Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Very Large Missile Launch From Whidbey Island?

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • This is very bizarre. Looks like a missile launch. The question is from who and why?

http://mynorthwest.com/1015929/unidenti ... ather-cam/

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Holy crap.
    What the Hell?
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Frankly I am surprised it hasn't received more news coverage.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• If they had Subs up there they could launch a missie.................. just saying.

Another fact the Russians have been sneaking in and out of that area for years.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Aros wrote:Frankly I am surprised it hasn't received more news coverage.

Didn't have Kardashian in the Topic.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• This is real. It happened. The fact that our government refuses to acknowledge it should have everyone on edge.

Why would we deny a missile launch?

Possible reasons:
    1.) It was an accident. (I find this incredibly unlikely as missile launches are very tightly controlled)
    2.) We were testing a black project (I find this unlikely in a highly populated area like Puget Sound)
    3.) The missile wasn't ours and a foreign power is trying to send a message (possible, but this is an extremely hostile provocation)
    4.) The missile was launched in self-defense and national security forbids disclosure (Yikes)
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

He is hold back the legion of boom - skater18000
    SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Agreed the mainstream media silence is loud and clear. First off, like the article below states, there are no launch facilities anywhere in our region. Okay, well, that we know of. Could it be a side-effect or illusion created by time-lapse photography? That is very possible even though I am skeptical of that explanation as the image doesn't just show an obvious light trail but a very specific tube or cylinder at the top that looks exactly like a missile or rocket. I am not buying their theory that it was simply a helicopter. Here's the article.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21 ... washington

More:

http://q13fox.com/2018/06/11/missile-la ... questions/

https://patch.com/washington/across-wa/ ... bey-island

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Agreed the mainstream media silence is loud and clear. First off, like the article below states, there are no launch facilities anywhere in our region. Okay, well, that we know of. Could it be a side-effect or illusion created by time-lapse photography? That is very possible even though I am skeptical of that explanation as the image doesn't just show an obvious light trail but a very specific tube or cylinder at the top that looks exactly like a missile or rocket. I am not buying their theory that it was simply a helicopter. Here's the article.

More:

I saw the explanation that is was a weird time lapse effect, and it was just a helicopter.... :|

Nope. Not buying that either.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Agreed the mainstream media silence is loud and clear. First off, like the article below states, there are no launch facilities anywhere in our region. Okay, well, that we know of. Could it be a side-effect or illusion created by time-lapse photography? That is very possible even though I am skeptical of that explanation as the image doesn't just show an obvious light trail but a very specific tube or cylinder at the top that looks exactly like a missile or rocket. I am not buying their theory that it was simply a helicopter. Here's the article.

More:

Why do you suppose Fox News would intentionally crop out what is clearly a missile in this picture?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/12/my ... aunch.html
    Feel free to contact me if you need legal assistance. I have a great lawyer that helped me with an ex who violated my privacy and kept harassing me on MySpace and Facebook. He's very good. And there is legal precedent. - linuxpro

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seems to me the simplest answer is that it was a rocket launched to put a satellite in orbit. Could be private or military and could definitely be a top secret satellite. I have serious doubts it's anything worthy of being more than just curious about.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:Seems to me the simplest answer is that it was a rocket launched to put a satellite in orbit. Could be private or military and could definitely be a top secret satellite. I have serious doubts it's anything worthy of being more than just curious about.

We don't have any facilities to do that here. Placing a satellite in orbit can only be done at a handful of facilities held by the USA, none of which are close to Puget Sound.

They are:

Patrick AFB, Cape Canaveral, FL
    Vandenberg AFB, California
    Kwajalein Missile Range, Marshall Islands
    Kodiak Launch Complex, Kodiak Island, Alaska
    White Sands Missile Range, White Sands, NM
    Wallops Flight Facility, Wallops Island, VA

Typically, such launches are made public, even if the purpose of the satellite is classified. This is to avoid scaring the shit out of people, or having people speculate en masse as to the underlying intent, because rocket launches can be observed from hundreds, to thousands of miles away. This wasn't a satellite launch. It was a missile, probably from a ship, sub, or shore based battery.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah I have to disagree respectfully David. This is HIGHLY unusual at best, and something potentially secret and nefarious at worst. Either way, something that for all intents and purposes looks precisely like a missile launch occurred in or near Whidbey Island and as a citizen of the region, I am not okay with that.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Pretty wild that this hasn't seen more coverage.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• JGfromtheNW wrote:Pretty wild that this hasn't seen more coverage.

