I'm still a Mariner fan but...............

Discuss any and all sports-related topics. From the College Sports to Baseball and everything in between. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
I'm still a Mariner fan but...............
Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:00 pm
  • How bout them Royals huh?
    Kansashawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Kansashawkfan wrote:How bout them Royals huh?

It's exactly like 1985 but with a better and younger team it's absolutely whacky. I'm in shock.

They're going to destroy St. Louis or San Francisco.
    MizzouHawkGal
    .NET Protector of the Hotties

• The pessimist in me says "still have to win one more to get to the big dance". I hope they play the Cards! (You know, the whole 85 thing).
    Kansashawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Kansashawkfan wrote:The pessimist in me says "still have to win one more to get to the big dance". I hope they play the Cards! (You know, the whole 85 thing).

Up 3-0 with 2 more at the K? Yeah color me not worried. Also NEVER underestimate the Cardinals they're the Spurs of MLB. It will happen.
    MizzouHawkGal

• MizzouHawkGal wrote:
    Kansashawkfan wrote:The pessimist in me says "still have to win one more to get to the big dance". I hope they play the Cards! (You know, the whole 85 thing).

Up 3-0 with 2 more at the K? Yeah color me not worried. Also NEVER underestimate the Cardinals they're the Spurs of MLB. It will happen.

I like your style kiddo.
    Kansashawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Royals are by far playing the best ball. I think SF is playing better than their talent level as well. Would definitely be rooting for KC over SF.
    SonicHawk
    NET Veteran

• Congrats to the Royals. Very impressive.
    bigtrain21
    * NET GIF Master *

• SonicHawk wrote:Royals are by far playing the best ball. I think SF is playing better than their talent level as well. Would definitely be rooting for KC over SF.

This
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little overreaction I admit, but after living out here for twelve years now. It's really fun. Would still rather see the M's do it. I always said I would never root for these guys. I can't believe I'm caught up in all this. 4 wins from the championship! I want to sweep the Giants.
    Kansashawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Kansashawkfan wrote:YYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little overreaction I admit, but after living out here for twelve years now. It's really fun. Would still rather see the M's do it. I always said I would never root for these guys. I can't believe I'm caught up in all this. 4 wins from the championship! I want to sweep the Giants.

It's all good. The Royals have always been my second favorite AL team but my current problem is the fact that the ONLY NL team I have ever liked or pulled for are the Giants. Either way the Royals will win against whoever makes it to the dance.

I'm thinking of getting some tickets given can get to the stadium easily on the bus within 15-20 minutes and back home same way. I live close enough to see the fireworks they do after each win if they're playing at the K.:)
    MizzouHawkGal

• I just want a good series, at this point I don't care who gets in or wins. Good baseball is all I want to see! The Royals are a great story so I root for them I suppose.....
    m0ng0
    NET Veteran

• Go Giants!
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• Just don't like Frisco teams. Besides, the Dodgers and Padres are my #2 teams (after the Ms) so goes without saying I don't like the Gnats. Go Royals!
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Gotta root for the Royals since my Dodgers screwed yet another pooch. Lotta pregger dogs in L.A........ :lol:
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Go Royals...

only kitten abusers, those who pass out apples at Halloween and people who talk about surprise endings to movies to people who havent seen them are rooting for the Giants

(and possibly some Giants fans)
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• whoooooooooose got it better than the Bay Area!?!?!?
    Nobody.
    Weadoption
    NET Starter

• Weadoption wrote:whoooooooooose got it better than the Bay Area!?!?!?
    Nobody.

Lots of places actually.
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

• CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Weadoption wrote:whoooooooooose got it better than the Bay Area!?!?!?
    Nobody.

Lots of places actually.

Yep! Even Kansas.
    Kansashawkfan
    NET Veteran

• Kansashawkfan wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Nobody.

Lots of places actually.

Yep! Even Kansas.

Lies!!!
    MizzouHawkGal

• The Royals have a number of former Mariners on their roster - Ibanez, Vargas, and Peguero. While the Giants have Michael Morse. That's 4 former M's in the 2014 World Series.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Kansashawkfan wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Nobody.

Lots of places actually.

Yep! Even Kansas.

Isn't Kaufmann Stadium in Missouri?
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

• Weadoption wrote:whoooooooooose got it better than the Gay Area!?!?!?
    Nobody.

Gay area?.....Ummm..well.....KC does. Plus they are at home, say buh-bye Vagiants.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Go Royals
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Go Royals!
    Msfann
    NET Veteran

• Tough ending for the home crowd... Just needed a hit of any kind.. Or a wild pitch or something to score the guy from 3rd.

Really exciting though. Baumgarner was amazing.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

• I can't get worked up over the Giants just because they're from SF. Plus they have Lincecum and Ishikawa on the team so I've been rooting for them.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:
    Weadoption wrote:whoooooooooose got it better than the Gay Area!?!?!?
    Nobody.

Gay area?.....Ummm..well.....KC does. Plus they are at home, say buh-bye Vagiants.

Uh huh.
    City of Dynasties
    Something you will only dream of.
    Who's got it better than us?
    Nobody.
    Weadoption
    NET Starter

• Weadoption wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Nobody.

Uh huh.
    City of Dynasties
    Nobody.

Boston?
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks1983 wrote:
    Kansashawkfan wrote:
    CALIHAWK1 wrote:
    Nobody.

Lots of places actually.

Yep! Even Kansas.

Isn't Kaufmann Stadium in Missouri?

New York?
    Weadoption wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Nobody.

