2014 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: 2014 Summer Transfer Window
Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:41 am
  • King Kenny's 7th place finishes? Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam purchases? I dont want to slate him. he brought in Suarez. He held the line. He saved us from Roy Hodgson. Great player, one of the best. Club legend. His managerial tenures will always be subject to debate however.

FSG, Suarez and Rodgers saved Liverpool.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:57 am
  • Smurf wrote:Nog: Song is good at what he does. Period. Don't care what you think he is with his national team. With Barca and arsenal he has been a player who plays his role better.

Oh! Let's talk about his role with Barca then. I just have seen inanity, nothing, nada!!!! Well, you can claim that he was a sub, but anytime he step up on the field that was awful to see.

Btw, don't underestimate national teams level. That's really a good revealing for players.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:57 pm
  • Nog wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Nog: Song is good at what he does. Period. Don't care what you think he is with his national team. With Barca and arsenal he has been a player who plays his role better.

Oh! Let's talk about his role with Barca then. I just have seen inanity, nothing, nada!!!! Well, you can claim that he was a sub, but anytime he step up on the field that was awful to see.

Btw, don't underestimate national teams level. That's really a good revealing for players.

Bit harsh Nog... Songs been useful. But i agree, there was a reason Wenger was fine letting Song go.

As for the national teams usefulness, I'd say it goes both ways. Some fine players who are quite comfortable in their club set ups get a bit lost with the national team, while others who are rarely considered for top level clubs come alive.

Many reasons for it, and still more examples. Depends on the player really
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:26 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Nog wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Nog: Song is good at what he does. Period. Don't care what you think he is with his national team. With Barca and arsenal he has been a player who plays his role better.

Bit harsh Nog... Songs been useful. But i agree, there was a reason Wenger was fine letting Song go.

As for the national teams usefulness, I'd say it goes both ways. Some fine players who are quite comfortable in their club set ups get a bit lost with the national team, while others who are rarely considered for top level clubs come alive.

Agreed. I'd put song in the list of players misrepresented by their national team duty.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:35 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:King Kenny's 7th place finishes? Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam purchases? I dont want to slate him. he brought in Suarez. He held the line. He saved us from Roy Hodgson. Great player, one of the best. Club legend. His managerial tenures will always be subject to debate however.

Kenny Daglish brought in Luis Suarez, Jordan Henderson, Coates, and Jose Enrique. i'd call all of those players successful signings...obviously the first two are more important, with the first being a god like signing.

He also brought in Craig Bellamy, who IMO is an incredible player, on a free. I love that player to death. I don't know why, but I love him.

He spent a little over 40Million pounds and got the core of the Liverpool overhaul underway.

He jettisoned dead weight players and did brilliantly to get 50 Million for Torres. Ayala, Insua, Meireles, NGog, Babel...all gone.

He bought quality.

I'll give you the Downing signing as a bad one. Awful signing.

But Carroll and Adam weren't all that bad. Carroll was never utilized properly in the role that type of striker needs...and thats was system problem. Kenny bought him to be something he's not...and that happens. Happens with great managers and great players all the time. System fit matters...didn't work here.

Adam was a flavor of the month signing. Everyone wanted Adam cause was fantastic the season before...and Kenny got him for just under 8. Solid business. The players form dropped. It happens. Not an awful signing. Not great.

More than just players, Kenny reestablished what it meant to be a Liverpool player. He brought the clubs history into the present and made the players understand. Kenny set the tone of what was lost under the previous managers.

He saved Liverpool from just being another big club trying to win a trophy with this player and that player. He made it Liverpool again.

YNWA.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:05 pm
  • Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:King Kenny's 7th place finishes? Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam purchases? I dont want to slate him. he brought in Suarez. He held the line. He saved us from Roy Hodgson. Great player, one of the best. Club legend. His managerial tenures will always be subject to debate however.

Kenny Daglish brought in Luis Suarez, Jordan Henderson, Coates, and Jose Enrique. i'd call all of those players successful signings...obviously the first two are more important, with the first being a god like signing.

He also brought in Craig Bellamy, who IMO is an incredible player, on a free. I love that player to death. I don't know why, but I love him.

He spent a little over 40Million pounds and got the core of the Liverpool overhaul underway.

He jettisoned dead weight players and did brilliantly to get 50 Million for Torres. Ayala, Insua, Meireles, NGog, Babel...all gone.

He bought quality.