Media outlets have probably been gagged through invoking national security powers. They can't be made to tell a lie, but they can be rendered silent.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Yeah I have to disagree respectfully David. This is HIGHLY unusual at best, and something potentially secret and nefarious at worst. Either way, something that for all intents and purposes looks precisely like a missile launch occurred in or near Whidbey Island and as a citizen of the region, I am not okay with that.

You are most definitely entitled to your opinion, but as a government, we have launched countless satellites that are classified, so something like that is fairly commonplace. The main difference that I see here is that it was inadvertently made public so you have actual knowledge of it happening. I find that to be mildly curious, but no more.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Yeah I have to disagree respectfully David. This is HIGHLY unusual at best, and something potentially secret and nefarious at worst. Either way, something that for all intents and purposes looks precisely like a missile launch occurred in or near Whidbey Island and as a citizen of the region, I am not okay with that.

You are most definitely entitled to your opinion, but as a government, we have launched countless satellites that are classified, so something like that is fairly commonplace. The main difference that I see here is that it was inadvertently made public so you have actual knowledge of it happening. I find that to be mildly curious, but no more.

Vandenberg AFB is the nearest launch facility capable of placing a satellite in to orbit. Even the most classified satellites have public launches. This is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. Factually speaking, this was in no way, shape, or form, a satellite launch. Not a chance. There is no way to discretely launch an orbital rocket and failing to announce one will result in more PR headaches than simply saying "we're going to launch a rocket with a classified satellite aboard", as has been done numerous times in the past, as recently as the past few weeks.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• SmokinHawk wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Yeah I have to disagree respectfully David. This is HIGHLY unusual at best, and something potentially secret and nefarious at worst. Either way, something that for all intents and purposes looks precisely like a missile launch occurred in or near Whidbey Island and as a citizen of the region, I am not okay with that.

Vandenberg AFB is the nearest launch facility capable of placing a satellite in to orbit. Even the most classified satellites have public launches. This is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact. Factually speaking, this was in no way, shape, or form, a satellite launch. Not a chance. There is no way to discretely launch an orbital rocket and failing to announce one will result in more PR headaches than simply saying "we're going to launch a rocket with a classified satellite aboard", as has been done numerous times in the past, as recently as the past few weeks.

As I told Todd, you are all free to have your opinions, and I'm free to have mine. There are classified launches then there are secret launches. Not every launch is announced. There's a reason they would do something like this in the wee hours, they didn't want it to be seen. Seems like they failed in their mission. I'm 100% certain there isn't anything of concern about this photo, but that won't stop others from believing so, and my beliefs won't change that.

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:As I told Todd, you are all free to have your opinions, and I'm free to have mine. There are classified launches then there are secret launches. Not every launch is announced. There's a reason they would do something like this in the wee hours, they didn't want it to be seen. Seems like they failed in their mission. I'm 100% certain there isn't anything of concern about this photo, but that won't stop others from believing so, and my beliefs won't change that.

The fact that you are not concerned at all about that photo is, frankly, concerning. I digress. I remain steadfast in my insistence that secret rocket launches are NOT commonplace because it's impossible to keep them a secret, and hostile foreign governments can't tell the difference between a launch vehicle for a satellite and an ICBM. In some cases, the launch vehicle for both is the same (see: Atlas, Titan). Even in the case of the Pegasus launch vehicle, which is deployed from a B-52 for the purpose of placing microsatellites in a low earth orbit, it requires a fair proximity to the parent launch facility.

You're entitled to your opinion, but be prepared to back it up with facts. What facts do you have to back it up?

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• SmokinHawk wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:As I told Todd, you are all free to have your opinions, and I'm free to have mine. There are classified launches then there are secret launches. Not every launch is announced. There's a reason they would do something like this in the wee hours, they didn't want it to be seen. Seems like they failed in their mission. I'm 100% certain there isn't anything of concern about this photo, but that won't stop others from believing so, and my beliefs won't change that.

