Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

EPL 2014-15 Season

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: EPL 2014-15 Season
Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:00 pm
  • NJSeaHawk wrote:
    peachesenregalia wrote:Alright, that's enough, NJ. Macca is a legend.

Peaches I guess you like him. According to what I read, it's pretty much love or hate him...huh? The way he left and all of that? That goal against celtic was class, I'll give him that.

Anywhoo, all of this was really directed at seabhac, who does a supreme job of talking shit when his team has a result, but squirms away when they lose, which has been alot lately. So in the spirit of good sportsmanship, here's to Pool and Arsenal leaping the boys from Manchester! :thirishdrinkers:

I don't know what you are talking about...

But as the song goes "Where were you when you were shit!"
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:08 pm
  • The irony is that Chelsea used to play very attractive football (never won anything mind you) , had great fans and were by far the most fashionable club in football. Going to Stamford Bridge was a decent day out that was fraught with danger and very well dressed lads.

Now they play like robots and their stadium is full of twats that only started supporting them in in 2002.

You ever been NJ?
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:19 pm

• I've said this too many times to count, I despise Chelsea. I also wanna say that Chelsea's fans, especially those fans in particular, can go burn in hell.
    RApollos
    NET Practice Squad

Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:37 am
  • Gatehawk, shouldn't you be on a Packer forum somewhere?
    There was this monkey, right?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:39 am
  • NJSeaHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

let's be honest, NJ's legends start with Drogba and end with Hazard...

1.Zola
    2.Drogba

Hazard is great but he takes too many dives.

I got into English football late..I won't lie. But I came up watching South American football as a wee tyke. I've been around the ole pitch once or thrice.

You don't have to prove your fandom on here... ignore Seabh.. he's a crotchety old fart.

But leave the Liverpool legends alone.. it's all we have at the moment
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:37 am
  • United at Century Link - July 17th
    I am fairly sure they will be training at VMAC for a week prior.
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:41 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

1.Zola
    2.Drogba

I got into English football late..I won't lie. But I came up watching South American football as a wee tyke. I've been around the ole pitch once or thrice.

You don't have to prove your fandom on here... ignore Seabh.. he's a crotchety old fart.

25 Years TODAY since Liverpool won the the League
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:45 am
  • Always afraid to look up aren't you...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:15 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Always afraid to look up aren't you...

Nope
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:10 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

1.Zola
    2.Drogba

Don't be hard on yourself, mate. You've got Balotelli.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:25 pm
  • Atleast we won't be mired in the Europa next season. Blessings...

Good luck with that Spur...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:47 pm
  • Well, that's that then, innit?
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:47 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:Well, that's that then, innit?

NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:03 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Atleast we won't be mired in the Europa next season. Blessings...

You'll probably get in through fair play.
    Hawkspur
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:18 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:Ha Ha...Arsenil fans singing "Boring Boring Chelsea!"

[instagram]https://instagram.com/p/2B-7T7ujCm/[/instagram]
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:04 pm
  • By far the most creative thing seen by Chelsea this season!!!!
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:19 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:By far the most creative thing seen by Chelsea this season!!!!

You're drunk; sleep it off.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:31 pm
  • Hawkspur wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Atleast we won't be mired in the Europa next season. Blessings...

You'll probably get in through fair play.

Honestly nothing would surprise me
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:29 pm
  • FA Cup to become "Emirates FA Cup" starting next season. FFS
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:58 am
  • Messing aside - Couple of questions for the Liverpool boys.

Do you thing Rogers deserves another year?
    Is he right to blame his players for poor results?
    When he says no other manager could do better, does he mean under the constraints of FSG ownership?
    Do you think FSG is making it hard for your managers to succeed?
    Will any other decent manager want to come to Liverpool if FSG don't change their ways?

I applaud the Liverpool fans for Boycotting the Hull game last night. The madness has to top out soon, otherwise the game will lose its soul completely.
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:37 am
  • Seabhac wrote:Messing aside - Couple of questions for the Liverpool boys.

