Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2014 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss any and all other sports-related topics. From the College Sports, Fantasy Sports, Archery to Water Polo and everything in between. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:51 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Twitter... has to be true

    this has nothing to do with anything but reading an article on Ferguson and an activist group claims that 56% of information given over Fox is in fact incorrect, 45% for NBC, CNN, etc. that's the real news. Found that shocking

    anyways, Marco Rojo is a nice player. but United suck. just deal with it.



    Twitter is where I get the majority of my news (Soccer world/real world). Cause I am a Youth.

    Man United are 20 time league champions and have won the title within the last 24 years. That includes the 13 since Liverpool last won it (which is over 50%).


    You just go on continuing to deal with THAT.


    #ShotsFired #Banter
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:58 am
  • Swansea....
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:02 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Swansea....



    Image
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:09 pm
  • 2-1


    why you shouldnt trust twitter (youth doesnt equal naivete)

    Rafael Hernández (@RafaelH117)
    8/18/14, 5:48 PM
    Rumours that Van Gaal is having problems with Woodward regarding the necessary signings. The Dutchman is the kind that won't tolerate it.




    Rafael Hernández (@RafaelH117)
    8/18/14, 5:49 PM
    That means there's a possibility Manchester United could lose Louis Van Gaal due to Woodward's ineptness.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:15 pm
  • 20-18.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:17 pm
  • Smurf wrote:20-18.


    5-3... you can count it up anyway you want

    you just played one of two of your European fixtures this season.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:18 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:20-18.


    5-3... you can count it up anyway you want

    you just played one of two of your European fixtures this season.



    11-7

    Hey, Wales isn't that bad of a place.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:21 pm
  • Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:20-18.


    5-3... you can count it up anyway you want

    you just played one of two of your European fixtures this season.



    11-7

    Hey, Wales isn't that bad of a place.



    the Swans are saying the same thing about Old Trafford at the moment
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:23 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:20-18.


    5-3... you can count it up anyway you want

    you just played one of two of your European fixtures this season.



    11-7

    Hey, Wales isn't that bad of a place.



    the Swans are saying the same thing about Old Trafford at the moment



    Theatre of Dreams....Sometimes just not United's.



    Also...that goal by Chelsea just now...DAMN..


    Arsenal fans kicking themselves...
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:49 pm
  • Smurf wrote:https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/F120EF08AB1113233931915980800_2ef6b59a2df.2.1.16050650712601101135.mp4?versionId=HBTZNraWYO.7K8jN4SpcXSpXEnmobVMt


    cute pass that... but you could drive a plane through that gap in the Burnley D...

    Hazards effort up to it was the highlight. have a feeling he's going to be unstoppable this season
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:01 am

Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:37 pm
  • Judging by QPR's latest activity, I would say that Remy is leaving the club. Despite the Vargas deal being only a loan, I expect they are contributing towards his wages. That, combined with the other permanent arrivals, makes me think Remy is being sold due to QPR's awful FFP standing
    MB12
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 493
    Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:54 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 pm
  • Newcastle still need a centre-back who is an upgrade over the liability that is Steven Taylor. In fact, Colo is looking awful too recently (see Silva's goal against us). Micah Richards has been linked, and he could definitely slot in at centre-back, but I would prefer a player who is better postionally than Micah, and one who shows greater football intelligence. (Sorry Micah!) Lescott would have been a great signing for us... I am pretty sure Ashley has done all of his business in this window--and for the season--barring any key departures. The Colo replacement will come next season, where we shall see if MYM is ready to take the step into the starting line up...
    MB12
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 493
    Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:54 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:45 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Leroy Fer and Eduardo Vargas are apparently taking physicals for QPR.

    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2014 ... ls-at-qpr/


    I like both of these signings for QPR. Vargas is a nippy little player, who often plays off a striker. He should do well in the Prem, but his strength may be an issue.

    Fer is a solid box to box midfielder who possesses great technical ability--he is a Dutchman after all!
    MB12
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 493
    Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:54 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:41 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Ballotelli to Liverpool gaining some traction. Italian Media reports Liverpool are lining up a potential 17.5 mil bid. Supposedly, Liverpool want a loan deal with option to buy, and Milan are agreeable to that kind of deal.