The fact that you are not concerned at all about that photo is, frankly, concerning. I digress. I remain steadfast in my insistence that secret rocket launches are NOT commonplace because it's impossible to keep them a secret, and hostile foreign governments can't tell the difference between a launch vehicle for a satellite and an ICBM. In some cases, the launch vehicle for both is the same (see: Atlas, Titan). Even in the case of the Pegasus launch vehicle, which is deployed from a B-52 for the purpose of placing microsatellites in a low earth orbit, it requires a fair proximity to the parent launch facility.

You're entitled to your opinion, but be prepared to back it up with facts. What facts do you have to back it up?

You can stop arguing about it. I have as many "facts" as you have about this. The only source of information is the time lapse video. Everything else is subjective. As I said, believe as you wish. Just don't try to convince me to go along with whatever theory you choose to follow

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:As I told Todd, you are all free to have your opinions, and I'm free to have mine. There are classified launches then there are secret launches. Not every launch is announced. There's a reason they would do something like this in the wee hours, they didn't want it to be seen. Seems like they failed in their mission. I'm 100% certain there isn't anything of concern about this photo, but that won't stop others from believing so, and my beliefs won't change that.

You can stop arguing about it. I have as many "facts" as you have about this. The only source of information is the time lapse video. Everything else is subjective. As I said, believe as you wish. Just don't try to convince me to go along with whatever theory you choose to follow

Completely, totally, utterly incorrect.

We have a photograph of what is clearly a missile or rocket. If you look at the unedited photo, that is pretty damn obvious. This isn't a lens flare. That's not even remotely close to what a lens flare looks like.

We also have 70+ years worth of history in rocket science that declares all rocket launches require an extensive support facility and a great deal of coordination. Launching a rocket creates a lot of light and heat, which are easily detectable by satellites and observers. Doing this in secret is not possible within eyeshot of a populated area like Western Washington.

I find your viewpoint dangerously naive as you seemingly embrace it on little more than blind faith.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• That was a launch of some type of a missile, doubtful it was a rocket, takes more local support, Missile can be launched and guided more remotely. Fact that we have a summit going on as well makes it more curious as this could be a display of some sort to N Korea showing intercept capabilities of the so called Nukes he has for us. Muscle flexing or bragging, doesn't matter it was a launch and cover up with a plausible deniability story, keep saying the same story and no matter if it's a lie people will believe it if stated enough.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• SmokinHawk wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:
    SmokinHawk wrote:

Completely, totally, utterly incorrect.

We have a photograph of what is clearly a missile or rocket. If you look at the unedited photo, that is pretty damn obvious. This isn't a lens flare. That's not even remotely close to what a lens flare looks like.

We also have 70+ years worth of history in rocket science that declares all rocket launches require an extensive support facility and a great deal of coordination. Launching a rocket creates a lot of light and heat, which are easily detectable by satellites and observers. Doing this in secret is not possible within eyeshot of a populated area like Western Washington.

I find your viewpoint dangerously naive as you seemingly embrace it on little more than blind faith.

Funny how I'm incorrect about the facts in this particular case, yet you go on about exactly what I said. History isn't a fact in this case, it's just that....history. As for your theory about how they don't launch in secret near a public area because people will see it, your own "facts" don't come to that conclusion. As there was allegedly a launch and you called it a missile or a rocket, yet the only evidence of it thus far is a weather camera that happened to see it.

As I said, you can believe what you want, but please stop trying to convince me that my opinion is less valid than your own simply because it's different.

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:
    Funny how I'm incorrect about the facts in this particular case, yet you go on about exactly what I said. History isn't a fact in this case, it's just that....history. As for your theory about how they don't launch in secret near a public area because people will see it, your own "facts" don't come to that conclusion. As there was allegedly a launch and you called it a missile or a rocket, yet the only evidence of it thus far is a weather camera that happened to see it.

As I said, you can believe what you want, but please stop trying to convince me that my opinion is less valid than your own simply because it's different.

You are entitled to your own views, ridiculous as they may seem to an outside observer.

