Does Throwdowns favorite return to Cleveland?

IndyHawk

Reaction score
There is big rumblings going on that point to James returning to Cleveland..PBT says his inner circle including his wife want him to go back...They are all from Akron,OH which is very close by..His kids are enrolled for School there this year from what my wife says..(She's from Akron herself) she knows people that know things ...It may be a backup thing so it's not set in stone of course ..If he does return I'll be a fan of his again.I thought before was a" chicken bleep" move..A lot of people wonder why he'd go back besides family and I'm going to use part of a post where the stats seem to show this might be a great move..[b]All of your post are vastly underestimating Lebron James & the Cavs current roster.

Kyire Irving is a straight up star. Is he good enough to carry a team into the playoffs year by year? Meybe not, but guess what…there’s only about 5 players in the entire league who can.

Lebron won 50 games & got to the Finals in 2007 with nothing but scrubs. In 2010 he won 61 games with Mo Williams as his second best player….lemme let that sink for a minute….MO WILLIAMS.

That same team with the only significant t departure being James won 19 games….19!

Now you’re trying to convince everyone that in an even weaker Eastern Conference than the won he played against with the Cavs that Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Andrew Wiggins & Dion Waiters plus James CANNOT compete for a title next season??? That theory is just completely void of logic man.

I haven’t even touched on the fact that they also have a great shot at trading for Kevin Love as well.

Here’s the WORST possible starting lineup for the Cavs with Lebron:

Varejao 8.4 ppg 9.7 rbs
Thompson 11.7 ppg 9.2 rbs
James 27.1 ppg 6.9 rbs
Waiters 15.9 ppg 3.0 ast (or #1 pick Wiggins)
Kyrie Irving 20.8 ppg 6.1 ast

That’s talent, size & youth. The Heat won 21 more games than the Cavs this past season. LBJ is good for 20 more wins on any team in this league.

Aside from all those factors you seem to be missing the biggest issue…the Heat. Simply put, they can’t put together a better team going forward than the Cavs can. It’s really not that hard to see…unless you’re a Heat “fan” of course[/b]

Subzero717

Reaction score
I dont get the bold. I think its a wait and see on Bosh really. If he goes to Houston its over. Bron bails.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I hope so, Miami is done. Wade is broken down, they don't have much of a supporting cast. It'd be the smart thing to leave IMO.

Cleveland has a very young and very good team. But Irving has had injury problems and an unproven guy in Wiggins, but Wiggins is a good player and a pretty dedicated defensive player, if his offensive game doesn't shine like I think it will (in time, it needs to develop), he's still going to be one the leagues best defenders.

There's also rumblings that Cleveland is trying to land Kevin Love in a trade, so it wouldn't surprise me to see guys like Waiters, and Thompson in Minnesota if it happens.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":1abfa0jm said:
I dont get the bold. I think its a wait and see on Bosh really. If he goes to Houston its over. Bron bails.
Got rid of the bold..Hope the color works better...If the Cavs get Love I'd say it's happening...Bosh can sign somewhere else for his overated contract and 1 leg Wade I think,just screwed himself...

drdiags

Reaction score
As bad as the original decision was, I really have to wonder how I could play for an owner who basically called me a coward and a worthless POS. Sure, as mature men we could sit at the table and work out our differences, but the Cavaliers just finally had the NBA purge the copy of the owner's rant from the Cavs website. I would be leery of the owner. Sometimes it is better to just leave things as they are.

People now willing to flop back if he comes back, what happens when he decides that in the end he isn't willing to go to Cleveland? Will they burn the remainder of the scorched jerseys they are breaking out now? This may be worse than the first time, to raise the Cavs fans hopes again, only to reject them a second time. I would imagine the death threats will rise again on LeBron.

Subzero717

Reaction score
^ He might be playing with fire. He will say he had no part in this but he isnt doing anything to squash it.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Chris Sheridan is reporting its a 90% chance of it happening, who knows with these sources though.

and while LeBron and Gilbert have a lot to iron out, its been said that LBJ's agent still has a good relationship with Gilbert.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
drdiags":2shbxrl9 said:
As bad as the original decision was, I really have to wonder how I could play for an owner who basically called me a coward and a worthless POS. Sure, as mature men we could sit at the table and work out our differences, but the Cavaliers just finally had the NBA purge the copy of the owner's rant from the Cavs website. I would be leery of the owner. Sometimes it is better to just leave things as they are.

People now willing to flop back if he comes back, what happens when he decides that in the end he isn't willing to go to Cleveland? Will they burn the remainder of the scorched jerseys they are breaking out now? This may be worse than the first time, to raise the Cavs fans hopes again, only to reject them a second time. I would imagine the death threats will rise again on LeBron.

Fans have a short memory. Remember how Junior bent the Mariners over a barrell? Yet, the majority of fans welcomed him back with open arms.....plus LaBron still has plenty of game.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Cleveland just dealt 3 contributors for nothing, IMO they don't make that without bron coming on board, or they're really really dumb.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Throwdown":1qteuap6 said:
Cleveland just dealt 3 contributors for nothing, IMO they don't make that without bron coming on board, or they're really really dumb.
Well, it IS Cleveland......................but yeah, I think he's going back.

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I think he is going back and it will erase that blemish from before...

OP
OP
IndyHawk

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":3aj4063d said:
Looks like all signs are pointing to the return of the king to his kingdom.
I see that 1 leg Wade is in Vegas trying to change James mind..I'm sure he only has 45 million reasons why..I can't wait to see what the Heat give Wade if anything,when the King of Cleveland returns...That was just stupid to opt out ..You got 1 leg and not getting younger..I just can't feel bad for the guy...

Throwdown

Reaction score
I really don't know wades reasoning for opting out, unless it was to take less to help keep James and Bosh. But in the event LeBron goes home and Bosh as a consequence ends up in Houston, what's the benefit to bringing back Wade? He's not healthy enough to be relied upon anymore.

drdiags

Reaction score
Was reading the Deadspin article on Wade. They raise a point that Wade may have opted out to help the Heat bring back Bosh and LeBron, with some type of understanding that the Heat would sign Wade to a deal such that he gets $42M guaranteed only over more years. So he makes $10-$13M/yr for 4-5 years instead of $21M over the next two.

Otherwise, it made little sense for him to opt out with that amount of guaranteed money given up.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/487567445277028352[/tweet]

Throwdown

Reaction score
Makes sense, Wade was hanging with bron a lot yesterday, visited his basketball camp and then they flew back together to Miami, bron isn't stay though, he's going to Brazil here for the World Cup final, but we're gonna get the decision sometime this weekend they're saying.

From purely a basketball perspective, I don't see the benefit to staying in Miami. Wade's got maybe half a good knee, and being your teams only hope and prayer has gotta suck because the other "super star" can't stay on the court long enough to complete a quarter of play.

Throwdown

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":3ffh7bwm said:
BOOM. Bosh to Rockets I hope.

Me too, it'd hopefully give fits to OKC... on paper help them vs the Spurs... On paper.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wade rumors swirl about joining 'Bron on Cleveland, I don't think it'll happen, but I think there'll be some smoke.