Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Game of Thrones (Spoiler Version)

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Game of Thrones (Spoiler Version)
Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:41 am
  • Season 7 will have only 7 episodes, and season 8 will have only 6. Also, season 7 will be delayed because, amusingly, winter hasn't come yet. :lol:

http://www.slashfilm.com/game-of-thrones-season-7-shorter-delayed/#more-364332
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:47 pm
  • I am hoping for longer episodes with the shorter seasons.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:30 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I am hoping for longer episodes with the shorter seasons.

Not going to happen. They aren't going to screw up the rest of their viewing schedule to have 85-minute-long GoT episodes.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:37 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I am hoping for longer episodes with the shorter seasons.

Not going to happen. They aren't going to screw up the rest of their viewing schedule to have 85-minute-long GoT episodes.

Besides, Benioff and Weiss say in the article they estimate only 13 hours of story left. Longer episodes would mean fewer episodes, as well.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:23 am
  • Maulbert wrote:Season 7 will have only 7 episodes, and season 8 will have only 6. Also, season 7 will be delayed because, amusingly, winter hasn't come yet. :lol:

http://www.slashfilm.com/game-of-thrones-season-7-shorter-delayed/#more-364332

I'm glad they are sticking to their vision for the story and not adding fluff to fill up time, though I wish it wasn't separated by a year.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 am
  • Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise!!!

They had me at a flaming sword.

If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm
  • Poor Beric, don't think there will be a 7th time.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:45 am
  • The Hound is sneakily my favorite character on GOT.............I love a crazy bad ass with principles.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:31 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:The Hound is sneakily my favorite character on GOT.............I love a crazy bad ass with principles.

Yeah take his Chicken and say that.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:04 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:The Hound is sneakily my favorite character on GOT.............I love a crazy bad ass with principles.

Yep. Definitely my favorite character. So glad he isn't dead. Yet.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:28 pm
  • The opening scene was fantastic. At first I thought we were getting an "it was all a dream" moment, Arya is such a badass, probably my favorite character right now. The rest was setup and enjoyable, nothing special....except....

As Arya is riding on her horse and comes to a singing band of Lannister soldiers, I see this face that I distinctly recognize. Has to be someone that has been a minor character at some point. Im thinking a squire at some point. So I do a google search for "who is the singing lannister soldier s7 ep1." And I encounter a shitstorm of people hating that Ed Sheeran had a cameo. I had never seen Ed Sheerans face before in my life, but his face fit so well in the GoT world, specifically as a Lannister, that I was certain he was on the show before.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:46 am
  • When your sister forces you to spend time with her new boyfriend

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:41 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:The opening scene was fantastic. At first I thought we were getting an "it was all a dream" moment, Arya is such a badass, probably my favorite character right now. The rest was setup and enjoyable, nothing special....except....

As Arya is riding on her horse and comes to a singing band of Lannister soldiers, I see this face that I distinctly recognize. Has to be someone that has been a minor character at some point. Im thinking a squire at some point. So I do a google search for "who is the singing lannister soldier s7 ep1." And I encounter a shitstorm of people hating that Ed Sheeran had a cameo. I had never seen Ed Sheerans face before in my life, but his face fit so well in the GoT world, specifically as a Lannister, that I was certain he was on the show before.

I just realized that Ed Sheeran is Podricks blonde doppleganger.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 am
  • Dog is best.. since S1

Used to like Bronn, but I'd like to see him and his smugness disappear.

Can't figure out how meek and willow Stansa can transform into a power figure.

Tyrion needs to ride the dragon and smite Cersei.

Dragon queen and Snow need to pump some new dragons

Ygritte needs to come back, just because she's Ygritte
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:04 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:Dog is best.. since S1

Agreed. He's been too quiet so far. I think he takes down 'The Mountain' before it's all said and done.
    Used to like Bronn, but I'd like to see him and his smugness disappear.

:2thumbs:

Can't figure out how meek and willow Stansa can transform into a power figure.

I think she is more shrewd than you are giving her credit.

Tyrion needs to ride the dragon and smite Cersei.

That would be epic!!

1st cousins. Inbreeding much?

Ygritte needs to come back, just because she's Ygritte

Yeah, she was bad ass and Jon needs his piece of ass back.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:28 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:

Aunt and nephew actually. And the Targeryans have always been inbreeders....Jon wouldnt though.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:52 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:

Aunt and nephew actually. And the Targeryans have always been inbreeders....Jon wouldnt though.

