US Mens Soccer

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:59 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Smurf wrote:Putting this here as it could be potentially significant to US Soccer's future: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/u ... dre-yedlin


    It's something that will become a facet of youth club development in the near(er) future.

    I'd be surprised if Sounder's don't offer Crossfire something in the near future. Not a relationship they can afford to sour.



    MLS holds all the money from what I am getting.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4951
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:58 pm
  • Or the Sounders?

    Youth clubs typically get some recompense for when their kids get sold from top clubs that bring them in at a young age in most places in the world. To be seen if the U.S. follows suit. They should though. US is producing talent now. Youth academies should be celebrated for their efforts (and slightly rewarded)

    edit: RSL Academy prospect Brooks Lennon is on his way to Liverpool. Brooks is with the U18 National team as well.

    Another opportunity to see what compensation is given to RSL (or, in this case, their AZ affiliate).

    Also a good showing for the DA system. A good handful of that U18 DA class are signing contracts with big clubs in Europe.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:17 pm
  • who cares about soccer..... watching paint dry is as exciting.
    User avatar
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 607
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:45 am
  • Quick shout to the women....

    Great performance (bit lucky as well)
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:55 am
  • Ambrose83 wrote:who cares about soccer..... watching paint dry is as exciting.



    Great question. I'd venture to say all those people who posted in this thread... and about 95% of the world's population.

    Any other questions, bright boy?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:45 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:who cares about soccer..... watching paint dry is as exciting.



    Great question. I'd venture to say all those people who posted in this thread... and about 95% of the world's population.

    Any other questions, bright boy?[/quot

    LOL be a smart ass all you wish, If your a seattle or portand liberal I guess its cool, and I am going to venture to guess that it is only the most popular game in the world because the 80% of the world does not have football and baseball or even basketball ... so kicking a ball around all day to maybe score a goal is all they have.... you ever wonder why those announcers go bat shit crazy for a goal? I would guess it is due to the fact one was actually scored and they dont have to watch grown men running around a field playing keep away with a cute ball..... you either think soccer is cool, or you are like me and basically can think of anything more exciting then watching a 90 min 0-0 tie......
    User avatar
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 607
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:10 am
  • Ambrose83 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:who cares about soccer..... watching paint dry is as exciting.



    Great question. I'd venture to say all those people who posted in this thread... and about 95% of the world's population.

    Any other questions, bright boy?[/quot

    LOL be a smart ass all you wish, If your a seattle or portand liberal I guess its cool, and I am going to venture to guess that it is only the most popular game in the world because the 80% of the world does not have football and baseball or even basketball ... so kicking a ball around all day to maybe score a goal is all they have.... you ever wonder why those announcers go bat shit crazy for a goal? I would guess it is due to the fact one was actually scored and they dont have to watch grown men running around a field playing keep away with a cute ball..... you either think soccer is cool, or you are like me and basically can think of anything more exciting then watching a 90 min 0-0 tie......


    Did you really pop into a thread that was clearly for soccer enthusiasts just to troll people who like something that you don't? For someone who can think of 'anything more exciting' to do, you certainly don't seem to have anything but time on your hands.
    User avatar
    jkitsune
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3340
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:12 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:18 am
  • Ambrose83 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:who cares about soccer..... watching paint dry is as exciting.



    Great question. I'd venture to say all those people who posted in this thread... and about 95% of the world's population.

    Any other questions, bright boy?[/quot

    LOL be a smart ass all you wish, If your a seattle or portand liberal I guess its cool, and I am going to venture to guess that it is only the most popular game in the world because the 80% of the world does not have football and baseball or even basketball ... so kicking a ball around all day to maybe score a goal is all they have.... you ever wonder why those announcers go bat shit crazy for a goal? I would guess it is due to the fact one was actually scored and they dont have to watch grown men running around a field playing keep away with a cute ball..... you either think soccer is cool, or you are like me and basically can think of anything more exciting then watching a 90 min 0-0 tie......



    Brilliant.

    I will be sure to add your very insightful and intelligent post to the annals of great sport's and social commentary. You are the Karl Bob Marx Costa of the sporting world.