Uh huh.
    City of Dynasties
    Nobody.
    Subzero717
    NET Veteran

• Weadoption wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Nobody.

Uh huh.
    City of Dynasties
    Nobody.

How did you like the NFC championship?....That is some dynasty you got there...... :lol:
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Good job Royals! Still proud of you.
    Kansashawkfan
    NET Veteran

• One of the better Game 7's i've seen.. second maybe to the Dbacks-Yankees over the last 10 years?
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Well it looks like it's gonna be Mariners - Cardinals in 2015 World Series, then Mariners - Giants in 2016 it seems. LOL
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran

• Baumgardener was incredible even though the Royals lost it was a great series and it's just weird to know that the Giants are about as close to being a dynasty level team as it gets in the modern era of Big 3 sports.
    MizzouHawkGal

• Largent80 wrote:
    Weadoption wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:
    Nobody.

Uh huh.
    City of Dynasties
    Nobody.

How did you like the NFC championship?....That is some dynasty you got there...... :lol:

Pretty weak man, digging into your only NFL warm fuzzy monent over SF in the playoffs to help ease your SF envy.
    But I get the thing about good memories, the only thing really relevant for any sports fan are the memories that you got to watch as a fan, that's pretty much undeniable fact.
    I was born in 71, so ya, the Niners and Giants dynasties define my world, sort of like the Seattle Storm and Seahawks define yours, assuming the Hawks win 2 of the next 3 Super Bowls and overtake the Storm as your most successful sports club.
    <drops mic>
    Weadoption
    NET Starter

• Dynasties are a thing of the past that is a fact. It is way easier to keep a baseball team playing well for years as opposed to football.

I AM enjoying beating the whiners when it counted, and I AM still enjoying every second of being the Football champs.

Were you even born the last time SF won?
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:Dynasties are a thing of the past that is a fact. It is way easier to keep a baseball team playing well for years as opposed to football.

I AM enjoying beating the whiners when it counted, and I AM still enjoying every second of being the Football champs.

This line is almost as old as you.
    lvnginhwktwn
    NET Veteran

• Giants have won 3 of the last 5 World Series.... whatever you want to label it, thats pretty impressive. I heard last night was the first time in 10 tries that a visiting team won a World Series game 7.

But Baumgarner... just wow. Seriously, 3-0 over the 7 games. ERA sub 0.25. Two hits over 5 innings of relief on two days rest AFTER pitching a 117 pitch shutout. (first time since 1905 that a pitcher has gone more than 1 1/3 innings of relief after starting two other games in the Series). To lift the drama, his clinching out was against the only guy to do anything against him in the entire Series (Perez got the only run on him with a meaningless solo HR off him in game one)... with the tying run on 3rd and the collective will of all 40000 KC fans in the stadium (and you have to imagine just about the rest of the baseball world not dressed in orange and black)

He pitched more innings than the entire Giant starting staff...combined, whose team ERA was something north of 9.0 without him. its baseball, its all about the team and statistics and all that... but Baumgarner basically defied all logic nad won that Series
    Last edited by Uncle Si on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• lvnginhwktwn wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Dynasties are a thing of the past that is a fact. It is way easier to keep a baseball team playing well for years as opposed to football.

This line is almost as old as you.

I'm old, so what?...People bragging about a dynasty, and the 9ers haven't won a SB since most of the fans on this board were even born.... :lol: ....Keep trying though, you must enjoy fail.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Bumgarner just completed the greatest World Series pitching performance ever. EVER, as in 110 or so years of World Series'. Hats off to an amazing guy.
    hawksfansinceday1
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Hats off to the Royals who made it to game 7 of the world series when not even considered for the playoff mid season.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Largent80 wrote:Hats off to the Royals who made it to game 7 of the world series when not even considered for the playoff mid season.

I was certainly pulling for them. in the end they were undone by one player having a historic series. too bad. it would have been great to see the celebration from the Royals. you could tell the giants had done this many times recently
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• Weadoption wrote:whoooooooooose got it better than the Bay Area!?!?!?
    Nobody.

Ah, so it's not "who's got it better than us (as in the 49ers)" anymore? Now it's the whole Bay Area? I wonder how stoked Raiders and A's fans over in Oakland are? Or doesn't Oakland count as the Bay Area?

Does Santa Clara even count as "The Bay Area"?

Isn't Santa Clara like 45 miles away from San Francisco?
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Largent80 wrote:Dynasties are a thing of the past that is a fact. It is way easier to keep a baseball team playing well for years as opposed to football.

Born in 71.
    Were you born yet when the Seattle Storm became the greatest pro sports club in Seattle history?
    I bet you remember that day like it was yesterday.
    Weadoption
    NET Starter

• I'm a rare Seahawks/Giants fan (grew up in the Bay Area, went to my first game in 1980 and at least a hundred more at the Stick, was at Game 3 of the '89 Series - so yes I'm a real fan), and I've come close to two of my teams to winning titles in the same year before, but I finally experienced it this year. Pretty awesome.

You will never see a pitching performance like Bumgarner's in the post season again. Ever.
    DYLcurry59
    NET Veteran

• Weadoption wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Dynasties are a thing of the past that is a fact. It is way easier to keep a baseball team playing well for years as opposed to football.

Born in 71.
    Were you born yet when the Seattle Storm became the greatest pro sports club in Seattle history?
    I bet you remember that day like it was yesterday.

You really suck at talking smack
    Seahawks1983
    NET Veteran

• I was born before the Seahawks won a Super Bowl ring.
    dumbrabbit
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:24 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE SPORTS BAR ]

Information