Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

US Mens Soccer

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
US Mens Soccer
Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 am
  • The World Cup is over, but there's still plenty to talk about with the USMNT and the coming year.

Tim Howard has decided to take the next year off from international duty, which means Guzan or Rimando will be our GK in next summer's Gold Cup. http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/08 ... ward-break

The U-18 team won a tournament in Czech Republic. http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/08 ... tournament

The next friendly is Sept. 3 @ Czech Republic. Another friendly is scheduled against Equador on 10/10 in Hartford, CT.
    Last edited by SeatownJay on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Re: US Mens Soccer
Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:28 am
  • Expect DeAndre Yedlin to start every match at RB until his move to Spurs. He needs international experience to get a work permit.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 am
  • I'm interested to see who gets the first nod to start in goal, Guzan or Rimando.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:55 pm
  • Guzan. No question.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:08 pm
  • Jermaine Jones has reportedly signed a 1½ year deal with New England. Another US International has come back to MLS.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:40 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Jermaine Jones has reportedly signed a 1½ year deal with New England. Another US International has come back to MLS.

Came to MLS for the first time*
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:51 pm
  • Roster for the upcoming friendly is out. Some really interesting names are on it.

Here is the roster:

GOALKEEPERS (3) : Cody Cropper (Southampton), Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (7) : John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Eintracht Frankfurt), Greg Garza (Club Tijuana), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Michael Orozco (Puebla), Tim Ream (Bolton)

MIDFIELDERS (7) : Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Brek Shea (Stoke City)

FORWARDS (5) : Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Joe Gyau (Borussia Dortmund II), Jordan Morris (Stanford), Rubio Rubin (Utrecht), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich)

Some REALLY interesting names on there.

Starting with Jordan Morris. Morris is a member of the Sounders Academy currently playing at Stanford. He is the first collegiate player to get called into the senior team since 1995. Morris has been on a tear for the last 2 seasons, scoring 27 goals in 28 games for the academy, and leading The Cardinal in assists last season with 7, while being second in goals at 6. Big deal him getting called up.

Other interesting names are Greg Garza, Michael Orozco and Tim Ream. Seems like Orozco and Ream and getting second bites at the USMNT cherry while Garza makes his first appearance with the big boys.

In the midfield notables include Brek Shea, who looks be getting another chance, and Hyndman and Morales are new comers (1 cap for Morales).

At forward Joe Gyau was called up again, lets see if he gets a cap this time. Bobby Wood has 1 cap and Rubin's potential cap would Tie him to the US over Mexico.

This camp seems to be all about Youth. Lets get them in and see what they got.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm
  • Seems that Klinsmann is sticking with what he said right after the World Cup and that he'd use a European based roster for this friendly and an MLS-heavy roster for the friendly in October in Connecticut.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:51 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Seems that Klinsmann is sticking with what he said right after the World Cup and that he'd use a European based roster for this friendly and an MLS-heavy roster for the friendly in October in Connecticut.

Yep, with the exception of Nick Rimando who is in an open competition with Guzan due to Howard's LOA.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:01 pm
  • Landon Donovan's farewell match with the USMNT is about to start. He's the captain and is expected to play 30 minutes or so.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:49 pm
  • MN United player Miguel Ibarra called up. Great chance for him. Great guy, good little player.

Klinsman showing the nations players he is looking at everyone.... Everyone
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:13 pm
  • The game was blah. Once Landon went off, it started a flurry of subs and the US just looked disinterested in the second half.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:20 pm
  • The U-20 USMNT qualified for the U-20 World Cup: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... world-cup/

A new coach, Andreas Herzog, has been named for the U-23 squad ahead of Olympic quailifying: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... onal-team/

And Klinsmann has named his roster for the next couple of friendlies.

Goalkeepers (3): Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Jon Kempin (Sporting Kansas City), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
    Defenders (7): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United), Shane O’Neill (Colorado Rapids), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)
    Midfielders (8): Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids), Brek Shea (Orlando City), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)
    Forwards (5): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:24 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:The U-20 USMNT qualified for the U-20 World Cup: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... world-cup/

A new coach, Andreas Herzog, has been named for the U-23 squad ahead of Olympic quailifying: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... onal-team/

And Klinsmann has named his roster for the next couple of friendlies.

