Mo'ne Davis

A

Anonymous

Game set for 7:30 eastern tonite.

Throws 70mph fastballs and comes into this game with 2 shutouts in the tournament.

Not bad.

BvajF NIQAA3  i

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Hard to dislike a story as cool as this!

Love the LLWS, now a dominant female pitcher, very cool.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

This clip talks a lot about pitcher eligibility in the LLWS.

Wow, what a breaking ball. So much movement and such good placement. She's good.

[youtube]bRPEEXi3_C0[/youtube]

mbtitleist

Reaction score
She got hit hard in the 2nd inning and is down 3-0 in the top of the 3rd. It could have been a lot worse, she let up the runs to the bottom of the order and managed to strike out two of the best batters for Nevada with two runners on base.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
huskylawyer":1z2paat8 said:
I just pray she isn't 19 years old lol.

(kidding aside, a great story)
13 won't be "legal" in 2018 I think. She just sqeaked past the deadline.

Largent80

Reaction score
That was a great game last night and PA. almost made a comeback. Congrats to Illinois, the first all African American LL team. At least that is what they said on the broadcast.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":3vqt92yw said:
That was a great game last night and PA. almost made a comeback. Congrats to Illinois, the first all African American LL team. At least that is what they said on the broadcast.
Yep, Vegas had their chances having their #1 starter not being able to get loose and then making late inning errors against a great team will bite you everytime. Congrats to the kids and coaches from Chicago they earned their US title! :th2thumbs:

The problem they have though is they are almost out of pitching, so don't be surprised if S. Korea hits them real hard tomorrow.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":3j5m5hd7 said:
That home plate ump was DREADFUL. I couldn't believe what he was calling strikes.
Yeah that was bad, but I saw worse in the Washington State finals, in the first game this ump had this postage stamp strike zone, both teams pitchers most of whom were studs were getting frustrated because if the pitch wasn't picture perfect, it wasn't a strike, so it was a walk-a-thon, he was "consistent" with his crappy tiny strike zone so that was the only good thing.

Luckily in the championship game the next ump had a normal strike zone.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Sports Hernia":wmqp6hp2 said:
Largent80":wmqp6hp2 said:
That home plate ump was DREADFUL. I couldn't believe what he was calling strikes.
Yeah that was bad, but I saw worse in the Washington State finals, in the first game this ump had this postage stamp strike zone, both teams pitchers most of whom were studs were getting frustrated because if the pitch wasn't picture perfect, it wasn't a strike, so it was a walk-a-thon, he was "consistent" with his crappy tiny strike zone so that was the only good thing.

As long as the strike zone is the same for both teams, then it's still fair. It sucks, but just adds a different element to the game that mirrors the way life has it's difficulties. If we were trying to teach life lessons on the ball field that is.

Such is the biggest dilemma within the game itself.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":32e3ey8d said:
Sports Hernia":32e3ey8d said:
Largent80":32e3ey8d said:

As long as the strike zone is the same for both teams, then it's still fair. It sucks, but just adds a different element to the game that mirrors the way life has it's difficulties. If we were trying to teach life lessons on the ball field that is.

Such is the biggest dilemma within the game itself.
Oh no doubt it was fair to both sides, I just think it sucked.
Played baseball most of my younger life and hated postage stamp strike zones as both a pitcher and a hitter. I always wanted the players to swing the bat, so I preferred a little bigger strikezone. Plus if the players are swinging the bats the game has a flow to it.