    I must say, i've not yet wondered why the announcers go bat shit crazy when a goal was scored. I simply assumed it was because they enjoyed the goal? I also was unaware that 80% of the world does not have Football (http://americanfootballtopics.blogspot.com/2009/08/american-football-in-other-countries.html), baseball (I mean i'm not even going to post a link to the Baseball World Classic. It's just dumb you don't know how popular baseball is around the world) or basketball (again... jesus christ. Try google, moron.). While you're at it, look up stuff like "hockey", "rugby" or "cricket". Go on... I even spelled them on here for you to copy (use your mouse to highlight the word, then hold the CTRL and C buttons down at the same time) and paste (now, use your mouse and drop the cursor into an empty google search and hold the CTRL and V buttons down at the same time) then hit return.

    Honestly, I just thought you were being a typical soccer hater, of which there are many. To each his own. It's not for everyone, and its popularity is by no means a reflection of "why" anyone should like it. I did not realize, however, you were actually benighted as well.

    The basic and fundamental assumptions in your flaccid argument are so erroneous, hyperbolic and ignorant I'm going to infer you are simply unable to get out of mom's basement to see the world of sport beyond your SI swimsuit issues. I could care less what one person thinks about the sport. But you lack any common sense regarding the actual make up of world sports as support of your reasoning why it's popular. Naivety is one thing, but you just lack originality. If you're going to try and bash something to those that enjoy what you're bashing, be creative. Use the internet for good. Or... just step away

    You don't have to like soccer. But you may want to shore that up with some basic facts. Or... you know, just come up with cute but ancient and unoriginal metaphors such as "watching paint dry."

    See yourself out.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 pm
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:who cares about soccer..... watching paint dry is as exciting.



    Great question. I'd venture to say all those people who posted in this thread... and about 95% of the world's population.

    Any other questions, bright boy?[/quot

    LOL be a smart ass all you wish, If your a seattle or portand liberal I guess its cool, and I am going to venture to guess that it is only the most popular game in the world because the 80% of the world does not have football and baseball or even basketball ... so kicking a ball around all day to maybe score a goal is all they have.... you ever wonder why those announcers go bat shit crazy for a goal? I would guess it is due to the fact one was actually scored and they dont have to watch grown men running around a field playing keep away with a cute ball..... you either think soccer is cool, or you are like me and basically can think of anything more exciting then watching a 90 min 0-0 tie......



    Brilliant.

    I will be sure to add your very insightful and intelligent post to the annals of great sport's and social commentary. You are the Karl Bob Marx Costa of the sporting world.

    I must say, i've not yet wondered why the announcers go bat shit crazy when a goal was scored. I simply assumed it was because they enjoyed the goal? I also was unaware that 80% of the world does not have Football (http://americanfootballtopics.blogspot.com/2009/08/american-football-in-other-countries.html), baseball (I mean i'm not even going to post a link to the Baseball World Classic. It's just dumb you don't know how popular baseball is around the world) or basketball (again... jesus christ. Try google, moron.). While you're at it, look up stuff like "hockey", "rugby" or "cricket". Go on... I even spelled them on here for you to copy (use your mouse to highlight the word, then hold the CTRL and C buttons down at the same time) and paste (now, use your mouse and drop the cursor into an empty google search and hold the CTRL and V buttons down at the same time) then hit return.

    Honestly, I just thought you were being a typical soccer hater, of which there are many. To each his own. It's not for everyone, and its popularity is by no means a reflection of "why" anyone should like it. I did not realize, however, you were actually benighted as well.

    The basic and fundamental assumptions in your flaccid argument are so erroneous, hyperbolic and ignorant I'm going to infer you are simply unable to get out of mom's basement to see the world of sport beyond your SI swimsuit issues. I could care less what one person thinks about the sport. But you lack any common sense regarding the actual make up of world sports as support of your reasoning why it's popular. Naivety is one thing, but you just lack originality. If you're going to try and bash something to those that enjoy what you're bashing, be creative. Use the internet for good. Or... just step away

    You don't have to like soccer. But you may want to shore that up with some basic facts. Or... you know, just come up with cute but ancient and unoriginal metaphors such as "watching paint dry."

    See yourself out.



    lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... is the world cup or the SB the most watched sporting event from a tv standpoint. ...... I could sit on my ass all day posting on here and even looking stuff up... but I have a real job that requires I actually do shit with my time aside from that stuff.... based on your last rant I have no doubts however, that you have plenty of time to look it up for the both of us. Seeing as this is a football board ( not soccer) why don't you tell me what countries aside from the US and Canada have legit professional leagues. The entire world plays soccer... baseball is a close second for sure.
    User avatar
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 607
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:54 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:13 pm
  • Ambrose83 wrote:
    lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... is the world cup or the SB the most watched sporting event from a tv standpoint. ...... I could sit on my ass all day posting on here and even looking stuff up... but I have a real job that requires I actually do shit with my time aside from that stuff.... based on your last rant I have no doubts however, that you have plenty of time to look it up for the both of us. Seeing as this is a football board ( not soccer) why don't you tell me what countries aside from the US and Canada have legit professional leagues. The entire world plays soccer... baseball is a close second for sure.