    He's another headcase, but he knows how to score and is a nightmare for defenses. At least he's not bit anyone....



    Balo or Bony? which would you prefer (open to anyone really)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:17 am
  • Apparently, Liverpool wanna make a move for Falcao. Liverpool board prepares an offer for 15M loan with 50M buying option. Here is the link, but that's in French:

    http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mona ... 29215.html
    Last edited by Nog on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:32 am
  • Nog wrote:Apparently, Liverpool wanna make a move for Falcao. Liverpool board prepares an offer for 15M loan next year with 50M buying option. Here is the link, but that's in French:

    http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/mona ... 29215.html



    its been something of a hot rumour for awhile now, but i'm hoping it to be true... definately mroeso than the Balotelli rumour.

    Would still love Lacazette... i'm wondering though if Liverpool are hesitant to go all in on a long term striker (as Lacazette and even Balo would be) due to Origi...

    either way, we are going to the Etihad with a thin striking force.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:07 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:its been something of a hot rumour for awhile now, but i'm hoping it to be true... definately mroeso than the Balotelli rumour.

    Would still love Lacazette... i'm wondering though if Liverpool are hesitant to go all in on a long term striker (as Lacazette and even Balo would be) due to Origi...

    either way, we are going to the Etihad with a thin striking force.

    Falcao would be hard to transfer. Not sure he is willing to play in PL... He is waiting for Real Madrid to give him a sign.

    Concerning Lacazette, I haven't read any reports about Liverpool's interest, but I'm with you; that's definitely a good idea!
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:48 pm
  • Rumor is Ronaldo and Ramos are begging management not to sell Di Maria. Man United rumored to be top suitor.


    United also rumored to be in for Cuadrado
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:19 pm
  • Di Maria is a top notch player. Same level as Ronaldo IMO. I get why Ronaldo and Ramos don't want him to leave.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:02 pm
  • It's possible to get around FFP. Actually, teams like United make a ton of money, and the FFP is up to income and outcome. Real Madrid is in the same situation. Teams like Doha Saint-Germain don't have enough income because money come from their owners.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:17 am
  • Balo is really happening...

    Wow..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:54 am
  • I think it was one or the other (but I'm persistently wrong on this stuff so who knows)

    I don't know how to feel about this. In one sense: its Mario f---ing Balotelli!!

    In the other its: F---ing Mario Balotelli?

    I imagine we get a bit if both. But...gives us cover for Studge and a very good striker combo in a 4 diamond 2.

    Exciting! Speculative? Could be up there with Chelsea and City....could be a s--- show

    I'm in
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:30 am
  • $26 million for super Mario is a friggin steal. Good job Liverpool.

    Also hearing Di Maria wants out of Real Madrid and rejected a new contract.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:15 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Another benefit to signing Super Mario is that he'll wind up the Mancs to no end. Love it!

    Deal seems done, btw. Balo announced to Sky Italia that today is his last day as a Milan player, and he's going to play for Liverpool. 20 million Euros, about 16 million quid. Absolute bargain. He's going to terrorize defenses along with Studge, Sterling and Coutinho, and when Lallana and Marko get back....look out. Moreno too. My head is spinning. Is this real life?


    Truly shocked by this window... BR and Ayre have done their business.

    If the players come good we are in for a fantastic few years. (Balo's only 24!)

    Big match on Monday. Its only Matchday 2 but an early season clash of two top 4 (title?) challengers?

    Love to see:

    Manquillo Lovren Skrtel Moreno
    Gerrard
    Henderson Coutinho
    Sterling Sturridge Lazar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:17 am

Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:20 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Fee agreed! If the paperwork gets done in time, he could play on Monday night! Happy days!!!!



    get in!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYwTKQX1VnI

    lets put this bit of business in perspective..

