The NBA 2014-15 season thread

JSeahawks

Reaction score
To be honest I havnt spent much time following the NBA this offseason. I expect my Blazers to contend for the Championship with the starting lineup of Lillard, Roy, Batum, Aldridge and Oden (Sigh... what might have been...that team would have been filthy)

On a serious note, who do you like this year? Will Lebron get it done in Cleveland? Spurs repeat? Somebody new emerging to make a run at the title? (I like Golden State but i'm not sure if they're championship worthy).

I expect the Blazers to land somewhere between 4th and 6th in the west. Aldridge and Lillard are super stars. Keep an eye on Will Barton as an emerging 6th man type. I like the addition of Chris Kaman as a reserve big.

My prediction: LA Clippers vs Chicago Bulls for the title. The Clippers win it all.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sleepers in each conference; Pelicans and Mavs in West...Wizards and Celtics in East.

GSW or Clippers to win West...Cavs to win the East. I'm stoked the nation gets to see Love a bit more.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":cganlvwo said:
Sleepers in each conference; Pelicans and Mavs in West...Wizards and Celtics in East.

GSW or Clippers to win West...Cavs to win the East. I'm stoked the nation gets to see Love a bit more.

Celtics? I'm not sure I could name a guy on their roster other than Rondo. What moves did they make this offseason?

pehawk

Reaction score
I like their coach and Marcus Smart. Team Roster.

Team Roster
NO. NAME POS AGE HT WT COLLEGE 2014-2015 SALARY
30 Brandon Bass PF 29 6-8 250 LSU $6,900,000
0 Avery Bradley PG 23 6-2 180 Texas $7,191,011
38 Vitor Faverani C 26 6-11 260 $2,090,000
8 Jeff Green SF 28 6-9 235 Georgetown $9,200,000
41 Kelly Olynyk C 23 7-0 238 Gonzaga $2,075,760
12 Dwight Powell PF 23 6-11 240 Stanford $507,336
26 Phil Pressey PG 23 5-11 175 Missouri $816,482
9 Rajon Rondo PG 28 6-1 186 Kentucky $12,909,090
36 Marcus Smart PG 20 6-4 220 Oklahoma State $3,283,320
7 Jared Sullinger C 22 6-9 260 Ohio State $1,424,520
4 Marcus Thornton SG 27 6-4 205 LSU $8,575,000
11 Evan Turner SG 26 6-7 220 Ohio State $3,278,000
45 Gerald Wallace SF 32 6-7 220 Alabama $10,105,855
13 James Young SG 19 6-6 215 Kentucky $1,674,480
44 Tyler Zeller C 24 7-0 253 North Carolina $1,703,760

Bulls maybe scary good too. I laughed when the media wondered why Carmelo didn't go to Chicago. It's not a mystery, Thib's is a grinder and demands hustle and defense...a lot of players wont go there.

Mavs will be fun.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
Yeah...I don't think the Celtics have much of a realistic chance. Got some nice guys, but nothing that'll contend with the Cavs, Spurs, etc.

pehawk

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":3iby0hbn said:
Yeah...I don't think the Celtics have much of a realistic chance. Got some nice guys, but nothing that'll contend with the Cavs, Spurs, etc.

Oh, I don't think the Celts are contenders. Just a sleeper that no ones expecting to be good.

mbtitleist

Reaction score
I'm a Lakers fan and the game last night was a disaster. The loss was expected, they're not good at all and I know we won't be making the playoffs unless hell freezes over, but seeing Julius Randle break his leg in his first career game was heartbreaking.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
The Knicks are looking like garbage. Chicago might win this by 40+. Their bench has been in for close to a quarter.

I might be a Seahawks fan from cognizance, but I'm Chicago for everything else.

SirTed

Reaction score
pehawk":pg1kktv4 said:
dontbelikethat":pg1kktv4 said:

Oh, I don't think the Celts are contenders. Just a sleeper that no ones expecting to be good.

Man, when they trot out the 3 guard lineup of Rondo, Bradley and Smart? Damn, that's some ball pressure.

They're a fun squad because although they mostly suck (and under a typical tankapalooza HC they would be HORRIBLE) the Celts are super scrappy. Fun team.

pehawk

Reaction score
SirTed":2c6pmadc said:
pehawk":2c6pmadc said:
dontbelikethat":2c6pmadc said:

Man, when they trot out the 3 guard lineup of Rondo, Bradley and Smart? Damn, that's some ball pressure.

They're a fun squad because although they mostly suck (and under a typical tankapalooza HC they would be HORRIBLE) the Celts are super scrappy. Fun team.

See that fight last night? Down 30 some and come back to make it interesting?

(hoping that was last night...long days...vs Dallas)

SirTed

Reaction score
I'm poaching a little fb post I did - but I'm all stoked on the NBA. Here's all the stuff I'm super excited about to start the season:

This is shaping up to be one of the most exciting NBA seasons in years. Here's a list in no real order of things I'm excited about this season:

1. Another chance to see the Spurs ball movement machine.
2. Maybe an offensive juggernaut in Cleveland. Hoping it make Lebron more fun to watch. Best player ever, (an argument for another time) but not fun to watch.
3. The return of D. Rose to a now super deep Bulls team. (see comment re: Lebron)
4. The Splash Bros. (The best nickname in sports?) Plus Shaun Livingston!
5. The Rockets: the team I love to hate.
6. The Mavericks. Weird mix of guys I love, and guys I hate. No idea what to expect, but I think they'll compete. Jameer Nelson is a sneaky good signing. Should be fun.
7. The Suns. What does a team that surprised everyone with their two point guard attack do to keep everyone on their toes? Sign another! Yes!
8. The Pells: Love the front court, hate the back-court. Watching Davis will be fun, too bad for them they're in the toughest division in the league.
9. The Nugs: I love the rare instance of a team built to take advantage of one of the only real home court advantages in the NBA. They'll be a blur.
10. The Wiz are a sneaky fun team. The back-court is amazing, the Gortat / Nene combo is amazing, and now Paul Piece can teach them all how to come back from being stricken to a wheel chair.
11. Carmelo in the Triangle. If anything can make Anthony more than a ball movement killing scorer, this is it. We'll see.
12. SVG to Detroit. He'll get the most out of Drummond, which is great, plus we'll get a whole season of him shaking violently while he watches Brandon Jennings and Josh Smith. He may collapse in the coach's box.
13. Utah: (really?, yes!) The Law firm back-court of Burke and Burks. Well, at least they have my favorite jerseys in the league.
14. THE GREEK FREAK!!!!
15. Old Kobe. Post up fade-aways for days. You know I love that shit.
16. Minnesota: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baoY0pddIR4

AND MORE!!!!

SirTed

Reaction score
pehawk":2uic450e said:
SirTed":2uic450e said:
pehawk":2uic450e said:
dontbelikethat":2uic450e said:

See that fight last night? Down 30 some and come back to make it interesting?

(hoping that was last night...long days...vs Dallas)

I saw some highlights. IMO, get used to seeing that. I don't think they have enough scoring, so there's going to be a lot of games where they simply get blown out. But I like that they kept playing though.

pehawk

Reaction score
Good stuff Sir Ted.

Jameer in Dallas and Isiah in Phoenix are sleeper signings that'll pay off.

I love that Suns team. Horneceak was hateble as a player, but gdam can he coach. I so want them in the East.

People will also remember Bosh is really, really, really good.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Atradees":b0nf518d said:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:11824529

Yeah Blazers. Lilliard has to come to play. There isnt any offense out of the small forward position.

That man Aldridge ain't playing around this season either.