Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

A Quiet Place

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
A Quiet Place
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:33 pm
  • Anyone see this movie? It wasn't perfect, but I loved it.
    It was also an odd theater experience. It was stone silent in there as far as the audience was concerned.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Re: A Quiet Place
Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:18 pm
  • I enjoyed it a lot. Best thriller/suspense film I've seen in theaters in the last couple years. The audience not daring to chew popcorn was amusing; you could hear a pin drop in the theater for half the film, which frankly, I've never experienced before.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:06 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:I enjoyed it a lot. Best thriller/suspense film I've seen in theaters in the last couple years. The audience not daring to chew popcorn was amusing; you could hear a pin drop in the theater for half the film, which frankly, I've never experienced before.

That's unheard of (the silence) pardon the pun. I've always thought the plastic bags theatre "food" comes in should be called Russell. Drives me nuts. I hate popcorn anyway, and never eat anything at the flicks. Just bring my own trusty insulated water bottle. It costs up to $25 (about US$20) to go to the movies here! I'm thinking of seeing "The Death of Stalin" - has anyone seen it? I'd go to maybe one movie every 18 months or so, FWIW.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 am
  • Looking forward to seeing it, pretty funny how people get shunned for eating popcorn during it.

Way to go Big Tuna.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:32 am
  • Gonna' go see it on Saturday. One of my wife's best traits is that she loves scary and creepy movies.
    Well, she married me, so......there is that.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:00 am
  • The performances were pretty solid as well. You could almost believe John Krasinski and Emily Blunt were married in real life. Great chemistry there. Also, the deaf daughter. She's did a great job of seeming like she is actually deaf.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:39 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:You could almost believe John Krasinski and Emily Blunt were married in real life.

They are.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:06 pm
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    LargentFan wrote:You could almost believe John Krasinski and Emily Blunt were married in real life.

They are.

You're kidding right? Damn. Next thing you'll tell me is the young actress is actually deaf!
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:29 pm
  • https://www.star2.com/entertainment/201 ... ars-prada/

With his script, co-written by Bryan Woods and Scott Beck, Krasinski wastes no time. We see a family—Krasinski plays the unnamed father, his real-life wife Emily Blunt plays the mother, and Noah Jupe (“Suburbicon”), Millicent Simmonds (“Wonderstruck”), and Cade Woodward play their three children. The eldest, the girl, is deaf (as is the remarkable young actress who plays her). A title card says it’s “Day 89,” and we can tell we’re in a recently-post-apocalyptic world. The family very slowly—on tiptoes—moves around a small-town store, taking some of the few remaining supplies and some prescription drugs for the older boy, who looks like he has the flu. They communicate in sign language and are incredibly careful not to make a sound, but the youngest boy draws a picture of a rocket on the floor—the thing that he signs will take them all away.

https://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/a-quiet-place-2018
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:47 pm
  • Amazing!
    Have you guys noticed how much the main character looks like Jim from the Office?
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:Amazing!
    Have you guys noticed how much the main character looks like Jim from the Office?

Jim's been preparing for this for a long time!!

Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:55 am
  • All trolling aside…
    With the success of this movie and the fact that John Krasinski comes from comedy, a lot of people have been talking about how interesting it is that he and Jordan Peele both have these highly regarded horror movies recently.
    I had not yet seen "Get Out" yet, but I watched it last night. I thought the movie was alright, but I don't think it deserves the accolades it has been getting. That said, I do think the lead actor, Daniel Kaluuya, did an excellent job.
    I definitely think "A Quiet Place" is a far better movie. Granted, it did have roughly four times the budget, though.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:59 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:All trolling aside…
    With the success of this movie and the fact that John Krasinski comes from comedy, a lot of people have been talking about how interesting it is that he and Jordan Peele both have these highly regarded horror movies recently.
    I had not yet seen "Get Out" yet, but I watched it last night. I thought the movie was alright, but I don't think it deserves the accolades it has been getting. That said, I do think the lead actor, Daniel Kaluuya, did an excellent job.
    I definitely think "A Quiet Place" is a far better movie. Granted, it did have roughly four times the budget, though.

Have you seen 13 Hours with John Krasinski? I was kinda shocked at how I forgot I was watching 'Jim' and actually bought in he was this badass operator. He's a talented guy.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:17 pm
  • LargentFan wrote:I had not yet seen "Get Out" yet, but I watched it last night. I thought the movie was alright, but I don't think it deserves the accolades it has been getting.

It doesn't. There are other reasons why it's so highly regarded.

LargentFan wrote:I definitely think "A Quiet Place" is a far better movie.

Completely agree.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:09 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:Have you seen 13 Hours with John Krasinski? I was kinda shocked at how I forgot I was watching 'Jim' and actually bought in he was this badass operator. He's a talented guy.

Yeah I watched it very recently. I definitely think Krasinski has some acting chops. Unlike you, though, I can't "forget" he was Jim. It's a large part of why I like him as an actor. Jim is one of my favorite characters in tv history, so I'll likely always root for and enjoy Krasinski. Hard for me to be impartial.
    LargentFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:03 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information