Do you thing Rogers deserves another year?
    Is he right to blame his players for poor results?
    When he says no other manager could do better, does he mean under the constraints of FSG ownership?
    Do you think FSG is making it hard for your managers to succeed?
    Will any other decent manager want to come to Liverpool if FSG don't change their ways?

I applaud the Liverpool fans for Boycotting the Hull game last night. The madness has to top out soon, otherwise the game will lose its soul completely.

If this was not Liverpool (if it was say West Ham, or even Spurs) then Rodgers would deserve another year. However, I think he should be replaced, and here is why:

1. The team has lost faith in his managerial decisions. That is huge, considering many of them were brought in by him. When players who have been afforded the opportunities that these men have been stop playing for the coach who gave it to them, there is something broken. Rodgers can criticize his players. That is fine to do and many coaches in all sports do it. But you have to stand up take responsibility yourself first.

"I did not have my players prepared and it showed. WE lacked this or that or whatever. That's on me."

or

"Players a, b and c really let me down tonight"

If you are players a, b and c, who would you rather work for?

Poor results are a product of players and manager. One or the other is never fully responsible. Rodgers does a wonderful job of moving blame. He is trying to save his job, which is why he should lose it. Your job is to manage Liverpool to success. Your job is not to keep your job.

2. Rodgers continuous tinkering with the system has good players struggling to find their place. Some of these are his new signings. And while an argument can be made that it has helped the club, it has not helped players like Can, Markovic, Lallana and Lovren settle.

3. He has made some poor personnel decisions, including isolating players like Lovren and Sahko, and of course Gerrard.

4. He talks too much. Way too much. If you're going to run your mouth, be funny or interesting or controversial. Don't be daft, deflective and evasive.

5. FSG is not the problem, and he is full of sh-- for laying it anyone's feet but his own. He is pushing blame elsewhere instead of taking it on his shoulders. He is showing a lack of accountability and leadership.

FSG has afforded him massive swaths of cash and freedom to bring in many players of his own choosing. I am sure they have squashed some player requests. But this not FSGs problem but his. You can't make mistakes on high money players then criticize ownership for not giving you more money to buy more players to make up for the ones you failed on. FSG is a winner. They will (and do) spend. The Red Sox are a prime example.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:57 am
  • Yeah, Simon summed it up pretty well. He bought some equity last season, but this season has just been poor overall. Most of his signings have been poor, and his tinkering is annoying as best and maddening at worst. Klopp is available, and FSG have a decision to make, because these opportunities don't come along very often. Klopp is a proven winner, and will be able to attract players on his reputation.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:39 am
  • I agree with everything you are saying.

Liverpool are at a crossroads now - The clubs biggest asset is its tradition and fanbase and the refusal to believe that they are anything less than one of the most elite clubs in the world.. The fans who grew up on success are getting older and even the days of Macca/Fowler/McAteer/Gerrard are looking like the "good old Days" now. What happens if 10 more years go by without a title? No-one - not the owners, the manager , the players should take for granted that this massive fanbase will keep faith.

I always think of Leeds when I think of how hard an elite top flight club can fall. (I hate Leeds - but I miss them).

And as much as I hate to say it, I want Liverpool to (eventually) win the League again. Your fans are among the best in the World and they deserve it.
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:50 am
  • Seabhac wrote:I agree with everything you are saying.

Liverpool are at a crossroads now - The clubs biggest asset is its tradition and fanbase and the refusal to believe that they are anything less than one of the most elite clubs in the world.. The fans who grew up on success are getting older and even the days of Macca/Fowler/McAteer/Gerrard are looking like the "good old Days" now. What happens if 10 more years go by without a title? No-one - not the owners, the manager , the players should take for granted that this massive fanbase will keep faith.

I always think of Leeds when I think of how hard an elite top flight club can fall. (I hate Leeds - but I miss them).

