Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Let's talk cryptocurrency

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Let's talk cryptocurrency
Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:19 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Well if you have a unique key for every transaction then regulators and governments will throw a fit at some point if they don't have oversight access, they want to see the sock and undies your washing and what detergent your using so to speak as well as whos machine your using so they can make sure they get their fair share of revenue.

That's the neat thing about most blockchains. The transaction itself occurs in plain text so you can see the amount sent and where it was sent to. That's true of most blockchain assets, anyway. What I am putting a good chunk of money on in 2018 are privacy coins, digital assets with no audit trail or one that can be enabled or disabled on a per-transaction basis. Imagine the power of being able to hide money from Uncle Sam in perpetuity. The tech already exists, but I am willing to bet they will be supremely popular among successful crypto investors this year. Eventually, I see privacy tech forcing the federal government to abandon the income tax in favor of a VAT tax because this has so much potential to disrupt their tax schemes.
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:24 pm
  • Looks like Lunar New Year provided us with a massive buying opportunity. I hope some of you capitalized on the dip rather than panic sold. I know I did!

Bought:
    ETH @ 750
    LTC @ 145
    NEO @ 95
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:42 pm
  • I'm just in HODL mode. :)

Talk about some drops recently, though. Ouch.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:08 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I'm just in HODL mode. :)

Talk about some drops recently, though. Ouch.

Yeah, as someone with considerable holdings in altcoins, that one stung a bit, but there is a silver lining for me. I have kept a cash reserve going in case there was a day or two like this. Already made a killing on ETH as it was massively oversold. It really is a sign of a healthy asset when market sentiment is so solid even through a horrific selloff like this one. Sure, ETH is still way off its all time high but I felt it was probably due a correction anyhow. Amidst all the panic I picked up a handful at 750 and it's already back over 1k with fairly solid pricing support at that level.

This dip happens during this time of year, every year. It's being attributed to the Lunar New Year, a big holiday in China and elsewhere. Plan for it next year. Following this yearly dip has traditionally been a massive bull market. I can already see that both ETH and NEO are likely to pop. My hope is that NEO will be listed on Coinbase/GDAX at some point. It's already proving to be a massively valuable asset.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:26 am
  • So what country's new year is happening now?
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:So what country's new year is happening now?

Guessing its all dropped again?
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:53 am
  • original poster wrote:
    fenderbender123 wrote:So what country's new year is happening now?

My investment is now worth 60% of what I initially put in. Still gonna hold for the long haul, though. It's fun, if nothing else.

But yeah, BTC itself is @ around $7,000 right now. I think it dropped under 6 yesterday.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:21 pm
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    original poster wrote:

My investment is now worth 60% of what I initially put in. Still gonna hold for the long haul, though. It's fun, if nothing else.

But yeah, BTC itself is @ around $7,000 right now. I think it dropped under 6 yesterday.

It was a big dip for sure, one caused by a perfect storm of factors. China's finally enforcing its ban on foreign cryptocurrency exchanges, Bitconnect proved to be a scam, many are worried that the USDT coin (a.k.a. "Tether") is backed by fractional reserves, and there was considerable fear the SEC and CFTC were going to bring down the regulatory fist of god. Add to that a number of hit pieces were published by the likes of CNBC and the resulting FUD storm was sufficient enough to wipe away a ton of market cap.

That said, it looks like we're heading for calmer seas now. The meeting the heads of CFTC and SEC had with Congress was unbelievably bullish in terms of their outlook for crypto viability. Literally the moment that meeting concluded the markets stopped panic selling and a gentle bull market formed.

Bitcoin has been hammered, no doubt, and more than ever I question its long term viability as the bellwether digital asset. Fortunately, Bittrex intends to introduce USD trading very soon, which will inject a lot of liquidity in to the market. More fiat-to-crypto exchanges will be popping up in the USA and elsewhere. They are also seeking to court institutional investors, which should also bode well, though I fear they will allow margin trading (and by extension, shorting). Hopefully the resulting volatility enables profitable arbitrage opportunities.

As for me, I sold off every asset except my holdings in NEO, Nano (formerly RaiBlocks), and EOS, pending market recovery. Looks like that recovery may be starting now. Rally-ho!

There are some great bargains to be had right now. ETH will probably replace Bitcoin as #1 market cap at some point, possibly even this year. Still very bullish on that one. It's really the best of all digital assets right now with NEO taking second place.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:57 am
  • fenderbender123 wrote:
    original poster wrote:

Definitely some queasy moments on this rollercoaster ride but the market has seemingly recovered and my holdings are on the move once again. I cashed out most of the portfolio when BTC broke below 10k and had a few amazing days playing the massive swings on Ether. Used the proceeds from that to buy NEO shares and a bit of physical gold.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:28 am
  • Whole lotta crypto investors breathing easier today. BTC back over 10k.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:52 pm
  • I've got a grand I'm gonna throw at this
    What are your recommendations
    I know it ain't much but I'm new at this and have a nervous wife
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:33 pm
  • This is not investment advice but I am really high on Ether, NEO, and OmiseGo. NEO is my current favorite project and I highly encourage you to look in to it.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:01 pm
  • Thx smoking
    I'm gonna do that and perhaps some precious metals too but those are more for the long haul

:irishdrinkers:
    What are you
    I'm a mog , half man , half dog
    I'm my own best friend
    hawxfreak
    NET Veteran

Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:31 pm
  • Wow
    I lost all my money over night and I blame YOU

Just kiddin , That is definitely worth a look
    Thanks man ands have a great one