    Ahem,

    Image

    Now get out of my thread.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4951
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:51 pm
  • Ambrose83 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Great question. I'd venture to say all those people who posted in this thread... and about 95% of the world's population.

    Any other questions, bright boy?[/quot

    LOL be a smart ass all you wish, If your a seattle or portand liberal I guess its cool, and I am going to venture to guess that it is only the most popular game in the world because the 80% of the world does not have football and baseball or even basketball ... so kicking a ball around all day to maybe score a goal is all they have.... you ever wonder why those announcers go bat shit crazy for a goal? I would guess it is due to the fact one was actually scored and they dont have to watch grown men running around a field playing keep away with a cute ball..... you either think soccer is cool, or you are like me and basically can think of anything more exciting then watching a 90 min 0-0 tie......



    Brilliant.

    I will be sure to add your very insightful and intelligent post to the annals of great sport's and social commentary. You are the Karl Bob Marx Costa of the sporting world.

    I must say, i've not yet wondered why the announcers go bat shit crazy when a goal was scored. I simply assumed it was because they enjoyed the goal? I also was unaware that 80% of the world does not have Football (http://americanfootballtopics.blogspot.com/2009/08/american-football-in-other-countries.html), baseball (I mean i'm not even going to post a link to the Baseball World Classic. It's just dumb you don't know how popular baseball is around the world) or basketball (again... jesus christ. Try google, moron.). While you're at it, look up stuff like "hockey", "rugby" or "cricket". Go on... I even spelled them on here for you to copy (use your mouse to highlight the word, then hold the CTRL and C buttons down at the same time) and paste (now, use your mouse and drop the cursor into an empty google search and hold the CTRL and V buttons down at the same time) then hit return.

    Honestly, I just thought you were being a typical soccer hater, of which there are many. To each his own. It's not for everyone, and its popularity is by no means a reflection of "why" anyone should like it. I did not realize, however, you were actually benighted as well.

    The basic and fundamental assumptions in your flaccid argument are so erroneous, hyperbolic and ignorant I'm going to infer you are simply unable to get out of mom's basement to see the world of sport beyond your SI swimsuit issues. I could care less what one person thinks about the sport. But you lack any common sense regarding the actual make up of world sports as support of your reasoning why it's popular. Naivety is one thing, but you just lack originality. If you're going to try and bash something to those that enjoy what you're bashing, be creative. Use the internet for good. Or... just step away

    You don't have to like soccer. But you may want to shore that up with some basic facts. Or... you know, just come up with cute but ancient and unoriginal metaphors such as "watching paint dry."

    See yourself out.



    lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... is the world cup or the SB the most watched sporting event from a tv standpoint. ...... I could sit on my ass all day posting on here and even looking stuff up... but I have a real job that requires I actually do shit with my time aside from that stuff.... based on your last rant I have no doubts however, that you have plenty of time to look it up for the both of us. Seeing as this is a football board ( not soccer) why don't you tell me what countries aside from the US and Canada have legit professional leagues. The entire world plays soccer... baseball is a close second for sure.


    "Lol?" Is your full time job shopping at Rue 21 and listening to Taylor Swift songs? So your come back is you're too busy to respond, while you are responding?

    Christ on a bike, bright boy right there.


    In a battle wits, it doesn't help to be unarmed.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:12 am
  • The US's path through the Gold Cup just got a little easier. Chicharito suffered a fractured collarbone in Mexico's friendly with Honduras last night and is expected to miss most, if not all, of the Gold Cup.

    http://screamer.deadspin.com/chicharito ... 1715336646
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9265
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:56 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:The US's path through the Gold Cup just got a little easier. Chicharito suffered a fractured collarbone in Mexico's friendly with Honduras last night and is expected to miss most, if not all, of the Gold Cup.

    http://screamer.deadspin.com/chicharito ... 1715336646


    Bummer for him. I like Hernandez.