Does Jon a and her know.. cause I thought they were going to lip attack each other.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:13 pm
  • Double post
    Last edited by XxXdragonXxX on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:14 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:

Does Jon a and her know.. cause I thought they were going to lip attack each other.

They dont know yet, only Bran does. And yeah I was for sure they were gonna get it on in the cave of dragon glass. They had the look.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:58 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:1st cousins. Inbreeding much?

They dont know yet, only Bran does. And yeah I was for sure they were gonna get it on in the cave of dragon glass. They had the look.

Solves the bend the knee problem.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:09 am
  • Loved that fight between Arya and Brienne.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:38 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    Can't figure out how meek and willow Sansa can transform into a power figure.

That's a sign of great writing, character development and acting on Sophie Turner's part. Any great movie or series you want to see characters grow and evolve.

Jon has had a similar awesome growth arc over the course of the series.

I used to hate just about every scene Sansa and Jon were in season 1 and 2, now they're arguably the most compelling and rootable characters on the entire show.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    That's a sign of great writing, character development and acting on Sophie Turner's part. Any great movie or series you want to see characters grow and evolve.

I used to hate just about every scene Sansa and Jon were in season 1 and 2, now they're arguably the most compelling and rootable characters on the entire show.

Especially when they are in scenes together...

The media is making a big deal about Jon and Dani -- and those scenes are ok, but the two actors don't have near the chemistry and tension that Kit and Sophie do... Just look at the reunion scenes.

We've seen Sansa reunite with all of her siblings now, but none have had anywhere near the emotional impact of last season's Jon and Sansa reunion, which absolutely stunned me at the time, because I didn't expect the actors or characters to pair up like that.

Obviously the show is going with conventional wisdom and Targarian incest... Aunt and Nephew... which is, well, at least it's not twincest.

To me, if you are going to go down that road again - Jon and Sansa are better - at least they are only 1st cousins so their kids have a slightly better chance of not coming out mentally deranged.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:02 pm
  • The_Z_Man wrote:
    The media is making a big deal about Jon and Dani -- and those scenes are ok, but the two actors don't have near the chemistry and tension that Kit and Sophie do... Just look at the reunion scenes..

Not entirely fair, the two actors haven't had one scene together until now to formulate some chemistry.

I think it's fairly obvious that the writers are telegraphing the series ending with Dani and Jon together in some capacity. I mean, the entire book series is called The Song of Ice and Fire.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:06 pm
  • Well Jon will the the third head in her Dragon after Darius, Khal Drogo and now Jon, the slave master guy I don't think got a sniff.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:48 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:

Jon was never meek, Sansa was always meek.

I must have missed something cause Sansa seemed to be a reborn leader within a episode.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:01 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:

I must have missed something cause Sansa seemed to be a reborn leader within a episode.

Meek? No, but he spent the first 2-3 seasons pining for his wildling girl getting it on in caves and complaining about being the poor unwanted bastard who had no place in the world.

And you weren't paying attention if you think Sansa's growth as a character happened in one episode. Getting raped and then enacting revenge by setting a pack of dogs on your husband isn't the act of a meek person.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:54 am
  • So Daenerys is finally confirmed to be the power-hungry bitch we all suspected her to be. She wants to be queen more than anything else, even if it means being queen of the ashes.

I was really starting to suspect they were making her out to be one of those female characters that acts all bitchy, just so they can point out that she technically didn't do anything bad or evil, and thus call out all the men who hate her as sexist. You know, like Skylar from Breaking Bad.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:18 am
  • CONTAINS SPOILERS!!!

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:52 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:So Daenerys is finally confirmed to be the power-hungry bitch we all suspected her to be. She wants to be queen more than anything else, even if it means being queen of the ashes.

I was really starting to suspect they were making her out to be one of those female characters that acts all bitchy, just so they can point out that she technically didn't do anything bad or evil, and thus call out all the men who hate her as sexist. You know, like Skylar from Breaking Bad.

If that were the case, she would never have let Jon mine the obsidian (dragonglass). I don't know anyone besides you who thought she was a 'power hungry bitch'. Does she want the Iron Throne? Of course. But you want a power hungry bitch? Look at the woman who let her children die for her so she didn't lose power.

Reading your take on Daenerys reminds me of my best friend who got me into the books. He LOVES Littlefinger. I mean, he's his favorite character by about 10 miles. My friend is not an idiot, indeed, he's one of the smartest people I know. But for the life of him, he can't understand why everyone else we know who has ever read the books hates Petyr Baelish with a smoldering passion. It is practically a mental block for him.

