Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Amazon Prime shows thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Amazon Prime shows thread
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:50 pm
  • Just got it a month or so ago..some decent content..man in the high castle is good so is hand of God...not sure why it was cancelled after season 2???
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Re: Amazon Prime shows thread
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 am

Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:12 am
  • I just got Amazon Prime not too long ago either, but their shows don't seem to compare to Netflix. Maybe I just need to try a few, but haven't heard much about any of them. The Man In The High Castle I've heard nice things about but don't think it is for me.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:45 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:I just got Amazon Prime not too long ago either, but their shows don't seem to compare to Netflix. Maybe I just need to try a few, but haven't heard much about any of them. The Man In The High Castle I've heard nice things about but don't think it is for me.

For sure, not even close to Netflix...........but no one is.

I definitely recommend Catastrophe, really funny and poignant. It's an elevated sitcom..............and it has Carrie Fisher, and everything's better with Carrie Fisher.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:12 am

Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:46 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/official-lord-rings-tv-series-gets-multiple-season-commitment-at-amazon-1057486

Amazon getting multi season Lord of the Rings TV show, Tolkien Estate and Trust producing as well. I know they've been talking for awhile about getting something to compete with GOT.

Something to compete with GoT.... which will probably be over by the time any LotR series starts airing.
    "Soon, the super karate monkey death car would park in my space. But Jimmy has fancy plans, and pants to match."

- Excerpt from Jimmy James: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:48 pm
  • They are doing a Prequel on Game of Thrones, that's what they will be competing with.

They have 5 ideas they are putting together right now, most based of something historical we already know but not really any details.

The Lord of the Rings is doomed to fail if they try to make a series off the original trilogy, how can you compete with what Peter Jackson did.

Now there is a whole history and back story written about numerous characters they could build a story around. Elrond, Galadriel, Isildur, The first war, lots of stuff. Gandalf and the Wizards history is another route they could take.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:03 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    The Lord of the Rings is doomed to fail if they try to make a series off the original trilogy, how can you compete with what Peter Jackson did.

It won't.

Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings.”

As a big Tolkein fan, I'm super excited for this. Amazon has just as much money, power and influence to throw behind this series as Netlfix and the premium channels do to make sure it's a stellar production worthy of the Tolkien name and reputation.

And lord knows there's enough content, as you pointed out.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:59 pm
  • I’m looking forward to season 2 of The Grand Tour. I’m not a gear head but I love the stuff they do with cars and I’m a sucker for dry British humor.
    HAWKAMANIA
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:38 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

It won't.

Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings.”

As a big Tolkein fan, I'm super excited for this. Amazon has just as much money, power and influence to throw behind this series as Netlfix and the premium channels do to make sure it's a stellar production worthy of the Tolkien name and reputation.

And lord knows there's enough content, as you pointed out.

Right, the big thing for me is Tolkien Estate producing it, meaning they like their ideas. I read it'll be stories prior to Fellowship (though no mention of pre or post Hobbit). If Amazon really wanted to compete with the likes of $10 mil an episode GOT, they certainly have the cash to do it. I hope they bring in some really good writers/directors, a franchise like this deserves it.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:18 am
  • mistaowen wrote:
    Right, the big thing for me is Tolkien Estate producing it, meaning they like their ideas.

Well it means they like the big fat check Amazon gave them.

But I will give the Tolkein Estate credit, my guess is they turn down 90% of the offers they receive for LOTR and Hobbit scripts, productions and merchandising. Because other than the video games and movie franchises every 10 years, you really don't see an over saturation of Tolkien content.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information