Royal's stun A's, MLB.com runs Dewey defeats Truman headline

kearly

Reaction score
Unbelievable game, and it's hilarious that the official write-up was apparently written before the bottom of the ninth was played. Follow this link, and if it's been fixed, here's a screenshot.

Attachments

• A's-win,-except-they-didn't.jpg
    A's-win,-except-they-didn't.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 1,862

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Shades of 1985. It's starting to get fun here FINALLY! People are excited and starting to talk baseball and football with me.:)

I'm impressed with the Royals they have grit.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1l9p1ka2 said:
Shades of 1985. It's starting to get fun here FINALLY! People are excited and starting to talk baseball and football with me.:)

Happy for you Mizzou. I'll be rooting for the Royals the whole way!

jkitsune

Reaction score
Oh hey, of course you're a Royals fan. Congrats! Warms the heart to see a team with such a long drought have such a thrilling win.

Especially over Oakland.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
jkitsune":3ecm1kqi said:
Oh hey, of course you're a Royals fan. Congrats! Warms the heart to see a team with such a long drought have such a thrilling win.

Especially over Oakland.
I am not a Royals fan I just like baseball and have never disliked the Royals they seem to be a mirror image of the Mariners but with a better management situation and drafting in most cases. (Their disadvantage is that they have a lower end of possible revenue streams and possible hard cap on how high their salary cap can go then the Mariners).

So it's an easy choice for me to root for them IF the Mariners aren't in the mix.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
That game was awesome.

Royals are my team this October (and for one day in September). I can't stand any other team in the playoffs besides the Pirates.

Pirates/Royals WS!!!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SonicHawk":3gu0mq07 said:
That game was awesome.

Royals are my team this October (and for one day in September). I can't stand any other team in the playoffs besides the Pirates.

Pirates/Royals WS!!!
That would be awesome.

Maulbert

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":trg25ive said:
SonicHawk":trg25ive said:
That game was awesome.

Pirates/Royals WS!!!
That would be awesome.

I concur. I could also deal with Baltimore making it through. But whatever happens, I hope to god the Nationals don't make the World Series. That would leave the Mariners as the only team in Major League Baseball that has never even made it to the World Series. :(

IndyHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":36xp1qz2 said:

Which is it?Cards or Royals??Are the M's your #3?I remember 85 when Sabes was the ace and they beat the Cards..I didn't think that would be the end of the Royals till now...Good to see them beat the A's we know who the pretender was..