Amusingly, he will never forgive Jaime Lannister. He has a weird code, my friend.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:58 am
  • Cersei is more of a power hungry bitch than Daenerys. Sure. Hitler was more power hungry than Saddam Hussein. That's right, I just invoked Godwin's law. Deal with it.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:04 pm
  • Dani is forcing things trying to fulfill a prophesy, Cersie just wants a massive member between her legs to finish her transformation, she has said that she should have been born a man a few times in the series.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:35 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Cersei is more of a power hungry bitch than Daenerys. Sure. Hitler was more power hungry than Saddam Hussein. That's right, I just invoked Godwin's law. Deal with it.

My point was that I challenged your assertion that Dany would gladly be a Queen of Ashes. If that were true, she would have gone to King's Landing against Tyrion's advice instead of going after Jaime's army last episode.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:40 pm
  • Maybe I missed that...did Tyrion advise her to attack Jamie's army with her dragons? I'm also having a hard time understanding where everyone is at. It seems like everyone is just teleporting around the continent.

It seems like, to me, that Tyrion wants her to win with diplomacy, siege tactics, etc...and that he doesn't want her riding her dragons around breathing down fire on armies and stuff.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:59 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:Maybe I missed that...did Tyrion advise her to attack Jamie's army with her dragons? I'm also having a hard time understanding where everyone is at. It seems like everyone is just teleporting around the continent.

It seems like, to me, that Tyrion wants her to win with diplomacy, siege tactics, etc...and that he doesn't want her riding her dragons around breathing down fire on armies and stuff.

No, Tyrion advised her not to burn King's Landing to ashes after the Tyrells were defeated. She was on the verge of doing just that last episode before she attacked Jaime instead. If she wanted to be queen at all costs, she would have done that already. She can see reason, which Cersei refuses to do.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:21 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:

Meek? No, but he spent the first 2-3 seasons pining for his wildling girl getting it on in caves and complaining about being the poor unwanted bastard who had no place in the world.

And you weren't paying attention if you think Sansa's growth as a character happened in one episode. Getting raped and then enacting revenge by setting a pack of dogs on your husband isn't the act of a meek person.

Yeah, well you could be right, I may not have been paying to much attention, I just noticed she's meek and then.. other. Some of those episodes just got drawn out a bit, I thought and found replying on the .Net much more fascinating. :)
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:21 pm
  • I don't know....it just still seems like it's a "power-hungry" move. You go and torch armies to rule the land, but then you don't own those armies when you take over because you torched them. Plus, all the relatives and friends of the people in the army are going to hate you for killing them. It's ruling people by force, really. Why do you even need King's Landing to rule the rest of the continent? You don't...people can choose her as their queen just the same. Build a new castle with a throne on it.

Plus, it was heavily implied in the last episode that those who have "chosen" to serve her of their own free will, really don't have a choice. That if they tried to leave and choose someone else as their queen, that she would kill them.

And who else is aggressively seeking the throne besides Cersei and Daenerys? It's just those two, ain't it? I don't know anything, really lol.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:25 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Maybe I missed that...did Tyrion advise her to attack Jamie's army with her dragons? I'm also having a hard time understanding where everyone is at. It seems like everyone is just teleporting around the continent.

No, Tyrion advised her not to burn King's Landing to ashes after the Tyrells were defeated. She was on the verge of doing just that last episode before she attacked Jaime instead. If she wanted to be queen at all costs, she would have done that already. She can see reason, which Cersei refuses to do.

Tyrion didn't want her to be the front man(so to speak) spear heading the army on the dragon.. as to which she seemed to find rather amusing.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:30 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I don't know....it just still seems like it's a "power-hungry" move. You go and torch armies to rule the land, but then you don't own those armies when you take over because you torched them. Plus, all the relatives and friends of the people in the army are going to hate you for killing them. It's ruling people by force, really. Why do you even need King's Landing to rule the rest of the continent? You don't...people can choose her as their queen just the same. Build a new castle with a throne on it.

Plus, it was heavily implied in the last episode that those who have "chosen" to serve her of their own free will, really don't have a choice. That if they tried to leave and choose someone else as their queen, that she would kill them.

And who else is aggressively seeking the throne besides Cersei and Daenerys? It's just those two, ain't it? I don't know anything, really lol.