Goalkeepers (3): Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Jon Kempin (Sporting Kansas City), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
    Defenders (7): Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), Steve Birnbaum (D.C. United), Matt Hedges (FC Dallas), Jermaine Jones (New England Revolution), Perry Kitchen (D.C. United), Shane O’Neill (Colorado Rapids), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham Hotspur)
    Midfielders (8): Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Mix Diskerud (New York City FC), Luis Gil (Real Salt Lake), Miguel Ibarra (Minnesota United FC), Lee Nguyen (New England Revolution), Dillon Serna (Colorado Rapids), Brek Shea (Orlando City), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC)
    Forwards (5): Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Bobby Wood (1860 Munich), Gyasi Zardes (LA Galaxy)

21 of 23 are US Based players. Only Yedlin and Wood play overseas.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 am
  • 21 players not making the most of their opportunities then?

good to see Ibarra still getting looks.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:36 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:21 players not making the most of their opportunities then?

I believe it is due the camp and the game happening on a non-Fifa date. So really, its 2 of those players not making most of their opportunities in europe that Jurgen feels he needs to get them some time with the nats.

I feel that if Clint, Jozy, Mix and co where in Europe....they wouldn't be in camp....in fact Jozy was only added after his transfer to TFC.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:06 am
  • Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:21 players not making the most of their opportunities then?

I believe it is due the camp and the game happening on a non-Fifa date. So really, its 2 of those players not making most of their opportunities in europe that Jurgen feels he needs to get them some time with the nats.

I feel that if Clint, Jozy, Mix and co where in Europe....they wouldn't be in camp....in fact Jozy was only added after his transfer to TFC.

i was just kidding... the MLS has established itself as a better landing spot for our players in honesty. The really talented players (Bradley...ummm, well Bradley) probably should be in Europe. but the rest werent getting time in the top leagues, and there really isnt much more to offer in the lower leagues than what the MLS has.

interesting that the U23 roster is a bit more diverse in the sense, with a handful more of the players overseas. name to watch (and I've mentioned him before) is Akwelle Mukalle, Minnesota player just signed with Villareal. True attacking talent.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:20 pm
  • USA vs Chile starts in 45 minutes.

USA is going to field a 3-5-2

Wood and Jozy up top
    Shea, Diskerud, Dempsey, Bradley and Yedlin in midfield
    Birnbaum, Jones, and Besler in the back.
    Rimando in goal.

I Absolutely love that we are giving this a go. Yedlin in a 352 makes so much sense. Shea on the otherside could be good.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:28 pm
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:01 pm
  • It could be too early to tell but from my observation, the new formation (3-5-2) didn't seem very effective.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:50 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:It could be too early to tell but from my observation, the new formation (3-5-2) didn't seem very effective.

might be with better players. Fabian johnson missing hurt, and Chile quickly figured out how to pick on Shea. despite his goal, he was very poor in the wing back slot. and im not sure the three in the back are the best three cbacks the US can offer up. either way, lots of confusion at times, and let chile in for easy goals.

dempsey and altidore up top is not dynamic enough either. (well Dempsey just isnt). i like Woods pace to stretch the back line and make room for the wing backs, but Dempsey cant do the same with the ball at his feet. liverpool are running this system quite effectively (except for the goal scoring part) by using a dynamic player (Coutinho, sometimes Lallana) underneath who can run with the ball. Dempsey doesnt do that anymore.

if Klinsmann wants to stay with this lineup, he will need to configure his lineup better. i'd say this must include Fabian Johnson and a true CAM (if one exists in the US program). the key players might not even be on the radar yet.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:01 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:It could be too early to tell but from my observation, the new formation (3-5-2) didn't seem very effective.

might be with better players. Fabian johnson missing hurt, and Chile quickly figured out how to pick on Shea. despite his goal, he was very poor in the wing back slot. and im not sure the three in the back are the best three cbacks the US can offer up. either way, lots of confusion at times, and let chile in for easy goals.

dempsey and altidore up top is not dynamic enough either. (well Dempsey just isnt). i like Woods pace to stretch the back line and make room for the wing backs, but Dempsey cant do the same with the ball at his feet. liverpool are running this system quite effectively (except for the goal scoring part) by using a dynamic player (Coutinho, sometimes Lallana) underneath who can run with the ball. Dempsey doesnt do that anymore.

if Klinsmann wants to stay with this lineup, he will need to configure his lineup better. i'd say this must include Fabian Johnson and a true CAM (if one exists in the US program). the key players might not even be on the radar yet.

