2014/15 Champion's league

MB12

Reaction score
Really enjoyed that 0-0, very hostile atmosphere (I love that about Turkish football, less so the violence/stabbing) and good chances for both sides. Arsenal should win easily in a friendly Emirates.

I'm glad that Bilbao got an away goal in Naples (Bilbao are my second team).

Not really related to this, but the Spanish Supercup is an interesting watch. Real Madrid look like they need to blend all of their talent into a team still, and Atleti look like they did last year--together and defensively strong.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Everything about that game was bad/poor. The pitch looked like, as someone put it, it was made out of a bunch of legos. Arsenal were poor but not horrendous. And that ref was horse s*** in the 2nd half. Once he pulled out the first yellow card, it almost seemed like every foul was a yellow card. Both yellows to Ramsey felt incredibly harsh, and he was called for a foul on a clean tackle that neither player reacted to.

That's not to excuse anything though. Arsenal looked poor no matter how bad the ref was at the end. What pissed me off more was the constant and unnecessary slating of Giroud on twitter from fans, calling him useless among other things, it just doesn't make sense.

I think Arsenal are fortunate to come out with a draw considering Besiktas had two golden chances that they put wide, along with that chance they tried to sneak in within 3-4 seconds of the start. It could've been 2 or 3 nil heading back to the Emirates, but it isn't and with Ozil, Mertesacker, & Podolski likely to feature, can't have many excuses to not win next Wednesday.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
ALEXIS SANCHEZ OPENS HIS ACCOUNT ON THE STROKE OF HALFTIME! 1-0 ARSENAL!!!!!!!

The goal seemingly came out of thin air!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I read that as if a thousand screaming girls were welcoming Justin Bieber to their school's prom

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":a1oiluo2 said:
I read that as if a thousand screaming girls were welcoming Justin Bieber to their school's prom

and how would you know what that's like?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":l8qyrs56 said:
Uncle Si":l8qyrs56 said:

and how would you know what that's like?

I routinely am met by the screams of excited women Gate. its a blessing and a curse. leave your mom's basement some time and go meet one..(or join them?)

also, Arsenal have tried to concede two penalties and a host of other fouls. the ref seems more interested in them winning than even they can be arsed to.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Uncle Si":tsi1fppe said:

Where's the 'like' button when you need it?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
game's getting on now isnt it....

nervous times Gate, nervous times

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1692dzly said:
I routinely am met by the screams of excited women Gate. its a blessing and a curse. leave your mom's basement some time and go meet one..(or join them?)

also, Arsenal have tried to concede two penalties and a host of other fouls. the ref seems more interested in them winning than even they can be arsed to.

Sent off Debuchy, booked Chambers before he even came on, booked Szczesny for getting the ball, I swear everyone but Flamini(which is a shock) was booked on Arsenal.

Also, I can't afford to move out at the moment, cause most of my paychecks from my job goes to helping my family pay bills so don't even attempt to say crap like that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Gatehawk":2ixblxm9 said:
Uncle Si":2ixblxm9 said:

Also, I can't afford to move out at the moment, cause most of my paychecks from my job goes to helping my family pay bills so don't even attempt to say crap like that.

here you go....

Worlds smallest violin

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3a2z2pvn said:
Gatehawk":3a2z2pvn said:
Uncle Si":3a2z2pvn said:

here you go....

Worlds smallest violin

You make really hard to have any respect for you. You almost make me want to see your house burn to the ground.

Smurf

Reaction score
Si, that was incredibly uncalled for.

And Gate your reaction wasn't any better.

Settle down lads. Don't make this hostile.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":rykdgbjo said:
Debuchy is wank. Poor managing by Arsene to leave him on so long.

Though that was a harsh decision by the referee to give Debuchy the 2nd yellow as he clearly got the ball. It was a mistake by Wenger to keep him on and the timing was bad too cause it almost seemed like the ref would even book someone for simply breathing at that point.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Looking at the pots, I'd have to say Liverpool are gonna be the most nervous cause if any EPL club ends up in a group of death, they might be the likeliest.

Of course Arsenal, City and Chelsea aren't safe from a tough draw. But being in the 3rd pot can not be any fun when you see who you could end up with.

InSuarezWeTrust

Reaction score
Gatehawk":1trnomuo said:
Looking at the pots, I'd have to say Liverpool are gonna be the most nervous cause if any EPL club ends up in a group of death, they might be the likeliest.

Of course Arsenal, City and Chelsea aren't safe from a tough draw. But being in the 3rd pot can not be any fun when you see who you could end up with.

It'll be the group of death because we're in it.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
InSuarezWeTrust":4i9v0ju3 said:
Gatehawk":4i9v0ju3 said:

It'll be the group of death because we're in it.

Would that still be the case if you wind up with say Real Madrid, PSG and Roma for example?