Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Netflix Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Netflix Shows Thread
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:19 am
  • Passepartout wrote:Wished that Netflix had on shows besides Making of a Murderer or Evil Genius. But really shows the viewpoint of the victims and not glorifying the killers. As maybe they can think up "Point of View of the Victim's Families."

I didn't get this out of either of these two docs.

The focus is of course on the suspect or convicted killer(s), but any good doc will give you a sympathetic view of the victims.

The Confession Tapes is also a good doc series on Netlfix. But probably not what you're looking for, because it goes into different murder convictions around the country where the suspect was coerced into a confession. But still a good doc series.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:56 pm
  • Anybody get through GLOW season 2 yet? It's really damn good. I'm impressed. I breezed through that, pausing only to wipe the occasional tear, in just a couple of days, alternating nights with Kiss Me First, which also turned out to be really good. Meanwhile, I'm trudging through Luke Cage season 2 like thick, deep mud. I dunno why, but it just isn't grabbing me like season 1 did. I've heard mostly good things about it, and I don't dislike, but it just isn't hooking me yet.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:48 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Anybody get through GLOW season 2 yet? It's really damn good. I'm impressed. I breezed through that, pausing only to wipe the occasional tear, in just a couple of days, alternating nights with Kiss Me First, which also turned out to be really good. Meanwhile, I'm trudging through Luke Cage season 2 like thick, deep mud. I dunno why, but it just isn't grabbing me like season 1 did. I've heard mostly good things about it, and I don't dislike, but it just isn't hooking me yet.

Yeah I watched all of season 2 of GLOW, it’s such a great show. It doesn’t get the recognition, but it’s up there with some of Netflix’s best series. I actually might prefer it to Orange Is The New Black (same writers I think). You can probably make arguments for season 2 being the best season of any Netflix season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:11 am
  • Started watching The Sinner...So far it's quite good. Jessica Biel shines in this series. Worth the watch.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:25 pm
  • They are not on Netflix, but Barry on HBO is a must watch. It's a bit of a dark comedy. If you like Bill Hader it won't disappoint. Also, Sharp Objects on HBO is only two episodes in, but is great. It is based on the book under the same name, also same author who wrote Gone Girl. You can binge Barry as they already finished season one.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:02 pm
  • Finally watched and finished season 1 of Mindhunter. Great, now I am hooked and want to binge S2 which it looks like I will have to wait another few months.

Netflix, look what you've done to me.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:49 pm
  • Anyone watch "Narcos"?
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:38 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Anyone watch "Narcos"?

Yes, both seasons. I really enjoyed it.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:51 am
  • IndyHawk wrote:Anyone watch "Narcos"?

Hell yeah, fantastic show............and if you like Narcos check out American Made the Tom Cruise movie.

Same timeline, same plot, even some of the same people. But with a funner lighter spin. I liked it more than I thought I would.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:19 am
  • Aros wrote:Finally watched and finished season 1 of Mindhunter. Great, now I am hooked and want to binge S2 which it looks like I will have to wait another few months.

Such a great show. Love the entire premise and subject matter.

Cameron Britton's performance of Ed Kemper was outstanding and seriously chilling.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 am
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:
    Aros wrote:Finally watched and finished season 1 of Mindhunter. Great, now I am hooked and want to binge S2 which it looks like I will have to wait another few months.

Such a great show. Love the entire premise and subject matter.

Cameron Britton's performance of Ed Kemper was outstanding and seriously chilling.

Oh yeah Britton is outstanding as that character. When I first heard about Mindhunter I assumed it was a docu-series. It's a great premise with a great cast.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:10 am
  • Almost finished with S1 of Seven Seconds. It's excellent. Regina King is among many who shine.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:36 pm
  • Another great new series...Two episodes in...It's good.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:34 am
  • Aros wrote:Another great new series...Two episodes in...It's good.

Watched the first episode last night. I like that it doesn't sensationalize or glorify the killers like so many docu-drama's do........very fair honest depiction of the killer.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Previous

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:28 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information