Johnson makes this formation work...or at least better. He and Yedlin are great Wing Back type of players. Have speed, can run all day, and generally want to play attacking football.

Those are probably 3 of our top 5 or 6 CB's right now...Cameron and Gonzalez maybe could slide in.

I agree Dempsey isn't going to work at CAM....maybe 4 years ago...but not now. He needs to be up top, or not there at all.

I'd like to see a guy with pace play up top with Altidore....Wood was decent but has been out of form for a while.

As for CAM in the US System....There are a few playing in NE right now in Rowe and Nguyen.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:24 am
  • Cameron has to be one of the top 3 no?

In a 352 the cbs need to be able to control and move the ball. Let the wbs move up the field. Jones actually works in that. He just shouldn't try to dribble out. Doesn't Sporting have a young cb who is good?

The key in the 352 though is the cam. Without a diverse and attacking player there the system will struggle. I'd like to see Bradley there for now but the U.S. will need that player they've struggled to produce. There are names but I'd love to see kinsman forward chances to these 18 to 20 year olds that seem to be made for that spot sooner in the cycle than later
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:42 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:Cameron has to be one of the top 3 no?

In a 352 the cbs need to be able to control and move the ball. Let the wbs move up the field. Jones actually works in that. He just shouldn't try to dribble out. Doesn't Sporting have a young cb who is good?

The key in the 352 though is the cam. Without a diverse and attacking player there the system will struggle. I'd like to see Bradley there for now but the U.S. will need that player they've struggled to produce. There are names but I'd love to see kinsman forward chances to these 18 to 20 year olds that seem to be made for that spot sooner in the cycle than later

Cameron, yeah. top 3. My back 3 would be Cameron, Jones, Besler.

Sporting has a youngster CB they feel confident enough about to have traded Collin...his names escapes me at the moment.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:14 am
  • Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Cameron has to be one of the top 3 no?

Cameron, yeah. top 3. My back 3 would be Cameron, Jones, Besler.

Sporting has a youngster CB they feel confident enough about to have traded Collin...his names escapes me at the moment.

thats the kid AC Milan wanted. Besler mightve been the Sporting CB i was initially thinking
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:19 pm
  • I didn't get to see the match, but the US loses 3-2 to Denmark after once again giving up late goals when they had the lead.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:36 pm
  • ALL HAIL LORD BENDTNER!
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:30 pm
  • Defending was pathetic. Should've been 4-2 at the end.

That last Bendtner goal was a thing of beauty though.
    Tru2RedNGold25 wrote:Us as Niners fan have every right to rep Niners all day everyday when we have the hardware to back it up do can u guys say that???

2013 Adopt-a-rookie: #humblethug
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: Kevin Norwood
    2015 Adopt-a-rookie: Kristjan Sokoli
    razgriz737
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:28 am
  • Decent line up given who was available. But still, I believe these friendlies are a perfect time to vet the younger players, and yet Klinsmann, for all his purpose to youth development, rarely trusts it. Green saw the field from the bench, Yedlin and Rubio were late subs, Zardes and Brooks were the only "young" player to receive time.

And why Romando over Cropper? What is the point? (I realize I am the only person interested in this. I believe the kid is America's next great keeper)

Anyways, if we as supporters can let the cycle process take place without the unrealistic expectations that accompany the National team, we might see some actual fluidity in the next 3 years. Gold Cup/Copa America not withstanding.

For the game... struggled in possession throughout. This is rather usual for the US when they go overseas. Some of it is just the unfamiliarity of the group as a whole. Didn't see alot of movement off the ball going forward, but I suppose when their isn't much possession there isn't much need for movement by the front.

The defense... good lord. The first two goals were school boy stuff. No pressure on either pass, nothing layered behind the first level. Bendtner just standing alone, twice, to hit home. Disappointing. Looking at the first, it appears Zardes had been left to play the balance on the far side, only to be staring at Bendtner from 5 yards away as he tapped home. Zardes probably hasn't received alot of defensive lessons in his time. That seemed obvious.

2nd goal, again, no pressure from the left back, who stood off the ball with his hands behind his back (not sure who left back was at this time). This isn't u18s kid. Go pressure the ball, its in your defensive third, near the touch line no less. You don't get to stand off. And then, like the first, not back side support from the midfield.

