Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

US Mens Soccer

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue May 29, 2018 9:15 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Other than Pulisic looking like he couldn't wait for his off season to start, first match couldn't have gone any better.

Some great young players to get excited about. Loved the energy.

Wasnt bad...

now get all those kids back to their host clubs so they can keep getting better.

They beat a team they should have beat 3-0, that's great. Because if these young kids stumbled against a poor opponent like Bolivia? We'd be hitting the panic button today.

I agree though, get em back to their clubs.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 29, 2018 10:57 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Other than Pulisic looking like he couldn't wait for his off season to start, first match couldn't have gone any better.

Wasnt bad...

now get all those kids back to their host clubs so they can keep getting better.

They beat a team they should have beat 3-0, that's great. Because if these young kids stumbled against a poor opponent like Bolivia? We'd be hitting the panic button today.

Would we?

I mean I couldve cared less really. Many of these kids won't be a part of this cycle. There is still no coach, little direction and no real implications at the moment.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue May 29, 2018 12:06 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:

Wasnt bad...

Would we?

I mean I couldve cared less really. Many of these kids won't be a part of this cycle. There is still no coach, little direction and no real implications at the moment.

Yes I'd say losing to the 57th ranked country in the first match back from trying to fix the disaster of what's been going on for the past year would be cause for panic.

All you'd read today about the match is "Is this rock bottom for the USMNT?"
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed May 30, 2018 8:55 am
  • Rock bottom was not making the World Cup. There is nothing between now and the next cycle that will measure to that. Losing to Bolivia in a friendly full of teenagers who play in Europe is not going to last 12 hours on a sports page.

Noone paying attention was interested in the game the other night outside watching promising young players get a run out. Win or lose, it would've been about assessing them as individuals, not the team as a whole.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Previous

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information