I'm not trying to convince you of anything, clearly your mind is closed to any view that does not explicitly confirm your biases. My posts were speaking to the readers who perhaps haven't made up their minds yet.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:That was a launch of some type of a missile, doubtful it was a rocket, takes more local support, Missile can be launched and guided more remotely. Fact that we have a summit going on as well makes it more curious as this could be a display of some sort to N Korea showing intercept capabilities of the so called Nukes he has for us. Muscle flexing or bragging, doesn't matter it was a launch and cover up with a plausible deniability story, keep saying the same story and no matter if it's a lie people will believe it if stated enough.

A show of capability is plausible, but deep down I don't think that's what it was about. When we test those anti-missile systems, we love making a public show of it. Seems like it would have had greater geopolitical impact if it were avowed publicly.

Something big is going on. I think I have a good idea what that is but will refrain from sharing my views in public for the time being.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• SmokinHawk wrote:Something big is going on. I think I have a good idea what that is but will refrain from sharing my views in public for the time being.

I follow Earthfiles which I consider one of the more legitimate alternative news sources on the Web and there most definitely is something big happening. I haven't a clue what it is, but something profound is occurring and has been under way for some time. Large booms underground that has no explanation across the country and globe, extremely peculiar animal behavioral patterns, weather anomalies, I could go on and on.

Something is happening, for that is a fact. What that is, I have no idea and quite frankly I am afraid to find out.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• As my inexperienced mind would like to think, it could be a training situation that needed to happen for some to get their badges. Most likely tho would be just a fix action on a sub that needed to be double checked. Send up a dud and make sure the firing mechanizm and associated electronics work as planned. They do have a depot out there I do believe.
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

• Seahawkfan80 wrote:As my inexperienced mind would like to think, it could be a training situation that needed to happen for some to get their badges. Most likely tho would be just a fix action on a sub that needed to be double checked. Send up a dud and make sure the firing mechanizm and associated electronics work as planned. They do have a depot out there I do believe.

I don't think they would deny a test launch. Just my gut feeling.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Well living in Washington we have that big Ole X marks the spot as a first strike area.

Sub Base, Airforce base, Army Base. We will have a few minutes to kiss our asses goodbye and thats about it if something happened.

Second the Government has never told the truth about stuff.

Leeching Radioative waste into the Hanford water table to see what the effects were down stream for years and denying it also. Then owned up to it I think in the 90's after what 60 years.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• So... Everyone get a good, hard look at this image. Make note of the profile of the projectile.

Now compare to this.

If you think the two look similar, prepare to be sick. The photo above is a Trident II missile. It is a platform with multiple independently targetable thermonuclear warheads. An Ohio class submarine like what we build in the Bangor sub pen has 24 of these aboard it, and one may have been fired inexplicably.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• On Wednesday, it appeared the mystery had been solved.

Johnson tweeted that a helicopter pilot with the Airlift Northwest ambulance service said on Wednesday that his chopper has a searchlight that was pointing straight down when he took off -- and that's what left that vertical light streak in the sky.

"This morning I contacted Air Lift NW to find out if the Nav lights on the helicopter were different in any way," Johnson wrote on his Skunk Bay Weather Blog. "I got a fairly quick response back from them after they talked with the pilot. Here is the text:

"'They were transiting from Bremerton to Bellingham on a standard instrument flight plan, flying in the clouds with night vision goggles. The search light was retracted flush under the nose, but did not switch off and was facing straight down.'

"So, the path of the helicopter matches perfectly and now that I know the searchlight was in a locked down position and still on, it makes sense now," Johnson wrote.

"I know my cameras very well. This was a unique situation that would have resulted in exactly this type of image. I never thought it would be solved like this…. What an adventure.

"I know that many folks will vehemently disagree with this assessment, much as I did in the beginning. I hope they do continue to keep searching for another explanation, but in this case, I am 99% convinced this is the real solution. I will always leave that 1% open out there because I love a good mystery….. :)"

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:On Wednesday, it appeared the mystery had been solved.

Johnson tweeted that a helicopter pilot with the Airlift Northwest ambulance service said on Wednesday that his chopper has a searchlight that was pointing straight down when he took off -- and that's what left that vertical light streak in the sky.

"This morning I contacted Air Lift NW to find out if the Nav lights on the helicopter were different in any way," Johnson wrote on his Skunk Bay Weather Blog. "I got a fairly quick response back from them after they talked with the pilot. Here is the text:

"'They were transiting from Bremerton to Bellingham on a standard instrument flight plan, flying in the clouds with night vision goggles. The search light was retracted flush under the nose, but did not switch off and was facing straight down.'