Correctable. My issue is those mistakes are more about mentality than tactics.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:38 pm
  • Gboly Ariyibi will be one to watch in a couple of years.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:57 am
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:Gboly Ariyibi will be one to watch in a couple of years.

Good shout... Hadn't heard of him but I can see he's in your neighborhood. How's he look?

Nice little match this morning out your way. USMNT U-20s playing the Spurs 21s. Any thoughts on Ariyibi not on a call up? (is Chesterfield playing through the international break?)

A couple other kids worth noting at the moment are Dembakwi Yomba, currently with Atletico Madrid and Andrija Novakovich (from Wisconsin, saw him play club in Chicago a couple times) currently with Reading. Bigger name players Cameron Carter- Vickers (English born, just 16 years old, with Spurs Academy, but looks to be choosing the US despite his eligibility to play with England) and Eric Palmer-Brown (with Sporting, soon Juventus) also playing. Both those kids will be in play for USMNT starting defender positions in 2018. Emerson Hyndman will also play. 18 year old midfielder currently with Fulham. Looks a talent.

If you get a chance, take a watch. game is broadcast on the USMNT website. Edit... its not on. highlights will be though
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:11 am
  • US U-23s manhandle Bosnia & Herzegovina 5-2 today.

SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:46 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:US U-23s manhandle Bosnia & Herzegovina 5-2 today.

Just a couple of guys on that roster that may ever be in contention for a call up. U23s are kind of a purgatory for players. Like JV. But, Luis Gil, Will Packwood (rocky start to his career after some promise), Will Trapp and a couple others may.

It will be interesting to see with this group how many keep their spots for the Olympics or lose them to any of the 20s that are showcasing. U20 World Cup over the Summer will be a showcase for the best of the young players in the program. Some of the names on the roster now are sure to change (as some surpass the date cut off or are passed by the 18s and 19s). I'd imagine that in the next two years, what young players replace Dempsey, Jones, Howard (and even Donovan) will emerge in these two competitions, ready to take over after the Gold Cup and Copa America.

Pretty good breakdown of how they look at the 3 groups... [http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/03/21/21/09/150322-mnt-u23mnt-u20mnt-three-rosters-feature
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:25 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:US U-23s manhandle Bosnia & Herzegovina 5-2 today.

Just a couple of guys on that roster that may ever be in contention for a call up. U23s are kind of a purgatory for players. Like JV. But, Luis Gil, Will Packwood (rocky start to his career after some promise), Will Trapp and a couple others may.

It will be interesting to see with this group how many keep their spots for the Olympics or lose them to any of the 20s that are showcasing. U20 World Cup over the Summer will be a showcase for the best of the young players in the program. Some of the names on the roster now are sure to change (as some surpass the date cut off or are passed by the 18s and 19s). I'd imagine that in the next two years, what young players replace Dempsey, Jones, Howard (and even Donovan) will emerge in these two competitions, ready to take over after the Gold Cup and Copa America.

Pretty good breakdown of how they look at the 3 groups... [http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/03/21/21/09/150322-mnt-u23mnt-u20mnt-three-rosters-feature

You don't think Jordan Morris will evolve into a first team Nat's player?
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:03 am
  • Isn't he a u20 player Smurf?

Don't know much about him to be honest. Know he got a cap and is back at school.

My point is the 23s will find their path to the senior squad harder than the talented 20s. Times a factor for them now.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:35 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Isn't he a u20 player Smurf?

Don't know much about him to be honest. Know he got a cap and is back at school.

My point is the 23s will find their path to the senior squad harder than the talented 20s. Times a factor for them now.

He's 20, but has made 3 appearances for the U23's. He started the last game and had a goal and an assist.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:05 pm
  • Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Isn't he a u20 player Smurf?

He's 20, but has made 3 appearances for the U23's. He started the last game and had a goal and an assist.

Not with the 23s or Senior team this week and not on the u20 roster for the World Cup. Long road I'd say. But he's 20 so time to make a push.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:55 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:

Not with the 23s or Senior team this week and not on the u20 roster for the World Cup. Long road I'd say. But he's 20 so time to make a push.

This indicates that he is with the U23's: http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/03 ... roster-rel
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:35 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:Gboly Ariyibi will be one to watch in a couple of years.

Good shout... Hadn't heard of him but I can see he's in your neighborhood. How's he look?

