Pistorius found not guilty

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Pistorius found not guilty
Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:27 am
  • Judge says no premeditated murder, but other charges still pending.

Hmmm.
    HoustonHawk82

Re: Pistorius found not guilty
Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:15 am
  • He have OJ's lawyers?
    Last edited by -The Glove- on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:20 am
  • Well, it's not over by any stretch. Although he has been cleared of the worst charges, he may still be guilty of the equivalent of a manslaughter charge.
    HoustonHawk82

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:09 am
  • HoustonHawk82 wrote:Well, it's not over by any stretch. Although he has been cleared of the worst charges, he may still be guilty of the equivalent of a manslaughter charge.

and serious jail time...

i think he ends up with some jail time. the fact that it wasnt premeditated doesnt excuse him firing his gun through a shut door without knowing whats on the other side.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:13 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:
    HoustonHawk82 wrote:Well, it's not over by any stretch. Although he has been cleared of the worst charges, he may still be guilty of the equivalent of a manslaughter charge.

and serious jail time...

i think he ends up with some jail time. the fact that it wasnt premeditated doesnt excuse him firing his gun through a shut door without knowing whats on the other side.

I agree.

Gonna get slapped for firing that weapon through the door when she was on the other side of it.
    HoustonHawk82

Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:46 am
  • I felt that he was guilty of murdering her. But I seriously doubted that there was anything in the sense of premeditation in it. Calling it "Premeditated Murder" just didn't make sense to me.
    Gatehawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:02 pm
  • He is an evil bastard, or crazy. Only way to explain the death of his girlfriend.
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:59 pm
  • MLOhawks wrote:He is an evil bastard, or crazy. Only way to explain the death of his girlfriend.

I agree,he is a sick slimeball
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:40 am
  • Defendant left the court house with a spring in his step
    hawkstrap
    NET Rookie

Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:48 am
  • Her family's gotta be pretty disappointed. Didn't follow the trial but wasn't his excuse that he thought she was an intruder?
    Laloosh
    NET Veteran

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:29 am
  • Laloosh wrote:Her family's gotta be pretty disappointed. Didn't follow the trial but wasn't his excuse that he thought she was an intruder?

yep...

and in South African law (of which I am now an expert) the culpable homocide sentence may not actually lead to any jail time.

They dont view prison in South Africa as punitive, but rather a place to hold people who are dangers to society, or to illustrate that the crime they committed has serious consequences so as to deter future similar acts. in acknowledging that the did not mean to kill his girlfriend, he is extremely unlikely to repeat any such act again.

weird, i suppose, but apparently thats how they view it down there (OK, i'm not an expert)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:57 am
  • hawkstrap wrote:Defendant left the court house with a spring in his step

Strap, you're killing me.
    HoustonHawk82

Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:01 pm
  • I would guess he will get manslaughter charges to stick. Dumb ass firing into his bathroom?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information