"So, the path of the helicopter matches perfectly and now that I know the searchlight was in a locked down position and still on, it makes sense now," Johnson wrote.

"I know my cameras very well. This was a unique situation that would have resulted in exactly this type of image. I never thought it would be solved like this…. What an adventure.

"I know that many folks will vehemently disagree with this assessment, much as I did in the beginning. I hope they do continue to keep searching for another explanation, but in this case, I am 99% convinced this is the real solution. I will always leave that 1% open out there because I love a good mystery….. :)"

Not a chance this was caused by a helicopter searchlight. You can clearly see the object creating the light trail at the top of the frame as that was its location when the exposure ended. Some people skilled in trigonometry could probably calculate the speed a helicopter would need to be going to leave a light trail like that. I would be willing to bet this object is moving much faster than a helicopter.

Not buying this for a second.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• For that to be a helicopter searchlight, the pilot would need to be flying backwards as it states right in the article that the light is directly under the nose.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• It’s very possible that a helicopter had a search light on at that time but......

I’ve been on 100s of helicopter rescues, landing, and take offs over my 25 year career. Day time, twilight, and night time.

......there is no freaking way that the photo in question is a helicopter with a search light on.

I’ll kiss KidHawk’s behind if that’s ever proven(not claimed), and I’ll pay for the trip to Alaska to do so.

EDIT:
    I’m not claiming it’s any one thing in particular, I’m saying it’s not a bleeping “helicopter”.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• Agreed that it can't be a helicopter. The article claims that helicopter traveled from Bremerton to Bellingham, all of which is North. From what I can tell, if the Helicopter was flying North away from the camera it'd have to both have bright light(s) pointing back towards the camera and gain altitude at a ridiculous speed to create anything resembling that type of light pattern. I'm not extremely familiar with cameras these days, let alone the photographer's set up, but I don't think the exposure could have been long enough to catch something like that unless it was moving waaaaay faster than a helicopter gaining altitude.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• pmedic920 wrote:It’s very possible that a helicopter had a search light on at that time but......

I’ve been on 100s of helicopter rescues, landing, and take offs over my 25 year career. Day time, twilight, and night time.

......there is no freaking way that the photo in question is a helicopter with a search light on.

I’ll kiss KidHawk’s behind if that’s ever proven(not claimed), and I’ll pay for the trip to Alaska to do so.

EDIT:
    I’m not claiming it’s any one thing in particular, I’m saying it’s not a bleeping “helicopter”.

Leave your fantasies of kissing my behind out of this :twisted:

I'm sure that if you have to pay up, we can find you a nice pork butt for you to kiss....after we smoke it of course :irishdrinkers:

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• I am willing to admit it may not turn out to be a missile but a helicopter? MY ARSE!

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• This was not a Helo, weather balloon or home made toy rocket. Something is not right here
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:I am willing to admit it may not turn out to be a missile but a helicopter? MY ARSE!

A helicopter flying backwards, no less. Totally believable.

I spent all day researching what in our publicly avowed military arsenal could have done this, and I came up with just three possibilities.

1.) Trident II MIRV. The thought of one of these being fired from a rogue submarine is chilling and I truly hope that is not the case.

2.) SM Series ABM. Part of the AEGIS system, these are fired from missile cruisers and frigates, intended to intercept short and intermediate range ballistic missiles. If one of these were tested, I believe it would have been announced publicly. We talk about it every other time, so why not now? This would likely need to be of the SM-6 variety as those are the larger, long range variety.

3.) Shore based THAAD battery. Another anti-ballistic missile, fired from shore based batteries on trucks, or permanently affixed. To the best of my knowledge, Naval Station Whidbey does not have any of these yet as they are a very new technology that has been rolled out to only a handful of strategic locations.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

• Someone on the MyNW site wrote:

The back alley internet chatter that is usually not wrong says that an Ohio class sub was hacked by the Chinese and this missile launch was intended to derail the 6/11 peace summit in Singapore when it struck its target (unknown) and that the missile was remotely (extinguished) and that there was a second missile launch from an unknown location that was also (extinguished).