I must not have been paying attention, back in season 4.. I thought one of the most epic episodes was the "Breaker of Chain" episode, where she gets to Meereen and declares that all are free to do what they like, that her army was there, not of slavery but as willing free men..women and they were allowed to do what ever they wanted, then as an example they catapulted all the slavery harness's into the city just to show she wasn't lying. But, maybe I missed something... very possible, John
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:34 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:Maybe I missed that...did Tyrion advise her to attack Jamie's army with her dragons? I'm also having a hard time understanding where everyone is at. It seems like everyone is just teleporting around the continent.

Tyrion didn't want her to be the front man(so to speak) spear heading the army on the dragon.. as to which she seemed to find rather amusing.

I looked at the quote on IMDB. Tyrion wanted her to blockade King's Landing. She was talking about pulling a Harrenhal on the Red Keep (where Cersei is), which would have potentially killed innocents and destroyed King's Landing, as that is where the Red Keep is.

Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:40 pm
  • Tyrion didn't want to kill the innocent in Kings Landing, The Loot train were all soldiers, big difference, also Tyrion didn't want Dani to catch a stray arrow and die leading a fight.

Really if you want to look at it Dani showed a lot of restraint, she only used 1 dragon in the fight not 3. She also burned minimal soldiers, she surrounded them in fire, yes part of the food was burnt from the train being ignited but that was to prevent them from escaping and allowing the Dorthraki to converge.

Cersie on the other hand cooked a large portion of Kings Landing in Wildfire.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:01 am
  • Cersie is the 'Mad Queen'. I predict that Jamie will have to kill her. There have been WTF looks given by Jamie, especially after the Wildfire incident. He loves her but I think he knows she's mad.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 am
  • Lanister morale can't be to high anymore. I'm not sure your going to find a lot of soldiers excited about the prospects of facing 3 dragons, when one wipes out a whole Army within 5 minutes.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:04 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:I don't know....it just still seems like it's a "power-hungry" move. You go and torch armies to rule the land, but then you don't own those armies when you take over because you torched them. Plus, all the relatives and friends of the people in the army are going to hate you for killing them. It's ruling people by force, really. Why do you even need King's Landing to rule the rest of the continent? You don't...people can choose her as their queen just the same. Build a new castle with a throne on it.

No offense, but I highly suggest watching Alt Shift X's episode explanations (at least for this season) because it seems you don't truly understand the intentions of some of the characters, especially Daeny.

PS - There was no implying that Daeny would kill anyone who was serving her that decided to leave. You could see that in Missandei's almost offended reaction when Jon asks her if she truly believes that Daeny would give her a ship and wish her well on her journeys.

Bobblehead wrote:Lanister morale can't be to high anymore. I'm not sure your going to find a lot of soldiers excited about the prospects of facing 3 dragons, when one wipes out a whole Army within 5 minutes.

You're absolutely right and this sentiment actually goes back to the first episode of the season when Arya runs into the Lannister men (that included Ed Sheeran). She goes from uncomfortable and likely going to kill them, to realizing they're all just young guys who are fighting for someone else who just want to go home. The Lannister army has been at war off and on for like 5 years so I have to imagine their numbers, provisions and morale have to be lacking.

Overall I have really dug this season. Obviously the "Field of Fire" was fantastic and is up there with Hardhome as my favorite action sequences in the show. Just like when The Night King attacked Hardhome, it had more horror vibes than battle, and I think a large part of that is we're seeing so much of it from the perspective of Jaime and Bronn (the "receiving end" if you will).

Say what you will about the dialogue and writing since D&D ran out of source material to work with, but this season is coming together very nicely. The fact that we can watch something as epic as this last battle, and feel exactly like Tyrion standing there watching the inevitable death of either his leader (Daeny) or his house's men, brother and Bronn, really impresses me. Very rarely do we get something like that where we are rooting for "fire and blood," while hoping no one dies because we're invested in all of these characters. Bravo, GoT.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:No offense, but I highly suggest watching Alt Shift X's episode explanations (at least for this season) because it seems you don't truly understand the intentions of some of the characters, especially Daeny.

None taken. I'm open and honest about my ignorance involving most TV shows. I blame it on falling asleep during most of the episodes. But it allows me to invent my own version of what's going on. And that's always fun.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:14 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:So Daenerys is finally confirmed to be the power-hungry bitch we all suspected her to be. She wants to be queen more than anything else, even if it means being queen of the ashes.

