Showing Up Is 80 Percent Of Life: A Tribute To Dick Bavetta

byau

Reaction score
Blog post I wrote up which I thought some of you might enjoy:

"Showing Up Is 80 Percent Of Life: A Tribute To Dick Bavetta"

http://geekswing.com/wealth/empowerment ... k-bavetta/

(Quick Summary)
Dick Bavetta: Not exactly a household name. In fact, I'd bet most people had never heard of him.

Which is why I wrote my most recent blog post about him.

The story of this "everyday man" is quite inspiring as he leads us by example on how to "show up" in life.

And by showing up:

He worked as an NBA referree for 39 years and retired yesterday. For the span of 39 years he never missed a day of work. He worked 2,635 consecutive games (three more than the much more famous Cal Ripken, Jr, ironman of baseball)

And Bavetta did this up until his retirement yesterday, at the age of 74 years I should mention (74 YEARS OLD!)

Not to mention, he didn't even get the job right away. In fact his application was rejected for 9 years before he got accepted, and even after that his first 10 years in the league his performance evaluations were always towards the bottom.

He committed himself to improvement in all ways which resulted in him becoming one of the best, resulting in 39 years of night after night running up and down a basketball court keeping pace with elite athletes at the top of their game, getting into the middle of it when required with men much stronger and bigger than him.

Congrats to Dick Bavetta on an inspiring career!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
byau":35xbohod said:
Blog post I wrote up which I thought some of you might enjoy:

"Showing Up Is 80 Percent Of Life: A Tribute To Dick Bavetta"

http://geekswing.com/wealth/empowerment ... k-bavetta/

(Quick Summary)
Dick Bavetta: Not exactly a household name. In fact, I'd bet most people had never heard of him.

Which is why I wrote my most recent blog post about him.

The story of this "everyday man" is quite inspiring as he leads us by example on how to "show up" in life.

And by showing up:

He worked as an NBA referree for 39 years and retired yesterday. For the span of 39 years he never missed a day of work. He worked 2,635 consecutive games (three more than the much more famous Cal Ripken, Jr, ironman of baseball)

And Bavetta did this up until his retirement yesterday, at the age of 74 years I should mention (74 YEARS OLD!)

Not to mention, he didn't even get the job right away. In fact his application was rejected for 9 years before he got accepted, and even after that his first 10 years in the league his performance evaluations were always towards the bottom.

He committed himself to improvement in all ways which resulted in him becoming one of the best, resulting in 39 years of night after night running up and down a basketball court keeping pace with elite athletes at the top of their game, getting into the middle of it when required with men much stronger and bigger than him.

Congrats to Dick Bavetta on an inspiring career!

nice!