A local team headed to Williamsport, PA

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:21 pm
  • The Pacific Little League allstar team out of Edmonds/Lynnwood is going to the Little League World Series after their win today 6-3 over a very good Bend, Oregon team. These kids were 3 outs away from not making it out of districts in their homepark but overcame it to get to state and win state from the losers bracket, and then go 6-0 in the regionals in San Bernardino, it's a great accomplishment just to make from Williamsport and be one of the top 8 teams in this country. :th2thumbs:

My nephew is Mason #24 (for beastmode) Edit: Little League got them new unis and the numbers only go so high Mason is now #4 an OF/P on the team. I'm a proud uncle and would appreciate it if .netters sent positive vibes these kid's way, I'm lucky I have a great kid as a nephew and his team that is full of great kids that play the sport of baseball because they love the sport!

If you want to check out their website it's pacificlittleleague.com,
    And they play their first game Thursday vs a very good Great Lakes team from Chicago.
    It will be on ESPN at noon on Thursday.

Go Pacific! :th2thumbs:
    Go Mason! :th2thumbs:
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• My cousin played in it with the Redmond team years ago! Such a great experience for those kids.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• Smurf wrote:My cousin played in it with the Redmond team years ago! Such a great experience for those kids.

That's awesome, I remember that team. I've heard that from everyone. I guess they treat these kids like kings there and is one of the best run tournaments in the world. My nephew is on cloud 9 right now, it's going to be such an awesome experience for him and his friends on the team. :)

Go Pacific!
    Go Mason!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    Smurf wrote:My cousin played in it with the Redmond team years ago! Such a great experience for those kids.

That's awesome, I remember that team. I've heard that from everyone. I guess they treat these kids like kings there and is one of the best run tournaments in the world. My nephew is on cloud 9 right now, it's going to be such an awesome experience for him and his friends on the team. :)

Go Pacific!
    Go Mason!

Yeah, I actually flew out there to support them. Great experience. Lots of fun for sure.

And I guess one of those kids just got drafted into the MLB in the first round or something like that (10 mil signing bonus) so that's pretty cool.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

• I grew up w Ross Kruse. His son is on the team.
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

• ZorntoLargent wrote:I grew up w Ross Kruse. His son is on the team.

Ross is a great guy and his son Logan is a very nice kid, he is good friends with my nephew.

Logan probably has the best fundamentally sound swing on the team and has surprising home run power for a shorter kid. Many of the opposing teams in the tournaments are stunned when he goes yard. He is also a pretty good pitcher.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I actually was a Pacific LL All Star back in the day, good to see the local boys representin'!!
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• SonicHawk wrote:I actually was a Pacific LL All Star back in the day, good to see the local boys representin'!!

NICE!

I wish I had played on fields as nice as Lynndale park field #1.
    Last edited by Sports Hernia on Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    SonicHawk wrote:I actually was a Pacific LL All Star back in the day, good to see the local boys representin'!!

NICE!

I wish I played on fields as nice as Lynndale park field #1.

I moved to select a year later, but as an 11 year old I played on the AS team that competed in state for the LLWS opportunity. It was the only few times I got to play at #1. Go Kathol Roofing!

We had a kid who threw no doubt 85mph at 13. He was dominant, threw his arm out in HS unfortunately.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• The team from Pearland, TX is going. Pearland is a southeastern suburb of Houston, close to NASA.

They're good too. Really good.
    HoustonHawk82

• Sports Hernia wrote:
    ZorntoLargent wrote:I grew up w Ross Kruse. His son is on the team.

Ross is a great guy and his son Logan is a very nice kid, he is good friends with my nephew.

Logan probably has the best fundamentally sound swing on the team and has surprising home run power for a shorter kid. Many of the opposing teams in the tournaments are stunned when he goes yard. He is also a pretty good pitcher.

LOL, shorter kid? I guess he got that from Ross........... we once put Ross in a sewer to get a ball that went down there. He was the only one that fit.
    ZorntoLargent
    NET Veteran

• ZorntoLargent wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    ZorntoLargent wrote:I grew up w Ross Kruse. His son is on the team.

LOL, shorter kid? I guess he got that from Ross........... we once put Ross in a sewer to get a ball that went down there. He was the only one that fit.

LOL, yeah, but his boy can hit, and his younger son looks like he is going to be a great hitter as well.

They'll be wearing maroon and gray uni's (come on LL, purple and gold would have been better 8) ) but if you see a lot of kids using green barrelled bats those are the 2015 models that are not out yet that Easton gave each kid ($469 retail). I guess yesterday was like Christmas for the kids as they got all new equipment and uniforms for free. LL does this tournament right and the sponsors spoil the kids, which is part of the payoff for months of daily practice and hard work.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• HoustonHawk82 wrote:The team from Pearland, TX is going. Pearland is a southeastern suburb of Houston, close to NASA.

They're good too. Really good.

I think they were first to qualify.
    Most of these teams are real good. Top 8 in the country. :)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sadly the boys got stomped 12-2 against a great Chicago team. They picked the wrong time to stop hitting.
    In the bottom of the first inning (down 2-0) with 1 out My nephew Mason forced an error with his speed on and infield grounder and got to second on the play and then scored when Tyler doubled who scored when Tygan singled.

I think the Great Lakes team from Chicago is going to win it all, or at least the US title, as they hit EVERYTHING HARD, against some great pitching.