If that were the case, she would never have let Jon mine the obsidian (dragonglass). I don't know anyone besides you who thought she was a 'power hungry bitch'. Does she want the Iron Throne? Of course. But you want a power hungry bitch? Look at the woman who let her children die for her so she didn't lose power.

Reading your take on Daenerys reminds me of my best friend who got me into the books. He LOVES Littlefinger. I mean, he's his favorite character by about 10 miles. My friend is not an idiot, indeed, he's one of the smartest people I know. But for the life of him, he can't understand why everyone else we know who has ever read the books hates Petyr Baelish with a smoldering passion. It is practically a mental block for him.

Amusingly, he will never forgive Jaime Lannister. He has a weird code, my friend.

The only difference between Dani and Cersei is the fact Dani will listen to her advisers and Cersei surrounds herself with people who tell her what she wants to hear.

Dani let Jon mine the glass only after Tyrion convinced her to, and only (presumably) after Jon bent the knee to her. Jon's quest doesn't mean anything to her, but other than him not swearing fealty to her, he isn't a threat either. He's focused on elsewhere and has no southern aspirations, and she knows that. So what if she lets him have a bunch of rocks to take back home? Doesn't get in the way of her quest for the throne one bit. She's still completely power hungry, and nothing she's done with or for Jon changes that.

As far as this season goes, it's not my favorite by any means, but it is entertaining. Things are finally coming together. But it feels a bit rushed. Especially the episode before Dani's battle with the Lannisters. That one was terribly rushed. We've seen entire episodes devoted to battles before, and that one basically wrapped up two big ones in a few moments at the end of it, like, "oh, by the way, these battles had to happen so we can get on with the other parts of the story." Rushed. Other than that, it's getting interesting.
    "The ultimate number is W's, and that’s what matters in Santa Clara. As such, Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does." - Paul Gutierrez
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:13 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:So Daenerys is finally confirmed to be the power-hungry bitch we all suspected her to be. She wants to be queen more than anything else, even if it means being queen of the ashes.

The only difference between Dani and Cersei is the fact Dani will listen to her advisers and Cersei surrounds herself with people who tell her what she wants to hear.

Dani let Jon mine the glass only after Tyrion convinced her to, and only (presumably) after Jon bent the knee to her. Jon's quest doesn't mean anything to her, but other than him not swearing fealty to her, he isn't a threat either. He's focused on elsewhere and has no southern aspirations, and she knows that. So what if she lets him have a bunch of rocks to take back home? Doesn't get in the way of her quest for the throne one bit. She's still completely power hungry, and nothing she's done with or for Jon changes that.

As far as this season goes, it's not my favorite by any means, but it is entertaining. Things are finally coming together. But it feels a bit rushed. Especially the episode before Dani's battle with the Lannisters. That one was terribly rushed. We've seen entire episodes devoted to battles before, and that one basically wrapped up two big ones in a few moments at the end of it, like, "oh, by the way, these battles had to happen so we can get on with the other parts of the story." Rushed. Other than that, it's getting interesting.

Not correct. After Jon had been given the okay to mine the glass he was having a conversation with Daenerys where she said she would provide troops to help fight the White Walkers if he bent the knee. So bending the knee wasn't a requirement for mining the glass.
    I used to be Bitter.
    JustTheTip
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:40 am
  • So is Jamie dead? I don't see how he can make it back to surface with all that heavy armor on...I'm sure they won't kill him yet, though.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:32 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:So is Jamie dead? I don't see how he can make it back to surface with all that heavy armor on...I'm sure they won't kill him yet, though.

Well I have an issue with that drowning scene. They were galloping on the edge of the lake, yet when Bronn pushed him off his horse, all of a sudden, they were submerging like the opening scenes of Vikings.. down and down they went..

I"m not sure about the power similarities of the two queens, one queen just wants to reign, the other, the dragon queen seems to want her place back where she feels it was taken unjustly from her family. She doesn't seem to have any hatred to those that were not a part of the king's slayers allies.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:57 pm
  • JustTheTip wrote:Not correct. After Jon had been given the okay to mine the glass he was having a conversation with Daenerys where she said she would provide troops to help fight the White Walkers if he bent the knee. So bending the knee wasn't a requirement for mining the glass.

Aw yeah, you're right--bending the knee was for troops (a far more selfless act) than letting him have the glass. The glass was nothing, though, and she still had to have Tyrion convince her. Bottom line is she's still pretty power hungry.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

PreviousNext

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:26 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information