But Carroll and Adam weren't all that bad. Carroll was never utilized properly in the role that type of striker needs...and thats was system problem. Kenny bought him to be something he's not...and that happens. Happens with great managers and great players all the time. System fit matters...didn't work here.

Adam was a flavor of the month signing. Everyone wanted Adam cause was fantastic the season before...and Kenny got him for just under 8. Solid business. The players form dropped. It happens. Not an awful signing. Not great.

More than just players, Kenny reestablished what it meant to be a Liverpool player. He brought the clubs history into the present and made the players understand. Kenny set the tone of what was lost under the previous managers.

He saved Liverpool from just being another big club trying to win a trophy with this player and that player. He made it Liverpool again.

YNWA.

im not going to argue with any of that
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:06 pm
  • Smurfs Manchester United plan:

Sell list:
    Marouane Fellaini - Send him off. Rumor was he was headed to Napoli. Take the loss.
    Anderson - Sell him for what you can get. Never the player he was signed to be. The profit loss this late in the game doesn't matter. He'd be a fit back in Portugal.

Javier Hernandez - He's done well, but not necessary at this point. He's an overflow. Take the money for him. He would fit on just about any top 8 team in Italy.

Robin Van Persie - Sell him to the highest bidder. That shouldn't be hard.

Incoming:
    Pay for Di Maria or don't. Plan works with him, or without him.

Song/Khedira - Buy one of them. Need that midfield depth...especially a holding player. I fancy Khedira more, but will cost more.

Defenders. Buy 2 CB's, and a RB. We lost out on Vermalaen (because Champions league, happy assholes?) and we need some youth there. I like Vlaar. Shawcross would be OK too. at RB I'd get Kyle Walker if possible.

Key here is to not break the bank on any single player (Shaw). I honestly don't know a bunch about younger players on the defensive side of the ball, so I'm sure there are better, and cheaper names I am missing. The key is a mix of Youth and Experience...which aside from Vlaar those three offer. Granted, none are world beaters but for now they get the job done.

The Tactics:

Keep your 5 in the back LVG....I'm ok with that. I like it. I love wingbacks. Player group also works in a 4231, 433 or 442.

--------------------De Gea-------------------------

----------Rojo-------Shawcross ----Jones--------
    Walker--------------------------------------Shaw

---------------------Khedira--Herrera--------------
    Di Maria ----------------------------------Mata
    -----------------Rooney---------------------------

Mata and Di Maria have license to come inside as in the attack both Shaw and Walker will press up. As far as depth, each position is decent, not great, but good enough to compete, IMO.

Obviously Welbeck spells Rooney, with Wilson, Keane and Lawrence to be role players.

At outside mid Valencia is the first choice, followed by Januzaj, Kagawa, and Young.

At CM there is experience behind the first two: Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley.

At RB: Rafael, Valencia, and Young
    At CB: Vlaar, Evans, Smalling
    At LB: If Shaw can't play, you go 4 in the back. Period. Shawcross out, Rafael on. Walker goes left.

Squad isn't super deep, league games take precedence over any other competition. Youngsters contributing is key.

Keep spending on young talent.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:06 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Bit harsh Nog... Songs been useful. But i agree, there was a reason Wenger was fine letting Song go.

National teams prove that players can play an intense level, and it goes the same way when I think about Champion's league matches. Yet, it is true that some players feel more confortable in their clubs; however, a top player (if that's really the case) must prove in the national team... That's the way how I see this.

In the case of Song, he never proves anything in clubs and neither his national team... That's quite the opposite IMO. It would not bring enough to improve a team like United.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:08 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:King Kenny's 7th place finishes? Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing and Charlie Adam purchases? I dont want to slate him. he brought in Suarez. He held the line. He saved us from Roy Hodgson. Great player, one of the best. Club legend. His managerial tenures will always be subject to debate however.

He bought quality.

YNWA.

im not going to argue with any of that

I'm not super dense all the time. ;)
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:16 pm
  • Smurf wrote:Smurfs Manchester United plan:

Sell list:
    Marouane Fellaini - Send him off. Rumor was he was headed to Napoli. Take the loss.
    Anderson - Sell him for what you can get. Never the player he was signed to be. The profit loss this late in the game doesn't matter. He'd be a fit back in Portugal.

Javier Hernandez - He's done well, but not necessary at this point. He's an overflow. Take the money for him. He would fit on just about any top 8 team in Italy.

Incoming:

Song/Khedira - Buy one of them. Need that midfield depth...especially a holding player. I fancy Khedira more, but will cost more.

