Seattle Sounders win 4th US Open Cup Title!

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
3-1 in extra time over Philadelphia Union.

Dempsey with the game winning goal.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Nice. Oba had an assist and a match clinching goal.

It's ridiculous that the major networks don't pick up this game. It's a championship final. More people would watch this than fricking beach volleyball or minor league baseball.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
Raise your hand if you expected 6 years ago that Seattle would win 4 US Open cups in 6 years.

*silence*

razgriz737

Reaction score
The stream I found was really laggy so I had to rely on Ross Fletcher's audio for most of the game. Even still it was such an exciting match! It's really a shame it wasn't on a regular network.

Sounders till I die!

SonicHawk

Reaction score
How in the world did the Union not score in the last ~15 or so minutes just baffles me.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1b9lawyc said:
How in the world did the Union not score in the last ~15 or so minutes just baffles me.
Divine intervention? I dunno, but I would say that it was probably Frei's best performance of the year.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
hawkfan68":swkntcix said:
Nice. Oba had an assist and a match clinching goal.

It's ridiculous that the major networks don't pick up this game. It's a championship final. More people would watch this than fricking beach volleyball or minor league baseball.

The major networks don't have the ability to just pick it up. GolTV won the contract from USSF several years ago. The problem is GolTV has extremely limited distrubtion. This issue came up during the 2012 final against SKC as well.

Hopefully during the next contract negotiations a more widely distributed channel will pony up the dough. USSF would be wise to package it together with USMNT WCQ tv rights.