Michael Grey

kearly

Reaction score
One of the 7.14.14 changes was Michael Grey getting his own radio show. I figured I'd give it a try and I have to say I am pretty impressed with his show.

First, it's not easy to do a show solo, but he does a good job of managing the show alone without having to take a bunch of phone calls to compensate.

I also really like that he tries to get intelligent guests on his show, whether they are nationally famous or not.

I've yet to hear Grey express a moronic opinion, really I can't even think of a time I even disagreed with him. He has a knack for stating an opinion in an understated way that is hard to disagree with, while still saying something and not being cliche or super-bland.

Seems like the rare sports talk guy that would actually be fun to talk sports with. He seems to have great rapport with his producer as well.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more Kearly, I've enjoyed his show so far. I wasn't sure how he would do once he went solo but he's done a good job so far including his producer just enough when he needs somebody to bounce things off of.

The only thing I don't like about this change is the fact that due to my schedule I only get to hear two hours of Brock and Salk and not the full three. And of those two hours that I get to listen to Brock and Salk, I have to listen to the first hour on the 710 app because the radio station down here in the Tri-Cities still plays those hacks Mike & Mike from 5-9am.

Tical21

Reaction score
I've only had the chance to listen twice, but yeah, better than I thought. I kind of had the vibe that this was how he got the job up here to begin with, and he always seemed like he was the new guy holding back on the afternoon show. I'm just glad I don't have to listen to Brock Huard anymore once Mitch's show is over.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kearly":3ox18vlb said:
One of the 7.14.14 changes was Michael Grey getting his own radio show. I figured I'd give it a try and I have to say I am pretty impressed with his show.

First, it's not easy to do a show solo, but he does a good job of managing the show alone without having to take a bunch of phone calls to compensate.

I also really like that he tries to get intelligent guests on his show, whether they are nationally famous or not.

I've yet to hear Grey express a moronic opinion, really I can't even think of a time I even disagreed with him. He has a knack for stating an opinion in an understated way that is hard to disagree with, while still saying something and not being cliche or super-bland.

Seems like the rare sports talk guy that would actually be fun to talk sports with. He seems to have great rapport with his producer as well.
He is pretty decent most of the time. The one time I had a problem with him was one show about 6 weeks after XLVIII he said Seattle should entertain the thought trade Sherman because they could get a lot for him (this was before RS signed his contract). I texted him and told him it was a moronic thing to even bring up, he didn't care for that comment, and we had a little back and forth, LOL.

I told him I usually really like the show, but it felt like with this subject he was trolling for calls/texts by doing shtick, and by talking about breaking up a Super Bowl team when you don't have to by trading one of its core players is stooping to the lowest common denominator.