    I wonder what this means for his future. He's been the subject of some interest in Spain, England and the US. Collarbones can be a lengthy process.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:58 pm
  • big win today vs Guatemala. 4-0 dismantling. Timmy Chandler had a hell of a strike.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4951
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:27 pm
  • Yedlin looking good in the midfield/wing. He's much better there than as a defender. Kilinsman did what Sigi should have done while Yedlin was a Sounder.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6277
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:46 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Yedlin looking good in the midfield/wing. He's much better there than as a defender. Kilinsman did what Sigi should have done while Yedlin was a Sounder.


    Other than the fact that he had a sure goal and tried to get cheeky with it. Finishing will come with time.
    CurryStopstheRuns
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3092
    Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:22 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Yedlin looking good in the midfield/wing. He's much better there than as a defender. Kilinsman did what Sigi should have done while Yedlin was a Sounder.



    His transition has been pretty stellar thus far. Although I disagree with the thought that Sigi should have initiated the transition. Yedlin's defensive abilities and knowledge will only help him be a more complete player. He is creating quite the toolset for himself.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4951
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:12 am
  • So...

    4 diamond 2 with Dempsey and Altidore.

    Zardes and Yedlin wide and Beckerman in the 6..

    Interesting. Game looked muddled at times, but Yedlin's pace and play off Dempsey was critical.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:23 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:So...

    4 diamond 2 with Dempsey and Altidore.

    Zardes and Yedlin wide and Beckerman in the 6..

    Interesting. Game looked muddled at times, but Yedlin's pace and play off Dempsey was critical.


    I thought Zardes also had a great match holding up the ball at key times and out physical-ing the smaller Honduras back line.

    But yeah, overall a pretty ugly match. But like the women's WC run, I expect the men to play better as the tournament goes along.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:46 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:So...

    4 diamond 2 with Dempsey and Altidore.

    Zardes and Yedlin wide and Beckerman in the 6..

    Interesting. Game looked muddled at times, but Yedlin's pace and play off Dempsey was critical.


    I thought Zardes also had a great match holding up the ball at key times and out physical-ing the smaller Honduras back line.

    But yeah, overall a pretty ugly match. But like the women's WC run, I expect the men to play better as the tournament goes along.


    I thought Beckerman lost the pace throughout, and just didnt have the quality to string possession together. He seemed to be looking at the backs of the Hondurans while facing his own goal far too often for that role. Not sure what the solution is. Jermaine Jones I guess, but he's not available.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:51 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    I thought Beckerman lost the pace throughout, and just didnt have the quality to string possession together. He seemed to be looking at the backs of the Hondurans while facing his own goal far too often for that role. Not sure what the solution is. Jermaine Jones I guess, but he's not available.


    IMO both Beckerman and Bradley looked REALLY slow on the ball against a much younger and faster Honduras midfield. Bradley was able to right the ship as the match wore on and come up with some nice passes.......Beckerman did not, which resulted in him staying too far back because he was afraid of getting beat on the counter. Probably why Klinsmann was yelling at him to get forward pretty much the entire match.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:37 pm
  • scrappy win, but to be expected with that heavy of a squad rotation.

    If anything this game proved that Dempsey isn't a midfielder anymore. Can't play the CAM role at that level. At half when Zardes came on and Dempsey went up top with Johansson the game changed. Not only was Zardes play great, but Dempsey was clearly more comfortable.

    Will be interesting to see what lineup Klinsman roles out for our third game (meaningless as we've already won the group)....
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4951
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:36 pm
  • Ambrose83 wrote:lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... .


    You are probably too fat to play - that's why.
    Last edited by Seabhac on Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    Seabhac
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:44 pm
  • Smurf wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:
    lol is that the best you have? come on now... you can do better cant you... soccer is lame..... it is the only sport I never played and had no desire to do so, let me get this straight.... is the world cup or the SB the most watched sporting event from a tv standpoint. ...... I could sit on my ass all day posting on here and even looking stuff up... but I have a real job that requires I actually do shit with my time aside from that stuff.... based on your last rant I have no doubts however, that you have plenty of time to look it up for the both of us. Seeing as this is a football board ( not soccer) why don't you tell me what countries aside from the US and Canada have legit professional leagues. The entire world plays soccer... baseball is a close second for sure.



    Ahem,

    Image

    Now get out of my thread.


    Rugby World Cup has broken top 10 and may be be in Third place after this years finals.
    User avatar
    Seabhac
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 365
    Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:37 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:45 pm
  • Jamaica is running the US off the pitch so far in the semifinal. It's 2-0 Reggae Boyz already and it's not even halftime.
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9265
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:55 pm
  • This was one of the most disappointing matches I've seen the US play in a while.
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9265
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:20 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:This was one of the most disappointing matches I've seen the US play in a while.