Defenders. Buy 2 CB's, and a RB. We lost out on Vermalaen (because Champions league, happy assholes?) and we need some youth there. I like Vlaar. Shawcross would be OK too. at RB I'd get Kyle Walker if possible.

Key here is to not break the bank on any single player (Shaw). I honestly don't know a bunch about younger players on the defensive side of the ball, so I'm sure there are better, and cheaper names I am missing. The key is a mix of Youth and Experience...which aside from Vlaar those three offer. Granted, none are world beaters but for now they get the job done.

The Tactics:

Keep your 5 in the back LVG....I'm ok with that. I like it. I love wingbacks. Player group also works in a 4231, 433 or 442.

Mata and Di Maria have license to come inside as in the attack both Shaw and Walker will press up. As far as depth, each position is decent, not great, but good enough to compete, IMO.

Obviously Welbeck spells Rooney, with Wilson, Keane and Lawrence to be role players.

At outside mid Valencia is the first choice, followed by Januzaj, Kagawa, and Young.

At LB: If Shaw can't play, you go 4 in the back. Period. Shawcross out, Rafael on. Walker goes left.

Squad isn't super deep, league games take precedence over any other competition. Youngsters contributing is key.

not bad (although the 352 is a ridiculous formation for the PL.. however, its 4 back hyrbid in a 4231 or 4123 essentially gives you the same thing with one striker who wont defend instead of two)

I'd say Mata and Kagawa have to be added to your list of sells. Life is hard. its means choices. if you're going to admit the mistake of Fellaini then you might as well go all in, and posibly welbeck. get the wages off the books.

its time to start scouring the dutch, spanish and german leagues for standout young players not on CL teams. Thats the best way to rebuild. 30 million on a 19 year old leftback doesnt solve an immediate problem. I love Luke Shaw, and when United are good again he will be a solid contributor, but you could have got two players for him.

United will need to get lucky with a player or two (like Suarez, Sturridge, Cou and Sterling).

Welcome to the draining sink... try not to get sucked down into the pipe
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:19 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Smurfs Manchester United plan:

Sell list:

Incoming:

The Tactics:

not bad (although the 352 is a ridiculous formation for the PL.. however, its 4 back hyrbid in a 4231 or 4123 essentially gives you the same thing with one striker who wont defend instead of two)

I'd say Mata and Kagawa have to be added to your list of sells. Life is hard. its means choices. if you're going to admit the mistake of Fellaini then you might as well go all in, and posibly welbeck. get the wages off the books.

its time to start scouring the dutch, spanish and german leagues for standout young players not on CL teams. Thats the best way to rebuild. 30 million on a 19 year old leftback doesnt solve an immediate problem. I love Luke Shaw, and when United are good again he will be a solid contributor, but you could have got two players for him.

United will need to get lucky with a player or two (like Suarez, Sturridge, Cou and Sterling).

Welcome to the draining sink... try not to get sucked down into the pipe

Mata I'll give you. Won't sell Kagawa or Welbeck.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:20 pm
  • I see what you're saying though.

It's a long road...but if we can both build the right way, and get a quick fix top 4 finish it will be easier. Have to balance it, has to be done just right.

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't give me shit for Shawcross and Vlaar....
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:53 pm
  • Smurf wrote:I see what you're saying though.

It's a long road...but if we can both build the right way, and get a quick fix top 4 finish it will be easier. Have to balance it, has to be done just right.

Honestly I'm surprised you didn't give me shit for Shawcross and Vlaar....

Wellbeck is apparently on the way out, and I don't think Beavis likes Kagawa very much. Shawcross is a good, physical, no-nonsense player that you like to have on your team. He will always do the job he's supposed to. Vlaar I like alright. Not a worldie, but a good squad player, and you need those.

I really think Beavis is in for a culture shock. He's gotten by dominating in leagues that are top-heavy in the extreme, where there was really only one, maybe two teams that presented any sort of challenge. PL is a whole different kettle of fish. While there may only be 4 or 5 teams realistically competing for the title each season, any team in the league can present a major challenge, just look at the likes of Palace, So'ton, Swansea. If LVG thinks that he can swoop in and make a team conform to his methods and think that that will land him in the top-4 or competing for silverware, he's mistaken. You have to be able to be fluid with your tactics and team selection. That's why Bacon-face was one of the best. He was so adaptable, and often did the unexpected and made it work. He put his faith in the players, not necessarily the system.
    peachesenregalia
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:53 pm
  • Di Maria news getting stronger. I think its legit on now.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:41 pm
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:56 pm
  • I've been foreseeing Di Maria to United since the beginning of this saga.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:46 am
  • Man U offers a salary of 225k€/week :shock:
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:46 pm
  • Podolski rumored to be on his way out at Arsenal...