    £40m = Sturridge, Sterling, Coutinho and Ballotelli
    £42m = Ozil
    £43m = Fellaini + Zaha
    £50m = Torres
    £56m = Soldado + Lamela


    Liverpool will pay Balotelli £90,000 a week.
    Man United paying Nani £120,000 a week...to play for Sporting Lisbon
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:28 am
  • United appears to be interested in Alex Song.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:20 am
  • @mephobia8 ·
    Liverpool has also made enquiry for Insigne from Napoli on Monday. Clubs are negotiating. Player wants to move as well.

    @mephobia8 ·
    Benitez wants Lucas and Agger. Insigne is unsettled at Napoli at the moment, Napoli and Liverpool are discussing swap + fee for Insigne.

    steady now....
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:32 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:@mephobia8 ·
    Liverpool has also made enquiry for Insigne from Napoli on Monday. Clubs are negotiating. Player wants to move as well.

    @mephobia8 ·
    Benitez wants Lucas and Agger. Insigne is unsettled at Napoli at the moment, Napoli and Liverpool are discussing swap + fee for Insigne.

    steady now....


    What's the skinny on Insigne? I've not heard of him. Admittedly, I don't pay much attention to Italian footy these days.



    he's the Italian Messi... but ofcourse Joe Allen is the Welsh Xavi

    he's a Suarez/Alexis/Shaqiri/Raheem type player... can pick the ball up anywhere in an advanced position. attacks with the dribble, smallish in nature but very explosive...

    only 23.. Not at the quality of the players I compared him (maybe close to Sterling, without the year of experience) but he'd round the team out for the next few years.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:42 pm
  • Smurf wrote:United appears to be interested in Alex Song.

    That's laughable!
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:47 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Smurf wrote:$26 million for super Mario is a friggin steal. Good job Liverpool.

    Also hearing Di Maria wants out of Real Madrid and rejected a new contract.


    Heard the same about Di Maria. Still reckon he goes to PSG tho. If United manage to get him, it would be a great get, but it'll cost them an assload of money, and there's always that risk that he won't fit with the team or won't fit in the PL. That, and I just don't think he's the type of player United really need that desperately now. The need to solidify that back line, and get some presence in the middle of the park. Just feels like a 'keep the fans happy' signing to me.

    No he is not going to Doha Saint-Germain. The qatari team is tie-up by FFP because of David Luiz's transfert :lol: And their fellow president announced that he gave up on Di Maria.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:59 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:he's the Italian Messi...

    Hum I can smell quite of exaggeration right here my friend. I like Insigne a lot, but he has nothing comparable to Messi. I watched some of his games, and I feel like he is more likely a second striker.

    Messi is more likely a hybrid player who plays different position: either attacking midfielder or false ten.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:21 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:LOL, I guess the hyperbole didn't translate, mon petit amis :)

    From what I can gather, this lad is a pacey winger very much in the Sterling mold. Would be a good addition to the squad

    Definitely! He is a valuable player no doubt about it.

    As for Di Maria, I did read that Blanc has basically said it won't happen for him to go to PSG. Should leave the door open for United, but then I read on two other sites that United aren't even in the running - haven't inquired and haven't made any bids. This past couple of years for United have been nothing short of shambolic when it comes to transfers. What was the story last season where supposedly three imposters went to sign a player and the whole thing was revealed as a hoax? Seriously embarrassing. Then they've moved to deny reports that Reus and Muller turned them down, stating that United never bid for them - which begs the question, why weren't United bidding for them? Nothing about Man United's dealings makes any sense whatsoever. In the past year they've paid over the odds for Fellaini, Mata, Shaw and Herrerra, and the squad is no better than it was last year. Crazy.

    I know how embarrassing is United situation. Although they have been deceptive these past years I feel like they would make this happen for several reasons.

    Well, Di Maria really want to leave (according to recent reports). As far as I know, United is the only team remained in the sweepstakes. I guess he is heading to Manchester... Unless, a third parties have approached him?? Or simply, he will finally stay in Madrid?
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:29 pm
  • Jesus christ United need to sign some players. Like, I've been waiting. I'm not looking for the bandaid fix. I'm looking for players that will improve the club long term. I don't care if you have to buy 15 more Luke Shaw's...That's the type of signing right now. I don't care if we win next season. I want to be set up for the future. Youth is needed.