    Definitely disappointing. They didn't look good against Panama earlier either.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6277
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:46 pm
  • Dampens the excitement of the friendlies...
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:50 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:Jamaica is running the US off the pitch so far in the semifinal. It's 2-0 Reggae Boyz already and it's not even halftime.


    "Running" is the perfect word.

    Holy moly did we look slow, especially Bradley, Beckerman, Evans and Johnson. Hell, if you're not going to start Yedlin at mid, why not start him at right back to inject some speed on the back line?

    And I'm so done with Beckerman. Dude plays scared because he's old and slow, so he plays deep which screws up the entire midfield shape and attack. Bradley had a horrible first half, but hard to blame him since he had to cover twice as much ground because Beckerman wouldn't get off the back line.

    Big props to Jamaica, they took advantage of their set pieces with a couple brilliant goals. But no way we should have lost that match.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:55 pm
  • I hate Klinsmann and just wish they'd get rid of him. He's not worth an analysis why, which I could give, but won't waste my time on him. My analysis: He sucks.
    Richard Sherman doesn't just wanna get in your head, he wants to build a vacation home there.

    I dont care who but just get kapershit outa here.- rlkats
    User avatar
    SalishHawkFan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6004
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:39 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:52 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:I hate Klinsmann and just wish they'd get rid of him. He's not worth an analysis why, which I could give, but won't waste my time on him. My analysis: He sucks.


    I'd actually prefer an analysis....he's reshaped soccer in this country over the last 5-6 years. One loss to Jamaica in preparatory tournament with half your players shouldn't diminish that.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:39 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:I hate Klinsmann and just wish they'd get rid of him. He's not worth an analysis why, which I could give, but won't waste my time on him. My analysis: He sucks.

    The only problem with canning Klinsmann right now, besides all the money he'd be owed, is who can you realistically hire at this time that would be a definite improvement?
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9265
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:58 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:
    SalishHawkFan wrote:I hate Klinsmann and just wish they'd get rid of him. He's not worth an analysis why, which I could give, but won't waste my time on him. My analysis: He sucks.

    The only problem with canning Klinsmann right now, besides all the money he'd be owed, is who can you realistically hire at this time that would be a definite improvement?


    That's not close to the "only" problem.

    Klinsmann has redefined the structure, identity, organization and approach of the entire US soccer system. It's not just about the senior team at this point.
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:56 am
  • SalishHawkFan wrote:I hate Klinsmann and just wish they'd get rid of him. He's not worth an analysis why, which I could give, but won't waste my time on him. My analysis: He sucks.


    I'm with Si, I wasn't a big Klinsmann fan when they first hired him because I didn't think the US had the technical talent and soccer IQ in it's players to play the more abstract "Euro" style of soccer with movement, space and possession.

    But Jurgen's showed that we can play that way, and that gives me hope.............even if the results aren't always there.

    I admired Bradley and what he meant to growing US soccer, but I always felt his direct rudimentary style of coaching was defeatist.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:03 pm
  • I think a lot of people just underestimated Jamaica and we are seeing a bit of a visceral reaction because of it. Jamaica has arguably the best back line in Concacaf, seriously this is a team that played in Copa America and only gave up 3 goals total to teams with much more attacking prowess than the USA.
    Jamaican isn't great going forward from the run of play, but they are great on set pieces, that's what killed us.

    I honestly don't see why anyone is calling for Klinsmans head and SI nailed it... It's one game

    On a side note Michael Bradley drives me f-ing crazy, why the f*** does he keep trying olimpicos, I know he's scored one but this is getting ridiculous. I genuinely feel like he's wasting opportunities, he's not Pirlo hell he's not even Fabian Johnson let's stop trying fancy shots from free kicks and corners 2-4 times a game and you know... use our size and athleticism.
    knownone
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1284
    Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:10 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:15 am
  • knownone wrote:
    On a side note Michael Bradley drives me f-ing crazy, why the f*** does he keep trying olimpicos, I know he's scored one but this is getting ridiculous. I genuinely feel like he's wasting opportunities, he's not Pirlo hell he's not even Fabian Johnson let's stop trying fancy shots from free kicks and corners 2-4 times a game and you know... use our size and athleticism.


    I think Bradley presses when Jozy's not on the pitch, he feels like he needs to provide goals, because let's face it Johannsson hasn't proven squat with the opportunities Jurgen's given him. In fact, he had a golden opportunity in the first half and missed.