And as much as I hate to say it, I want Liverpool to (eventually) win the League again. Your fans are among the best in the World and they deserve it.

The Leeds disaster is only relevant in that the two teams once were winning lots of titles.

But Liverpool is both financially and competitively strong. They won't be relegated to the lower leagues either because of finances or competitive play.

However, they run the risk of being "relegated" to a persistent mid-table club, even if competitive. Clubs like Spurs, Newcastle, or even Everton come to mind. Always plying for top 6, maybe making a run at top 4 if the right player comes along, but usually settling in behind the usual top 4.

Liverpool will survive just fine there, but I'm sure the ambitions need to be more. The tradition of the club is too deep to allow it.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:24 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:
    NJSeaHawk wrote:

Peaches I guess you like him. According to what I read, it's pretty much love or hate him...huh? The way he left and all of that? That goal against celtic was class, I'll give him that.

Anywhoo, all of this was really directed at seabhac, who does a supreme job of talking shit when his team has a result, but squirms away when they lose, which has been alot lately. So in the spirit of good sportsmanship, here's to Pool and Arsenal leaping the boys from Manchester! :thirishdrinkers:

I don't know what you are talking about...

But as the song goes "Where were you when you were shit!"

I believe I had fugged off to support the Cosmos. Sharpish. :16:

I've been through Chelsea's customary November plummet and Mora with the Seahawks.

And after five fruitless facades of futility, fabulous fun has finally fabricated.

Now stop carrying on, or I shall be forced to use my Yardie accent and give you a verbal thrashing.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:27 am
  • Sure got a scare yesterday, btw. The boys looked flatter than a pancake. Thank God for half time adjustments. Mou whipped them into shape, if that was closer to the end, I don't know if mentally we could get back in it. Leicester deserved that first goal, they were the better team for the first half. Should be an interesting weekend for all!
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:40 pm

Sat May 02, 2015 5:58 am
  • Sad day for QPR today. Rio Ferdinand's wife passed away last night from cancer.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat May 02, 2015 2:10 pm
  • Yeah, was sorry to hear that, Seatown.

I must say, Leicester impress me. Newcastle, however, need to be worried about the drop at this point. I really feel for that fanbase. Ashley is a right tosser, and doesn't give a shit about winning.

United lose for the 3rd time in a row. Crazy. Makes those Hull and WBA results even more annoying now. Still, 4 point difference with 3 to go. We have Chelsea, who will probably already have the league wrapped up, so that could favor us. United have Arsenil, who love to beat United. It's unlikely, but possible that we could sneak in to 4th at the death and pip United to that last CL spot.

Also, Coutinho for prez.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat May 02, 2015 3:32 pm
  • Based on the last 3 results - United don't deserve to be in Europe next year.
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Sat May 02, 2015 3:55 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:Based on the last 3 results - United don't deserve to be in Europe next year.

Shocking mate. Still, makes for an interesting run-in, I suppose. What do you think the problems have been this past few games? Seemed like United were starting to hit top form a month or so ago, then they just fell flat again. Be interested in your take.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Sat May 02, 2015 3:58 pm

Sat May 02, 2015 4:46 pm
  • peachesenregalia wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:Based on the last 3 results - United don't deserve to be in Europe next year.

Shocking mate. Still, makes for an interesting run-in, I suppose. What do you think the problems have been this past few games? Seemed like United were starting to hit top form a month or so ago, then they just fell flat again. Be interested in your take.

I don't know - Foot off the gas maybe.
    Ashley Young was our best player during the win streak - Di Maria not able to get in the side - something is smelling a bit fishy. Somethings off when Young is the best player - United need Di Maria / Van Persie / Herrara / Rooney to be the best players (Exception for De gea). When that's not happening then something is odd.

Will be an interesting run in. United will have to earn Champions League if they are to make it.
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Sun May 03, 2015 6:24 am
  • :179417:

Nice gesture by Terry at the end there, RIP to Rio's wife.
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 03, 2015 8:57 am
  • Congrats NJ - Chelsea are deserved Champions. No other team was even close.