Nice little match this morning out your way. USMNT U-20s playing the Spurs 21s. Any thoughts on Ariyibi not on a call up? (is Chesterfield playing through the international break?)

A couple other kids worth noting at the moment are Dembakwi Yomba, currently with Atletico Madrid and Andrija Novakovich (from Wisconsin, saw him play club in Chicago a couple times) currently with Reading. Bigger name players Cameron Carter- Vickers (English born, just 16 years old, with Spurs Academy, but looks to be choosing the US despite his eligibility to play with England) and Eric Palmer-Brown (with Sporting, soon Juventus) also playing. Both those kids will be in play for USMNT starting defender positions in 2018. Emerson Hyndman will also play. 18 year old midfielder currently with Fulham. Looks a talent.

If you get a chance, take a watch. game is broadcast on the USMNT website. Edit... its not on. highlights will be though

Yes Chesterfield did play through the international break and they actually won. Ariyibi played and did well coming off the bench.

He's been called up to the U-20 squad a few times but he hasnt played much until recently for Chesterfield. This probably affected his call up chances. Originally he was with Leeds and I think young players at bigger clubs get the benefit of the doubt if they arent playing regularly.

The lad is starting to turn some heads and seems to be playing with confidence. Here's a couple of assists in a recent match. I think he will do well and it will be interesting to see where he is in a few years time.

UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:17 am
  • Smurf wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:

This indicates that he is with the U23's: http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/03 ... roster-rel

Use the drop down to check the actual roster and he's not on it. Must not be updated
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:01 am

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:14 am
  • I wonder how long the Brek Shea as a defender experiment lasts. Shea doesn't really strike me as a good defender type. Who knows, it worked with Evans.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:54 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:I wonder how long the Brek Shea as a defender experiment lasts. Shea doesn't really strike me as a good defender type. Who knows, it worked with Evans.

It's also important to note that Shea is the starting left back for Orlando City SC as well....so his time at defender is not limited to the national team as Evans initial appearances were.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:18 am
  • Smurf wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:I wonder how long the Brek Shea as a defender experiment lasts. Shea doesn't really strike me as a good defender type. Who knows, it worked with Evans.

It's also important to note that Shea is the starting left back for Orlando City SC as well....so his time at defender is not limited to the national team as Evans initial appearances were.

It should also be important to note that Brek Shea is not a very good soccer player, in any position. The movement of wingers to wingbacks is taking on fresh impetus since the revival of some European club teams doing the same thing.

Also, in reverse of that, look for Yedlin to transform to a more winger, outside mid role at Tottenham.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:56 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:I wonder how long the Brek Shea as a defender experiment lasts. Shea doesn't really strike me as a good defender type. Who knows, it worked with Evans.

It should also be important to note that Brek Shea is not a very good soccer player, in any position. The movement of wingers to wingbacks is taking on fresh impetus since the revival of some European club teams doing the same thing.

Also, in reverse of that, look for Yedlin to transform to a more winger, outside mid role at Tottenham.

Lol @ Brek Shea comments. Never liked the guy to be honest.

And...Yedlin....Lets sure as hell hope he stays as a outside back...
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:14 pm
  • Makes sense for club and country if he slides up. Kyle Walker and Fabian Johnson are nailing down their spots ahead of him at the moment
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:09 pm
  • Yedlin is going to be a better RB in the end than a RM.
    Man up, stand in line.
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *

Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:38 am
  • Smurf wrote:Yedlin is going to be a better RB in the end than a RM.

I'm not sure of that. He was a very good addition of pace and attacking prowess late in World Cup matches, after Johnson had run at players for the first 60-75 minutes. It all depends on the system employed. He'd be awful as a true RM in a 442. He has looked dangerous as a RW in any variation of a 433. He'd be perfect for Rodgers 3412 at Liverpool as one of the wide players in the 4

But either way, if he's not a better RB than Kyle Walker or Fabian Johnson, it makes no sense for him... unless he changes clubs and countries.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:03 am
  • USA vs. Swiss. Guess who had a beautiful goal from a free kick?...Brek Shea. 1-0 at the half.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:14 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:USA vs. Swiss. Guess who had a beautiful goal from a free kick?...Brek Shea. 1-0 at the half.

He's been bad all half (editing.. he actually was decent, for the most part, but tired at the end), then snipes the free kick. I guess we know what he's doing in training..
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Next

It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:58 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information