His possible destination include both MLS based New York teams....
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:42 am
  • Di Maria is having his medical today: 80M€ + bonus
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:51 am
  • Nog wrote:Di Maria is having his medical today: 80M€ + bonus

absolutely shocking price...

I know they have to... but I really think this is on the wrong player. Di Maria is a standout CM/Wng (borderline world class at RM on occassion) but its not a pressing need for United at the moment. Is he going to play wingback? up top? tucked into the CMs?

He's got no place on that squad but to replace a constant player and doesnt solve any of the pace issues they have in the center of the field nor the shambles that is their back line.

Still, great player to have in the squad.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:44 am
  • Smurf wrote:Smurfs Manchester United plan:

Sell list:

Incoming:

The Tactics:

Kyle Walker? Unless Spurs sign a better RB or United offer silly money there's next to no chance of that happening. Without Walker it is our weakest position by a distance. And we're without him because he's injured so the idea of a transfer this window is kind of moot anyway.

I'm not saying that he's irreplaceable, he was absolute crap 2 seasons ago, but when he's good he's way way better than anyone else we have. And with Pochettino's track record of getting the best out of players I'm sure he'd be loath to sell him without getting a chance to work with him first.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 am
  • Smurf is under the belief that his hometown boy is going to push Walker out the door at Spurs.

by the way... that lineup even with Khedira and Di Maria is horrifically slow and predictable, with zero pace nor decision making anywhere in the central defending 5.

the 352 is going to be a distant memory for United soon, or their top 4 hopes will be

Nice little start by Spurs btw. couple wins, couple clean sheets, little fortunate in week one but here you are
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:39 am
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Smurfs Manchester United plan:

Sell list:

Incoming:

The Tactics:

Kyle Walker? Unless Spurs sign a better RB or United offer silly money there's next to no chance of that happening. Without Walker it is our weakest position by a distance. And we're without him because he's injured so the idea of a transfer this window is kind of moot anyway.

I'm not saying that he's irreplaceable, he was absolute crap 2 seasons ago, but when he's good he's way way better than anyone else we have. And with Pochettino's track record of getting the best out of players I'm sure he'd be loath to sell him without getting a chance to work with him first.

Walker is surplus once Yedlin arrived. Little dude is going to beast all over the premiership.

Also, we would, could, and will play stupid money for the players we want. Example: Di Maria.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:20 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Nog wrote:Di Maria is having his medical today: 80M€ + bonus

absolutely shocking price...

I know they have to... but I really think this is on the wrong player. Di Maria is a standout CM/Wng (borderline world class at RM on occassion) but its not a pressing need for United at the moment. Is he going to play wingback? up top? tucked into the CMs?

He's got no place on that squad but to replace a constant player and doesnt solve any of the pace issues they have in the center of the field nor the shambles that is their back line.

Still, great player to have in the squad.

Agreed. That's overpaid.

But I place Di Maria as a top player or world class (call him whatever you want). The only problem is that United has other holes to fill up.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:57 am
  • Man Utd need a full back and at least 2 center halfs just to have a chance at Europe. Not being in the Champions League means they need to overpay. Whether the owners splash the cash is a different issues.

Think Chelsea win the Premiership this year. City and Arsenal for second and third.

Think Spurs will start well and have their inevitable collapse in form.

I expect Liverpool and Southampton to have less successful years but think Liverpool make the Champions League.

Burnley and QPR certs to go down and probably Leicester.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:59 am
  • Also just saw the pictures of Paul Gascoigne :( horrible.
    Glasgow Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:16 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Smurf is under the belief that his hometown boy is going to push Walker out the door at Spurs.

by the way... that lineup even with Khedira and Di Maria is horrifically slow and predictable, with zero pace nor decision making anywhere in the central defending 5.

the 352 is going to be a distant memory for United soon, or their top 4 hopes will be

Nice little start by Spurs btw. couple wins, couple clean sheets, little fortunate in week one but here you are

Yeah Si, really happy with the start. Although the opposition isn't the strongest we are going to face, the were local derbies and we'd also lost 3 on the trot to West Ham last season. We only scored 4 goals twice last season I think, and barely ever scored 3, and the style of play on Sunday was great to watch. Lamela looked all that he was supposed to be, Adebayor was great, Dier not only scored but played a pretty complete game. Rose has really stepped it up after a very ordinary 2013/14.