    Bradley did not have a good match, but IMO he pressed because other than Clint there was no one else on the pitch that was a dependable goal scorer........or even creating chances.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:23 pm
  • John Brooks is an absolute waste of a roster spot. But because he's from Germany Klinsmann insists on repeatedly starting him.
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9265
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:42 pm
  • Wow.

    This is a unbelievably poor performance by the USMNT today. Defense is getting just shredded over and over again.

    We are extremely fortunate to not be down by 3 or 4 goals at this point.

    Aaaaaaaaaaand, Dempsey scores as I type this to tie it up at 1-1.
    User avatar
    Chapow
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2322
    Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:40 pm
  • Why is Joe Corona on the USMNT? He is flat-out awful.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6277
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:41 am
  • So with all the fallout in CONCACAF regarding the corruption investigations, CONCACAF may not participate in next year's Copa America Centenario. That would mean the US would not host the tournament.

    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... -involved/
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9265
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:26 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:So with all the fallout in CONCACAF regarding the corruption investigations, CONCACAF may not participate in next year's Copa America Centenario. That would mean the US would not host the tournament.

    http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... -involved/


    Posturing I feel...


    No way they give up the revenue from having it here...
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:45 am
  • Image
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:00 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Image



    Neymar...
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:43 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Image



    Neymar...


    I expected Brazil to win, but I didn't expect the US to look like utter garbage not even belonging on the same pitch.

    And from seeing how good Mexico looked against a very stacked Argentina squad? I think we're in big trouble October 10th.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 11085
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:05 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Image



    Neymar...


    I expected Brazil to win, but I didn't expect the US to look like utter garbage not even belonging on the same pitch.

    And from seeing how good Mexico looked against a very stacked Argentina squad? I think we're in big trouble October 10th.


    That wasn't more than 4 of the U.S. starters for that game, nor the formation they will roll out for Mexico

    But Mexico did look good
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:07 am
  • So with the US stumbling through the Gold Cup, then losing to Mexico in the CONCACAF playoff for the 2017 Confederations Cup, there is a lot of talk out there about Klinsmann's act wearing thin. My question to those who are more knowledgeable than me of high level international soccer is this. If US Soccer decides now is the time to dump Klinsmann, who is out there that would be both an improvement and a realistic replacement?
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9265
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:21 am
  • SeatownJay wrote:So with the US stumbling through the Gold Cup, then losing to Mexico in the CONCACAF playoff for the 2017 Confederations Cup, there is a lot of talk out there about Klinsmann's act wearing thin. My question to those who are more knowledgeable than me of high level international soccer is this. If US Soccer decides now is the time to dump Klinsmann, who is out there that would be both an improvement and a realistic replacement?



    Bruce Arena

    Miguel Herrerra

    are two names I've heard.
    Image
    Man up, stand in line.
    User avatar
    Smurf
    * NET Fan Boy *
     
    Posts: 4951
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am
    Location: Brier, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:37 am
  • Smurf wrote:
    SeatownJay wrote:So with the US stumbling through the Gold Cup, then losing to Mexico in the CONCACAF playoff for the 2017 Confederations Cup, there is a lot of talk out there about Klinsmann's act wearing thin. My question to those who are more knowledgeable than me of high level international soccer is this. If US Soccer decides now is the time to dump Klinsmann, who is out there that would be both an improvement and a realistic replacement?



    Bruce Arena

    Miguel Herrerra

    are two names I've heard.


    Didn't Bruce already have a stint coaching the USMNT before Bob Bradley? Arena wouldn't be much of an upgrade over Klinsman.
    User avatar
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6277
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:10 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


Re: US Mens Soccer
Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:04 pm
  • Arena nor Herrera are not real options

    Could see Caleb Porter, Claudia Reyna locally. If they look internationally there are a host of names
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 11851
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


Re: US Mens Soccer
Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:29 pm
  • Despite a few rumors to the contrary, the U.S. will host the 2016 Copa America Centenario.

    http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/10 ... 14485585=1
    Image

    2014 Adopt-A-Rookie: Kiero Small
    2015 Adopt-A-Rookie: Tyler Lockett
    2016 Adopt-A-Rookie: Joey Hunt
    User avatar
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 9265
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
    Location: Hagerstown, MD


PreviousNext


It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 5:36 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]




Information
  • Who is online
  • Users browsing this forum: Bobblehead and 6 guests