    That being said. I want Di Maria. I want Vidal. I want Song. I want Blind.

    IMO, those are a few of the right players to bring in.


    and Peaches, I know you're down on Herrera...but He'll come good. He'll be worth it. Give him a little time.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:41 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Jesus christ United need to sign some players. Like, I've been waiting. I'm not looking for the bandaid fix. I'm looking for players that will improve the club long term. I don't care if you have to buy 15 more Luke Shaw's...That's the type of signing right now. I don't care if we win next season. I want to be set up for the future. Youth is needed.


    That being said. I want Di Maria. I want Vidal. I want Song. I want Blind.

    IMO, those are a few of the right players to bring in.


    and Peaches, I know you're down on Herrera...but He'll come good. He'll be worth it. Give him a little time.

    :shock:

    You want Song???? I wouldn't really pump up if I were Liverpool supports concerning Balotelli, but in this case... Well, I don't know what to say!
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:45 pm
  • Nog wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:he's the Italian Messi...

    Hum I can smell quite of exaggeration right here my friend. I like Insigne a lot, but he has nothing comparable to Messi. I watched some of his games, and I feel like he is more likely a second striker.

    Messi is more likely a hybrid player who plays different position: either attacking midfielder or false ten.


    Ive an idea what Mess is...and what Insigne isnt. Just some fun with peaches..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:14 pm
  • Who wouldn't want Song? He's a decent ball winning center mid. Sign him up.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:27 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Who wouldn't want Song? He's a decent ball winning center mid. Sign him up.

    What does Herrera do?

    Its like saying "why not sign petr cech?"
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:58 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Alex Song is exactly what United need. A rottweiler in the middle of the park. A guy that can win tackles, break up opposing attack moves, dictate pace, hold the ball up and pass the ball well. As I said though, there's just no way he goes to a team that's not in the CL.

    Si, Herrera doesn't look like much to me. For 30 mil, you'd expect a bit more, IMO.


    I agree on both players. But Herrera was purchased to what you describe Song doing.

    United aren't City...and I don't think many United fans have grasped the gravity of their situation. Without CL footie they need to get their decisions right or it could be a spiral.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:15 pm
  • Need Song to split time with Herrera. Neither player can play every match and there isn't a suitable replacement at CDM.

    Need both to compete.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:13 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Need Song to split time with Herrera. Neither player can play every match and there isn't a suitable replacement at CDM.

    Need both to compete.


    Fellaini....


    This is the hole you're in
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:44 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Need Song to split time with Herrera. Neither player can play every match and there isn't a suitable replacement at CDM.

    Need both to compete.


    Fellaini....


    This is the hole you're in



    Fellaini needs to be sold. Poor buy in the first place.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:16 am
  • Alex Song is just an overrated player. Nothing less nothing more. The fact he did play for Barcelona doesn't mean much.

    He is a total garbage. Just watch his games with his national team.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:34 am
  • Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Need Song to split time with Herrera. Neither player can play every match and there isn't a suitable replacement at CDM.

    Need both to compete.


    Fellaini....


    This is the hole you're in



    Fellaini needs to be sold. Poor buy in the first place.


    Right, so you have to sell bad players (make a list... trust me its fun... like root canals are fun). then make a list of older players on massive wages (like changing a tire a snow storm) and finally find clubs willing to take these players on (sifting through match.com's "Bigger ladies" section for a Friday night).

    then.. then...try and convince CL level players that your club is worth playing for despite not being in the competition.

    and pretend simply that your owners have not turned the financials at your favorite club to something from an 8th grade accounting class... or simply taken the money to fund a mediocre football team

    Suarez and Rodgers saved Liverpool... saved us from losing Torres. Saved us from Downing, Carrol, Adam, flipping Roy Hodgson, Hicks/Gillette, etc.

    Who is saving United? Serious question.. LvG? Rooney? RvP? its a thin list, no?