The real test will be against the top teams who generally speaking, destroyed us last season (Liverpool, City and Chelsea in particular).

I'm super excited for this season. Just got tickets for West Brom in a few weeks and will probably go to quite a few more after a season long drought last year.

And Smurf, It'd be fantastic if Yedlin can usurp Walker but I wouldn't expect it within the first year or two. As I said when he signed though, if Spurs are still in some cup competitions after January I think he'll get a lot of chances to play quite a bitget experience and prove what he's got. Likewise if Walker's injury lingers. Eric Dier has been great playing right back so far, although I think they want him as a CB rather than a fullback. I can see why so many Sporting Lisbon fans were coming to our forums to spit blood at their board for essentially giving away who they thought was their most promising player of the decade or so.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:37 am
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Smurf is under the belief that his hometown boy is going to push Walker out the door at Spurs.

Yeah Si, really happy with the start. Although the opposition isn't the strongest we are going to face, the were local derbies and we'd also lost 3 on the trot to West Ham last season. We only scored 4 goals twice last season I think, and barely ever scored 3, and the style of play on Sunday was great to watch. Lamela looked all that he was supposed to be, Adebayor was great, Dier not only scored but played a pretty complete game. Rose has really stepped it up after a very ordinary 2013/14.

The real test will be against the top teams who generally speaking, destroyed us last season (Liverpool, City and Chelsea in particular).

I'm super excited for this season. Just got tickets for West Brom in a few weeks and will probably go to quite a few more after a season long drought last year.

And Smurf, It'd be fantastic if Yedlin can usurp Walker but I wouldn't expect it within the first year or two. As I said when he signed though, if Spurs are still in some cup competitions after January I think he'll get a lot of chances to play quite a bitget experience and prove what he's got. Likewise if Walker's injury lingers. Eric Dier has been great playing right back so far, although I think they want him as a CB rather than a fullback. I can see why so many Sporting Lisbon fans were coming to our forums to spit blood at their board for essentially giving away who they thought was their most promising player of the decade or so.

Yedlin gets better every time he steps on the field. When we first signed him out of the academy he was projected to be our 3rd choice RB. Two weeks before the season we released out #1 cause Yedlin was blowing the socks off everyone. Kid has the goods, and learns quickly. 2 years ago he was playing college ball at Akron, and now he's the best RB in MLS.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:43 am
  • Smurf wrote:
    Hawkspur wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Smurf is under the belief that his hometown boy is going to push Walker out the door at Spurs.

Yedlin gets better every time he steps on the field. When we first signed him out of the academy he was projected to be our 3rd choice RB. Two weeks before the season we released out #1 cause Yedlin was blowing the socks off everyone. Kid has the goods, and learns quickly. 2 years ago he was playing college ball at Akron, and now he's the best RB in MLS.

Fingers crossed! If he does pan out as you predict it looks as though Spurs are assembling a fairly cheap young defensive group that could be very good inside of a couple of years.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:13 pm
  • Btw, Swansea are into the sweepstakes with Marseille for Benjamin Stambouli. Remember this name coz this kid is just outstanding.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:46 am
  • Hey wanna hear something hilarious?

Arsenal are linked with Falcao... but that's not the funny part. He's linked with us for a potential season-long loan! At least say it'd be a permanent move, that sounds a lot more believable.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:08 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:Hey wanna hear something hilarious?

Arsenal are linked with Falcao... but that's not the funny part. He's linked with us for a potential season-long loan! At least say it'd be a permanent move, that sounds a lot more believable.

he's going to Madrid.... theyve been waiting for the Di Maria thing to play out. Liverpool were linked with the same thing and Falcao a few weeks ago and ended up with (are fortunate to have) Balo
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:33 pm
  • I've read Madrid as well. I'd be surprised if he went elsewhere.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:27 pm
  • Gatehawk wrote:Hey wanna hear something hilarious?

Or if you believe his agent Arsenal are about to sign Nikola Zigic. (Which is also pretty funny).
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:31 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    Gatehawk wrote:Hey wanna hear something hilarious?

Or if you believe his agent Arsenal are about to sign Nikola Zigic. (Which is also pretty funny).

might as well go back in for Bedtner... or Henry on loan?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:28 pm
  • I've been reading Arsenal is going after Cavani.

Also, the new United Rumor is Kagawa and Hernandez and some Cash to Juve for Vidal.