Looks like they (Pacific/Washington/Northwest) play a beatable South Dakota team Saturday at 11am on channel 4 (ABC). Its a double elim tourney with 3 games guaranteed......
    Hopefully a happy result on saturday. :th2thumbs:
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• L.L.W.S. is one of my fav. things to watch. Kids playing a game, what could be better. It is great for communities as well.

I hope they do well.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• I saw that one of the players from the Great Lakes team had a monster game. He went 4/4 with 3 HRs and a triple. Lynnwood was putting runs up like that during the qualification rounds, hopefully they can get back to scoring runs. They'll have to do it the hard way from here on out. One more loss and they are eliminated.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• It's certainly possible that they go on a run and I hope they do. I remember the first tournament that I played as 10 year old all-star, we lost the first game and then had to come thru the losers bracket and I believe we won 7 in a row to take the championship.
    mbtitleist
    NET Veteran

• mbtitleist wrote:It's certainly possible that they go on a run and I hope they do. I remember the first tournament that I played as 10 year old all-star, we lost the first game and then had to come thru the losers bracket and I believe we won 7 in a row to take the championship.

This Pacific team did that very thing at state, losing the second game and won 6 or 7 in a row to win state and the right to go to San Bernardino. My brother said my nephew signed his first autograph today and had his picture taken with 10 random girls so I think he is having fun, and the team is over yesterday's loss. I expect them to bounce back tomorrow and score some runs and pitch like they have most of the year!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• hawkfan68 wrote:I saw that one of the players from the Great Lakes team had a monster game. He went 4/4 with 3 HRs and a triple. Lynnwood was putting runs up like that during the qualification rounds, hopefully they can get back to scoring runs. They'll have to do it the hard way from here on out. One more loss and they are eliminated.

Yep, see my post above. That Great Lakes team feasted on the fastball yesterday, where most of the other games the pitchers were throwing the ball by the hitters...... I think if they get a chance to play them again the pitch selection will be better and mixed up more. Pacific should have hit that starting pitcher more than they did, but the kid (Great lakes) they brought in to start the 5th inning threw FLAMES and had great control.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• And there's some drama at the end of the game. Runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 outs and the ball is hit to CF, the runner that was on 2nd rounds 3rd and trips and falls about halfway to home. He gets up and tries to make it to home but goes even further out of the base path and is called out for out 3 and Washington wins. I feel for that kid that tripped though...
    mbtitleist
    NET Veteran

• mbtitleist wrote:And there's some drama at the end of the game. Runners on 1st and 2nd, 2 outs and the ball is hit to CF, the runner that was on 2nd rounds 3rd and trips and falls about halfway to home. He gets up and tries to make it to home but goes even further out of the base path and is called out for out 3 and Washington wins. I feel for that kid that tripped though...

Yeah, it was the right call but, not the way you want the game to end. The Washington kids looked nervous as heck, and sleepwalked their way thru the first 3 or 4 innings. I'm happy for the boys that they got a win at the LLWS, now they have to step up their game and eliminate silly mistakes and poor AB's (see striking out looking) if they want to advance as the competition only gets tougher.

My nephew was the kid interviewing the starting pitcher before the game, we had no idea that was coming, LOL .

Go Pacific/Washington/Northwest!

Go Mason!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Dang, Vegas is smoking Great Lakes (Chicago) 13-2 in the 4th. Looks like Vegas figured out you cannot rely on on fastballs and mixed in a lot of off speed and breaking pitches.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:43 am
  • Texas vs Washington in eliminating game, today.
    Side note:
    Have y'all seen the kid from Puerto Rico ?
    He's 6'4" and 229 lbs @ 13 yrs.
    holy catfish.

Edit: 3pm eastern time.
    Last edited by pmedic920 on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:Texas vs Washington in eliminating game, today.
    Side note:
    Have y'all seen the kid from Puerto Rico ?
    He's 6'4" and 229 lbs @ 13 yrs.
    holy catfish.

He is probably twenty-six. He must have the same birth certificate duplicator that Mariano Rivera had.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

• BTW the smallest kid this year is 4'6" and 71 lbs.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Bump game on ESPN NOW.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:Bump game on ESPN NOW.

Sadly my nephews team lost to a very good Pearland team 11-4. My nephew is pissed because he knows they could have played much better and had many self inflicted mistakes by his team, but recognizes they are playing the best teams in the USA.

Overall it's been an experience of a lifetime for him and his teammates (and for all the kids in the LLWS for that matter). He said they have been treated like royalty while there, and the food is real good too! LOL.

Thanks for the support from my fellow .netters, I know the kids appreciate the support from the region. :)

Best of luck to the Pearland kids. :)
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• At that level they are all good teams. I think it's amazing how well those kids handle the pressure.
    I've really enjoyed watching the 6/7 games that I have.
    Better entertainment than the pros, IMHO
    Congrats to your nephew and his team. They have plenty to be proud of.
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• pmedic920 wrote:At that level they are all good teams. I think it's amazing how well those kids handle the pressure.
    I've really enjoyed watching the 6/7 games that I have.
    Better entertainment than the pros, IMHO
    Congrats to your nephew and his team. They have plenty to be proud of.

Thanks, we are proud of him and the team. I cannot wait for him to get home and hear about his experience.
    They are there until at least Sunday as all teams are, and I hear they are trying to get a practice game with the Australian kids who are also out of it.

Edit: They are coming home Monday, and they went the Hersey's factory and amusement park today with their families so I'm pretty sure they are still having a great time.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:51 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information