Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Anyone watching Taboo? (Spoilers)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Anyone watching Taboo? (Spoilers)
Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:34 pm

Re: Anyone watching Taboo?
Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:24 pm
  • I've been recording it but have only watched the 1st episode so for. Should be good, I like most of his work as well. If you haven't seen them I recommend Bronson and Legend, some of his best stuff IMO.
    "Our Quarterback is a Bad Man!" - Michael Robinson
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:30 pm
  • Got bored after episode 3; I'm not made for TV anymore.
    "Go for Broke" - 442nd Japanese-American Battalion

Shaun Alexander #37 for the HoF - 119 Games 2176 Att 9429 Yards 4.3 YPC 100 TDs (112 TDs total) 2005 MVP

"YOU POST...TO WIN...thethread." JesterHawk
    sammyc521
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:31 pm
  • I'm liking it. Hardy is bad-ass, and the rest of the characters and storyline are pretty intriguing. Interesting time in history.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:16 am
  • I actually saw a female ass, and heard the word that starts with an F many times.

On network TV!!!

That doesn't make it great, but I really like the darkness of it, and the costumes and sets are really good.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:06 am
  • I am sticking with it because of Tom Hardy's performance. Overall it has been a bit dull so far but I have given up on other shows after a few episodes and regretted it later.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:32 am
  • drcool wrote:I am sticking with it because of Tom Hardy's performance. Overall it has been a bit dull so far but I have given up on other shows after a few episodes and regretted it later.

This.

I said this in the Netflix thread, I had very high hopes for Taboo because of who was involved. Steven Knight (Peaky Blinders), Ridley Scott and Hardy.

It's a fantastic period piece as far as production and cinematography.......but as far as story and pace, it's been underwhelming.

I'll stick with it, as I hope it's a slow burn show with the 3rd act of the first season paying off.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:47 am
  • The reviews I've seen are a bit troubling and share the sentiment here about it's pace. Not sure if I should jump in now or just wait to binge the first season.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:03 pm
  • Considering the period it is in, pace shouldn't be an issue for viewers. This will eventually touch on incest which is a topic generally swept under the rug.

The Revenant didn't exactly have a vibrant pace but the overall story and message was very good.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:24 pm
  • Largent80 wrote:Considering the period it is in, pace shouldn't be an issue for viewers. This will eventually touch on incest which is a topic generally swept under the rug.

The Revenant didn't exactly have a vibrant pace but the overall story and message was very good.

Well incest is front and center on Taboo.

One of the main story lines is Hardy's in love with his half sister.................who btw is played by Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter, Oona Chaplin.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:39 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Largent80 wrote:Considering the period it is in, pace shouldn't be an issue for viewers. This will eventually touch on incest which is a topic generally swept under the rug.

Well incest is front and center on Taboo.

One of the main story lines is Hardy's in love with his half sister.................who btw is played by Charlie Chaplin's granddaughter, Oona Chaplin.

That is really cool.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:28 am
  • This show is so cool.

Hardy tappin his sister last night and cutting out a guys tongue.
    Largent80
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:14 am
  • I shouldn't have opened this thread, I haven't watched this weeks episode yet. :|

The show has a lot of interesting characters, pretty good so far.
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Re: Anyone watching Taboo? (Spoilers)
Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:44 pm
  • Finally finished watching the last couple of episodes the other day on this. I found it interesting, odd, and disappointing at times. I thought a few of the characters were really well played but others were meh. Hardy's role was ok, not really stretching his skills on this one. Seemed kind of choppy down the stretch but maybe that's what they were going for, pace did speed up at end.

One thing that really annoys me in a period piece like this is when a muzzleloading firearm is miraculously discharged more than once without a reload. Kind of takes the quality of the production down a notch for me.

That said, overall there was enough there for me to watch the complete season. If they continue with a second season I will likely check it out.

:229031_shrug:
    Foghawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:50 pm
  • I thought it was really good. Lots of twists and smart writing. I'm really excited about a season 2 and I'm curious about the fate of a couple characters. The last episode had kind of a Godfather feeling, tying up loose ends, dishing out some revenge. The subject of Nootka itself has me intrigued as it's so close to where I spent my summers growing up. Being a bit of a PNW historian, it's got me waiting impatiently for next season.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:33 am
  • Foghawk wrote:
    That said, overall there was enough there for me to watch the complete season. If they continue with a second season I will likely check it out.

:229031_shrug:

Not sure how many episodes you made it, but I'd say stick with it..........it picks up towards the end with a really good finale.

I'll watch the next season, the story, time period and characters are interesting enough to make up for the slow burn delivery style pace.
    Sgt. Largent
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:50 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information