Lots of theories out there. It's picking up steam on the Web.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Aros wrote:Someone on the MyNW site wrote:

The back alley internet chatter that is usually not wrong says that an Ohio class sub was hacked by the Chinese and this missile launch was intended to derail the 6/11 peace summit in Singapore when it struck its target (unknown) and that the missile was remotely (extinguished) and that there was a second missile launch from an unknown location that was also (extinguished).

Without getting deep into the geo-politics of this statement, this only makes sense if China is serious enough about keeping NK a buffer state that they're willing to commit, what I would assume is, an act of war. Hacking a US sub and launching missiles to derail peace negotiations? That's some crazy chit.

Might be more believable if it was Russia, considering their campaign for Western destabilization.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:Someone on the MyNW site wrote:

I too have seen that theory and know where it originates. So far, the group that is pushing this theory has been proven right on many, many other predictions. The theory being pushed by them is that an Ohio class sub was somehow compromised and fired with the intent of blaming the aftermath on the Chinese, while insinuating that another group actually masterminded it.

It's a rough pill for me to swallow, frankly, because aren't these missiles supposed to require that a pair of launch keys are stored in a safe using two-factor authentication, must be turned simultaneously, and valid orders must be received, with launch codes, followed by approval from the weapons officer?

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21461/lets-talk-about-that-mysterious-rocket-launch-over-whidbey-island-photo-from-washington

The more I see this narrative pushed, the more I know it's horse pucky. This was *not* a helicopter.

SmokinHawk
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• For those who actually believe this was a helo, I have some beautiful ocean front property in Idaho for sale.

It was a Helicopter!
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Having lived the first 30 years of my life right on that stretch of water, I will tell you this -- that's the heaviest sub traffic area in the world. There's a deep stretch of water through saratoga passage that the subs love to use, and another on the other side of Whidbey.

I used to avoid going out there at certain times of day in my little trolling boat (I used to fish for silvers, blackmouth, and cutthroat out there all the time) because wakes from those submarines SUCK... especially the Dallas class nuclear attack submarines that used to run through there back and forth to Bremerton where the dry docks were (maybe still are) they leave a huge valley wake, where the surface of the water looks flat but then BOOM! You drop right off the edge and the sky is blotted on both sides. Hell, one time I was in a 28 foot fishing boat out there, gill netter with a Roberts hull no less, fishing for humpies, and one of those subs tossed us around like we were in a dingy.

On a side note... just because it's a missile launch doesn't necessarily mean it's nuclear.

You can put a small payload into a low orbit with one of those things -- like say an object the size of a fire extinguisher, and with the way systems these days are so miniaturized it may well be that they are either practicing or actually launching small satellites into orbit using subs.
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• SmokinHawk wrote:
    Aros wrote:Agreed the mainstream media silence is loud and clear. First off, like the article below states, there are no launch facilities anywhere in our region. Okay, well, that we know of. Could it be a side-effect or illusion created by time-lapse photography? That is very possible even though I am skeptical of that explanation as the image doesn't just show an obvious light trail but a very specific tube or cylinder at the top that looks exactly like a missile or rocket. I am not buying their theory that it was simply a helicopter. Here's the article.

More:

Why do you suppose Fox News would intentionally crop out what is clearly a missile in this picture?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/12/my ... aunch.html

Can’t tell you why without getting politcal.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• No way in hell thats a helicopter spot light, was too bright and too much distance between “object” and bottom end of “beam”.

Unless they started making helicopters look like rockets that story is as flimsy as the weather balloon BS at Roswell in 1947.

IMHO, with my extremely limited knowledge on the subject, I’m betting it was fired from a sub, either one of ours or a sub from Russia or China snuck in to the sound, and either purposely or accidentally launched a missle. The 3:56 am time is telling me that whomever launched it didn’t want it known to the general public, so I’m leaning towards it was from one of our subs and the government and military is lying about it.

I’m betting there are quite a few tight sphincters @ NAS Whidbey and the Bangor sub-base regardless of reason(s) on why a missle was launched from our region.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sports Hernia wrote:Unless they started making helicopters look like rockets that story is as flimsy as the weather balloon BS at Roswell in 1947.

:2thumbs: Preach it brother! :smilingalien:

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Next they will say it was a close up of a bottle rocket launch since it is close to the 4th.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Next

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:18 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information