Pistorius found not guilty

A

Anonymous

Judge says no premeditated murder, but other charges still pending.

Hmmm.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Well, it's not over by any stretch. Although he has been cleared of the worst charges, he may still be guilty of the equivalent of a manslaughter charge.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2rlc06ep said:
Well, it's not over by any stretch. Although he has been cleared of the worst charges, he may still be guilty of the equivalent of a manslaughter charge.

and serious jail time...

i think he ends up with some jail time. the fact that it wasnt premeditated doesnt excuse him firing his gun through a shut door without knowing whats on the other side.

OP
OP
A

Anonymous

Uncle Si":3mb0ezdl said:
HoustonHawk82":3mb0ezdl said:

and serious jail time...

i think he ends up with some jail time. the fact that it wasnt premeditated doesnt excuse him firing his gun through a shut door without knowing whats on the other side.

I agree.

Gonna get slapped for firing that weapon through the door when she was on the other side of it.

Gatehawk

Reaction score
I felt that he was guilty of murdering her. But I seriously doubted that there was anything in the sense of premeditation in it. Calling it "Premeditated Murder" just didn't make sense to me.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MLOhawks":1wx65buy said:
He is an evil bastard, or crazy. Only way to explain the death of his girlfriend.
I agree,he is a sick slimeball

Laloosh

Reaction score
Her family's gotta be pretty disappointed. Didn't follow the trial but wasn't his excuse that he thought she was an intruder?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Laloosh":1s2wwxxr said:
Her family's gotta be pretty disappointed. Didn't follow the trial but wasn't his excuse that he thought she was an intruder?

yep...

and in South African law (of which I am now an expert) the culpable homocide sentence may not actually lead to any jail time.

They dont view prison in South Africa as punitive, but rather a place to hold people who are dangers to society, or to illustrate that the crime they committed has serious consequences so as to deter future similar acts. in acknowledging that the did not mean to kill his girlfriend, he is extremely unlikely to repeat any such act again.

weird, i suppose, but apparently thats how they view it down there (OK, i'm not an expert)

Largent80

Reaction score
I would guess he will get manslaughter charges to stick. Dumb ass firing into his bathroom?