I doubt either of those happen.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 pm
  • United linked to Danny Blind and Wiliam Carvalho. Both for reported fee's north of 20 million pounds.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:50 am
  • http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... er-Balanta

Balanta to Liverpool. That's a steal. He is a mere BEAST!!! And yesterday, I heard Liverpool was linked to move for Rod Fanni :lol: I guess you guys make the good choice even though I woulda prefer Fanni for you guys (no offense).
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:49 am
  • Nog wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/504207/Liverpool-handed-4-3m-cut-price-deal-for-Colombia-starlet-Eder-Balanta

Balanta to Liverpool. That's a steal. He is a mere BEAST!!! And yesterday, I heard Liverpool was linked to move for Rod Fanni :lol: I guess you guys make the good choice even though I woulda prefer Fanni for you guys (no offense).

Yeah, 4.3 mil seems a bargain for that lad. Could be a fantastic CB in the league.

I had not seen anything about Fanni. We're still being heavily linked to taking Song on loan for the year for free. I mean, for FREE. Can't really beat that. Rumor is Agger's going to Napoli, with Lucas probably following him out.
    peachesenregalia
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:00 am
  • Nog wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/504207/Liverpool-handed-4-3m-cut-price-deal-for-Colombia-starlet-Eder-Balanta

Balanta has the potential to be one of the best center-backs in the world. Very good signing
    MB12
    NET Starter

Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:59 am
  • MB12 wrote:
    Nog wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/504207/Liverpool-handed-4-3m-cut-price-deal-for-Colombia-starlet-Eder-Balanta

Balanta has the potential to be one of the best center-backs in the world. Very good signing

Dont think its official, and im not sure the link is even that real. But those are encouraging words about him. I remember his name from the world cup, but didnt know much about him.

Adding someone like him would surely mean Agger is off. I imagine they see him as cover this season, and with Ilori, challenging Skrtel for 3rd choice CB next year.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:03 am
  • peachesenregalia wrote:I had not seen anything about Fanni. We're still being heavily linked to taking Song on loan for the year for free. I mean, for FREE. Can't really beat that. Rumor is Agger's going to Napoli, with Lucas probably following him out.

According to french reports, he went to Liverpool to see what they got to offer, and he refused it! :lol: Nothing surprising for me. He is a straight-up douche.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:05 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    MB12 wrote:
    Nog wrote:http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/504207/Liverpool-handed-4-3m-cut-price-deal-for-Colombia-starlet-Eder-Balanta

Dont think its official, and im not sure the link is even that real. But those are encouraging words about him. I remember his name from the world cup, but didnt know much about him.

Adding someone like him would surely mean Agger is off. I imagine they see him as cover this season, and with Ilori, challenging Skrtel for 3rd choice CB next year.

Balanta is an unbreakable wall! Like MB12 said, he can become the best CB in the world.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:35 am
  • I want him and Song (and Kono/Shaqiri or Marco Reus)

and THEN i'll be happy!

(seriously he sounds a good prospect though)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:23 pm
  • Nog wrote:Btw, Swansea are into the sweepstakes with Marseille for Benjamin Stambouli. Remember this name coz this kid is just outstanding.

Apparently Spurs are in for Stambouli. He is supposedly choosing between us and Fiorentina, according to a website in France. As the article was in French, I'm choosing to believe it.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:32 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    Nog wrote:Btw, Swansea are into the sweepstakes with Marseille for Benjamin Stambouli. Remember this name coz this kid is just outstanding.

Apparently Spurs are in for Stambouli. He is supposedly choosing between us and Fiorentina, according to a website in France. As the article was in French, I'm choosing to believe it.

That's over. The spurs got him ;) Official according to MHSC twitter.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:40 pm
  • another defensive midfielder for Spurs? They are the antithesis of Arsenal...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:49 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:another defensive midfielder for Spurs? They are the antithesis of Arsenal...

Yeah, I think a couple of midfielder will be out of there in the next couple of days though. Sandro is oft injured and seems to have been linked with a move to Napoli or Roma for months and Holtby will be gone, which leaves Capoue, Bentaleb, and, if he has indeed been signed, Stambouli to fill the 2 deep mid spots that Pochettino seens to like to use. Paulinho is a bit crap too, so maybe they'll get rid of him as well.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:53 pm
  • BTW, Arsenal wants Rabiot from Doha Saint-Germain!!!
    Nog
    NET Rookie

Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:11 pm
  • And I just read that Rémy is heading to Chelski.
    Nog
    NET Rookie

PreviousNext

It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information