Enjoy the day!
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Sun May 03, 2015 10:23 am
  • Seabhac wrote:Congrats NJ - Chelsea are deserved Champions. No other team was even close.

Enjoy the day!

Cheers for that! Nice one.

Here's hoping to that all our teams get in top 4 for Champs league next season! :thirishdrinkers:
    NJSeaHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 03, 2015 12:05 pm
  • So with QPR getting relegated I'm gonna need a new EPL team to root for next season. Any suggestions? I'm automatically ruling out ManU and Arsenal.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun May 03, 2015 12:10 pm
  • Go with Villa - Former massive team trying to climb back into upper tier.
    Birmingham is Englands 2nd City - Brummies are great fans and great people.

And there's Jack Grealish
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Mon May 04, 2015 4:41 am
  • Am I seriously getting sucked back into the PL again?

Christ, I've been reading the rumor rags about incomings for the summer and find out Liverpool are just 4 off? Damn Hull and Brom games.

On United... Seabh, Young was United's best player early on as well, and thought he tore up Liverpool. Something about the formation and the overlapping play on the wings gives him loads of time and attacking space, which he utilizes with vigor. Not sure if sides have adjusted (i've not seen United since the City game, where he was also good).

Makes for a good "run in".. Bit more like a limp at this point.

Credit to Chelsea, they outlasted everyone. Not a good year for the PL in my opinion (in terms of quality of play). Hoping the summer brings in some new talent to the top teams.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon May 04, 2015 11:38 am
  • Here is the final 3...

Liverpool: at Chelsea, vs. Palace, at Stoke
    United: at Palace, vs. Arsenal, at Hull

If the two teams were separated by 2 points, I'd give the edge to Liverpool. But 4 points and the GD will be tough to overcome. need all 9. United need 5 points max.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon May 04, 2015 11:50 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Here is the final 3...

Liverpool: at Chelsea, vs. Palace, at Stoke
    United: at Palace, vs. Arsenal, at Hull

If the two teams were separated by 2 points, I'd give the edge to Liverpool. But 4 points and the GD will be tough to overcome. need all 9. United need 5 points max.

Palace are still fighting, as are Hull. Chelsea have nothing left to play for, so that might favor us. Palace just seem to be our undoing. If united drop points to Palace and then lose to arsenal, I will start getting hopeful. Knowing Liverpool, that's what will happen, and we'll lose to Stoke on the last day of the season or some shit.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon May 04, 2015 12:04 pm
  • or some shit.

Sums it up, really.

(can't believe i got yanked back in... f---ing United)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon May 04, 2015 12:23 pm
  • Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Mon May 04, 2015 12:31 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....

Cripple fight?

Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon May 04, 2015 12:56 pm
  • Seabhac wrote:Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....

Sort of. Not sure you can say that's what we did last season. We had been over-achieving all year long, and the luck ran out in the end. Really, we were lucky that City and Chelsea had a few bad results late in the season to open the door for us.

But this season, We've underperformed most of the season. Once again, a nice run of form allowed us to steal back into contention, but then a few bad results after that have scuppered our chances again. Also - United's poor run has opened the door somewhat for us again. Like Si says, it's been a cripple fight most of the season.
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Mon May 04, 2015 1:01 pm
  • This season:

Last season:

Simples...
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon May 04, 2015 8:08 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Seabhac wrote:Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory....

Cripple fight?

Tuppence ha'penny looking down at tuppence
    (old Irish saying)
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

Wed May 06, 2015 4:36 am
  • Si mon

(old Mexican saying)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat May 09, 2015 9:32 am
  • Burnley have unfortunately been relegated despite their 1-0 win over Hull City.
    RApollos
    NET Practice Squad

Sat May 09, 2015 10:41 am
  • Squeeked it out - unconvincingly
    Seabhac
    NET Starter

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:20 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information