    Not trying to wind you up. I mean its not impossible. United has class players. but more is needed, and thats tough when Nani is still on your books, Fellaini is still on your squad, your midfield lost out to Jonjho f--ing red card 20 minutes into a match at old trafford after i woke up at 530 am, drove to the bar, paid for parking, bought a Surly and just got setted Shelvey (a--hole still owes me for the parking) and your best goal scorers are prepping a golf outing to celebrate their 30th
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:12 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:According to Sky Sports News this morning, Louis Van Beavis says he's not interested in signing Di Maria, as he feels it will stunt the growth and development of Adnan Januzaj. Probably pretty smart for a lot of reasons, but most of all this makes more financial sense for United going forward. If they accept no CL football for the next couple of seasons and look to build through youth prospects and sign promising youngsters from other teams, then they'll reach a point where they can make a couple of moves for big names, and you don't want to already have a ton of cash sunk into one player on ridiculous wages prohibiting you from either rewarding and keeping your young talent, or from signing the players to put you over the top.

    Hummmmm

    Di Maria is heading to United my friend. He is not on Real roster for the SuperCup. According to Spanish reports, Madrid is finalizing the deal with United.
    Nog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 229
    Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:26 pm
    Location: Paris


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:53 am
  • Just so we are clear on the media (and more importantly, the "Spanish" media)

    ESPNFC's Transfer Talk "Top Pick" this morning:

    Barcelona are going to make a sensational move to sign Real Madrid wantaway Angel Di Maria. Sport claim Florentino Perez will not enter negotiations with Barca but the Catalan giants are willing to make a 60 million euro offer to tempt their arch-rivals into a deal. The Argentina has been left out of Los Blancos Supercopa squad for tonight fueling speculation he is about to join Manchester United or PSG.

    Only thing less journalistic than sports media is Twitter (in general, all Twitter, but specifically Twitter "media" who are really just teenagers who are smart enough to bring traffic to websites for clicks$cash)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:29 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Need Song to split time with Herrera. Neither player can play every match and there isn't a suitable replacement at CDM.

    Need both to compete.


    Fellaini....


    This is the hole you're in



    Fellaini needs to be sold. Poor buy in the first place.


    Right, so you have to sell bad players (make a list... trust me its fun... like root canals are fun). then make a list of older players on massive wages (like changing a tire a snow storm) and finally find clubs willing to take these players on (sifting through match.com's "Bigger ladies" section for a Friday night).

    then.. then...try and convince CL level players that your club is worth playing for despite not being in the competition.

    and pretend simply that your owners have not turned the financials at your favorite club to something from an 8th grade accounting class... or simply taken the money to fund a mediocre football team

    Suarez and Rodgers saved Liverpool... saved us from losing Torres. Saved us from Downing, Carrol, Adam, flipping Roy Hodgson, Hicks/Gillette, etc.

    Who is saving United? Serious question.. LvG? Rooney? RvP? its a thin list, no?

    Not trying to wind you up. I mean its not impossible. United has class players. but more is needed, and thats tough when Nani is still on your books, Fellaini is still on your squad, your midfield lost out to Jonjho f--ing red card 20 minutes into a match at old trafford after i woke up at 530 am, drove to the bar, paid for parking, bought a Surly and just got setted Shelvey (a--hole still owes me for the parking) and your best goal scorers are prepping a golf outing to celebrate their 30th

    Ill make the lists when I get home from work, and ill like doing it.


    Ill will be the one to save united. I am the all powerful smurf.

    Also, King Kenny saved Liverpool. Ill make that argument everyday until the end of the world.

    Nog: Song is good at what he does. Period. Don't care what you think he is with his national team. With Barca and arsenal he has been a player who plays his role better.

    Di Maria: won't be playing at Madrid this season. That's just about fact. United, Barca or PSG...who knows. He would fit with united.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 5002
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:41 am
  • King Kenny's 7th place finishes? Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam purchases? I dont want to slate him. he brought in Suarez. He held the line. He saved us from Roy Hodgson. Great player, one of the best. Club legend. His managerial tenures will always be subject to debate however.

    FSG, Suarez and Rodgers saved Liverpool.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 18826
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:34 am


PreviousNext


It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:28 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests