians just had our number..
Oh yeah, I agree. My point is that over the long haul the big market teams have a huge advantage. Still better than the NBA though.