FIFA might take away Qatar's chance to host the World Cup

korboko

Reaction score
All because it's too hot. So, does this mean the USA gets a chance on becoming the host country in 2022?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
korboko":1gfnk9p3 said:
All because it's too hot. So, does this mean the USA gets a chance on becoming the host country in 2022?

IF (and its a big one at that) they do it will be on the guise of it being too hot. But any decision to move locations will be due to the vast corruption that gave Qatar the rights in the first place, and the subsequent human rights ordeal that has encompassed the working conditions since.

it is my understanding that they would go to a rebidding. But I believe the US and Britain were next in line

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
The heat is just an excuse. Fifa know they messed up, it's clear as day that the judges were bribed $$$$$$. The fact they, a nation not much bigger/if bigger than Seattle got it along with Russia and it's political situation, it's racism problem in the sports and vast distances between stadiums says a lot.

I hope the U.S get it. The initial big stated that both Century Link and Husky stadium would be used due to the recent renovations. That would be awesome to see a world cup game in my own back yard. If not the U.S then England has the infrastructure and would make a good tournament. I feel though that Australia would probably benefit most out of hosting it given that their domestic league is in a similar state to early MLS right now.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
It's too hot? That's the only reason? Lol...look at how they treat immigrant workers in that country. Or how many has died while building the facilities required. But yeah...it's too hot

Brahn

Reaction score
Heat they speak of is obviously from International pressure and not the weather.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No...

understand this, FIFA is not under any (and I mean ANY) pressure from international governing bodies... of any kind.

In fact, FIFA give absolutely this many...0 f---s about migrant workers, the common health and welfare of the general populace of the nation they choose to host their events or what damage these events do the nations once they're gone.

In fact, FIFA only cares about one thing... FIFA.

If, and it is an enormous if, FIFA cave in and take the World Cup from Qatar it will be because of the blatant corruption that is undermining their own organization that could open it to fracture.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So, while the full report won't be released by FIFA for "legal reasons" :roll: , they are releasing a CliffNotes version written by Joachim Eckert, chairman of the adjudicatory chamber of FIFA's independent ethics committee, that, according to Michael Garcia, the author of the original report, "contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions."

Eckert's report basically states that, while there were improprieties with the bids of Russia and Qatar, they didn't materially affect the process, and that England's actions were just as bad. I find it interesting that England was one of the loudest complainants of this bidding process and FIFA is trying to spin the report to try and single them out as being just as bad, if not worse than, the countries they were complaining about.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
This topic needs to be in the shack. Can't talk about FIFA with the level of respect they deserve in here.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Hawkspur":3gqrkhlt said:
This topic needs to be in the shack. Can't talk about FIFA with the level of respect they deserve in here.
Feel free to share in the thread I just started. :)

sturg78

Reaction score
The world cup I Qatar is a joke. They already said drinking is banned and that any openly homosexual individuals will be dealt with according to local law. Couple that and the death/per day rate of workers being forced to work on the stadium and it's going to cost a lot of money to keep it in Qatar. Unfortunately money is the thing Qatar has damn all of. I would love to see the exact amount FIFA ends up selling the remaining of its soul for.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":byfmtf50 said:
No...

understand this, FIFA is not under any (and I mean ANY) pressure from international governing bodies... of any kind..

This.

It'd take an asteroid striking Qatar to get the WC out of there with all the payola bribe money they paid to get the WC.

Hell, now they're even talking about moving the WC to fall/winter because of all the people complaining about how it's going to be the temperature of the sun's surface in summer.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Sony becomes the second worldwide sponsor to leave FIFA recently, maybe the lost money will finally sink in.

http://www.espnfc.us/fifa-world-cup/sto ... eport-says

The move by the Japanese electronics maker would follow Emirates Airline's announcement this month that it was ending its FIFA sponsorship, a blow to the governing body as it investigates whether there was corruption in the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups.