Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Netflix Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Netflix Shows Thread
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:13 am
  • I'm enjoying Maniac more now, the dream/realization vignettes are vastly more interesting and enjoyable then the main story.

Emma Stone is a force.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:20 pm
  • Just finished Ozark S2. God I love that show. Slow burn, almost annoyingly slow at times but damn, what a show.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 am
  • Yeah Ozark was a little slow but a enjoyable. Not sure as good as the first season, but well done.

I enjoyed the first couple episodes of Maniac and then it completely lost me once they started going into the dreams. I gave up on it, just don't think it was for me.

Making A Murderer season 2 comes out in about a week from today.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 am
  • Aros wrote:Just finished Ozark S2. God I love that show. Slow burn, almost annoyingly slow at times but damn, what a show.

I don't find Ozark slow, I just lol at the laughable plot bridges to advance the stories. Funniest one of the finale was Marty meeting with the social services manager.

Marty: "We don't want this baby anymore, can we find a family quickly?"

Manager: "We can, but that takes 8-10 weeks, maybe 12."

Marty: "Well.............we need it super quick dude, we're leaving town tomorrow, and btw I've got the perfect match, it's a recently widowed insane lady who everyone that lives in a 200 mile radius knows is shady and dangerous. Oh and she's like 60 years old."

Manager: "Sounds like a perfect match, take the baby right over to her tonight no questions asked!!"
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:18 am
  • Btw, I don't want to give the impression I don't like Ozark. It's a highly well done and entertaining show, I just find the plot holes and devices laughably convenient.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:08 pm
  • Just saw that iron fist was cancelled and season 2 will be the last. Not surprised. It was by far the worst marvel show I’ve seen. I enjoyed some of the characters but Danny Rand was just awful

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:Just saw that iron fist was cancelled and season 2 will be the last. Not surprised. It was by far the worst marvel show I’ve seen. I enjoyed some of the characters but Danny Rand was just awful

It'll be picked up by the Disney streaming service, or Danny Rand will be rolled into Luke Cage.
    RIP Paul Allen, 1953-2018

The greatest owner in Seattle sports history.

189-152-1
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:23 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Just saw that iron fist was cancelled and season 2 will be the last. Not surprised. It was by far the worst marvel show I’ve seen. I enjoyed some of the characters but Danny Rand was just awful

It'll be picked up by the Disney streaming service, or Danny Rand will be rolled into Luke Cage.

I doubt the character will totally go away but I’d be surprised to see it continue anywhere as a stand alone show again

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:51 am
  • kidhawk wrote:Just saw that iron fist was cancelled and season 2 will be the last. Not surprised. It was by far the worst marvel show I’ve seen. I enjoyed some of the characters but Danny Rand was just awful

Season 1 of Iron Fist wasn't as good as any of the other Marvel Netflix shows, but season 2 was light years better. Maybe this means we'll get Misty and Colleen in a Daughters Of The Dragon show and Danny can go team up with Luke and we can get a Heroes For Hire show.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:54 pm
  • Just started watching this, and it's great. Apparently it is the remake of an old book. I'm a couple episodes in and it has great acting, storyline, is scary and is well written. Check it out.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Just started watching this, and it's great. Apparently it is the remake of an old book. I'm a couple episodes in and it has great acting, storyline, is scary and is well written. Check it out.

I can’t stop watching it. Totally creeped out.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:31 pm
  • This is the best horror series and a must watch for any horror fans. This show is legit scary. American Horror Story is fun, but not scary, this will creep you out. I finished it up last night, I think it's probably one of the best Netflix Originals. I thought the finale was a little weak, but the entire season was great. It's got a 9.1 on IMDB and a 90% on Rotten Tomatoes. Will be interesting to see if they bring it back for another season.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:53 pm
  • It is a slow burn but pulls you in, the adults and kids do a great job acting and selling their roles, only up to episode 4 so far but I like it, just enough every episode to make you want to see how the Girl comes to harness what she has to her adult hood let alone the house story.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:06 pm
  • Hill House is great. I only have 3 episodes left and I'm loving it. I'm not usually really into scary shit but I love the way this story is told.
    Image Always been a Seahawks fan
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:37 am
  • Binged through Daredevil season 3 yesterday. It may be my favorite season out of all the Marvel Netflix shows now.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:39 am
  • Atypical is great.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:01 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Binged through Daredevil season 3 yesterday. It may be my favorite season out of all the Marvel Netflix shows now.

I’ve only seen the first couple but I’m beyond excited to have Fisk back in the show.

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:56 pm
  • It is defiantly one of the best written of the Marvel shows on Netflix as well as best acting overall. Has a great plotline as well as a lot of depth to characters and background that they bring up through out the show to give you understanding.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:06 am
  • Tical21 wrote:Atypical is great.

Ha, I was just coming here to recommend Atypical. We just finished season 2, and it's a great show.

Smart, funny, cathartic......and even sometimes profound. REALLY well done show, great to watch with the wife and/or teenage kids.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:12 am
  • kidhawk wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:Just saw that iron fist was cancelled and season 2 will be the last. Not surprised. It was by far the worst marvel show I’ve seen. I enjoyed some of the characters but Danny Rand was just awful

I doubt the character will totally go away but I’d be surprised to see it continue anywhere as a stand alone show again

Now that Luke Cage has been cancelled, that second part of your prediction just may come true. Lots of speculation about a Heroes for Hire show.

I am disappointed to see Luke Cage go away. Although it really was lacking in the Villain department (unlike seasons 1 and 3 of daredevil and season 1 of jessica jones), I thought it was otherwise a really enjoyable show and I really liked the character Luke Cage and how he was portrayed (unlike how I felt about Danny Rand and his portrayal).

kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:10 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Binged through Daredevil season 3 yesterday. It may be my favorite season out of all the Marvel Netflix shows now.

This is our next show binge. Glad to hear, Daredevil is great.
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:48 am

Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:15 pm
  • Trying out The Haunting of Hill House. Finished episode 1. Slow burn so far. I will withhold judgement after I burn through a handful of more episodes.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:12 pm
  • About 4 episodes into Daredevil 3. Amazing how much better this is than the other Marvel shows. I have liked them all quite a bit but Daredevil definitely stands above them all. Can't wait to watch the rest.

I am hoping once Disney launches their streaming service they will somehow follow up on Cage and Iron Fist. Both of those left off with a lot of questions to be answered.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:17 am
  • drcool wrote:About 4 episodes into Daredevil 3. Amazing how much better this is than the other Marvel shows. I have liked them all quite a bit but Daredevil definitely stands above them all. Can't wait to watch the rest.

I am hoping once Disney launches their streaming service they will somehow follow up on Cage and Iron Fist. Both of those left off with a lot of questions to be answered.

Two words...........Vincent D'Onofrio.

Writers sometimes forget that the key to any great superhero story isn't the superhero, it's the villain. You need a great villain or protagonist to elevate the story to more than just a wooden stale re-telling of a story people already know.

It's exactly why Iron Fist and Luke Cage suffered their untimely deaths, and it's why season two of Jessica Jones wasn't even 20% of how awesome season one was with David Tennant.

Bad guys, you need em people.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:10 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    drcool wrote:About 4 episodes into Daredevil 3. Amazing how much better this is than the other Marvel shows. I have liked them all quite a bit but Daredevil definitely stands above them all. Can't wait to watch the rest.

Two words...........Vincent D'Onofrio.

Writers sometimes forget that the key to any great superhero story isn't the superhero, it's the villain. You need a great villain or protagonist to elevate the story to more than just a wooden stale re-telling of a story people already know.

It's exactly why Iron Fist and Luke Cage suffered their untimely deaths, and it's why season two of Jessica Jones wasn't even 20% of how awesome season one was with David Tennant.

Bad guys, you need em people.

Agreed the bad guy has to someone that can sell it and have a element of fear of repercussions and with limited ethics as far as how far he will go for his end purpose, Kingpin played by Vincent was done masterfully, but D'Onofrio has done that in everything I have seen him in going back to Full Metal Jacket.

I am curious on how they now turn the Story towards Bullseye and if they keep Kingpins Wife in the loop, she was showing more bloodlust then Kingpin about things. Also she looked like she might have a thing for Bullseye as well.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:45 am
  • We started the Bodyguard last night, good stuff.

BBC show starring Richard Madden, who played Robb Stark in GOT.

What can I say, BBC just does everything better than everyone else. Pacing, tension, acting, all of it.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:47 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:We started the Bodyguard last night, good stuff.

BBC show starring Richard Madden, who played Robb Stark in GOT.

What can I say, BBC just does everything better than everyone else. Pacing, tension, acting, all of it.

A few people who's opinions I respect have said great things about this show. Can't wait to start it.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:28 am
  • We also just watched the first episode of Hill House, looks like it's gonna' be real good. Usually we just assume the first episode is the set up episode. This was slow in places, but I'm digging the story line and the acting is excellent.
    The being said, the first episode of the Ozark was like HOLY CRAP. That show was good from the get go.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:11 pm
  • On to the 5th episode of Hill House...Damn it's gooooood! Creepy, well-acted...Worth the initial slow burn.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:16 pm
  • Hill House is such a great show, probably one of my favorite Netflix shows. Such a great story and it's just scary.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:47 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:Hill House is such a great show, probably one of my favorite Netflix shows. Such a great story and it's just scary.

I just finished episode 5.

Mind. Blown.

Epic ending!!

(I really need to stop watching this show at night alone downstairs with hardly any lights on lol)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:00 am
  • We also just finished episode 5. Damn good show, glad we stuck with it after Episode 1, which was a little slower because of set up etc. But it is well acted, creepy and flat out scary at times. We also appreciate that there are some actual original ideas in this one. Won't spoil it by saying what, but damn this is a good show. And my wife always makes us watch something comedy after before hitting the sack.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:53 am
  • Yeah I know what you mean...I have to watch something light after...It's rare for a "scary" genre to actually scare me. There are legitimate creepy and scary scenes on this show and I agree with the originality. The characters and acting is strong, just all around great for a show of this genre.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:58 pm
  • Daredevil season 3 is so good.

Onto Haunting Hill House now.
    L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:32 pm
  • raisethe3 wrote:Onto Haunting Hill House now.

Keep a light on.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:48 pm
  • Finished up Ozark over the weekend and now I'm watching Maniac. Three episodes in and man, it is trippy.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:59 pm
  • Just finished Haunting of Hill House. I am seriously shocked by how good that show is. I expected your average run-of-the-mill scary, campy show but it was simply outstanding. I would put it up there with any great Netflix original series I have seen. Even if you are not all that into the scary/creepy genre, it's more than worth your time. Just excellent.

5 Stars.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:55 pm
  • Aros wrote:Just finished Haunting of Hill House. I am seriously shocked by how good that show is. I expected your average run-of-the-mill scary, campy show but it was simply outstanding. I would put it up there with any great Netflix original series I have seen. Even if you are not all that into the scary/creepy genre, it's more than worth your time. Just excellent.

5 Stars.

I like how they left the door open for the legasy to continue if they choose to as well.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:18 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:I like how they left the door open for the legasy to continue if they choose to as well.

Yes I wondered about that. It's too good a show to just be one and done, but then again maybe that was the goal the entire time. Kick ass in one season and drop the mic.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:00 am
  • Aros wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:I like how they left the door open for the legasy to continue if they choose to as well.

Yes I wondered about that. It's too good a show to just be one and done, but then again maybe that was the goal the entire time. Kick ass in one season and drop the mic.

It would have to be a different angle but the door is open. Should be no problem the amount of Ghosts and Spirits in that house leaves a whole Gambit of possibilities.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:45 pm
  • Hill House is incredible. We are only 6 episodes in, but so well done. Can't wait to finish it up Ozark as well, so messed up, and in a good way. Plus, Laura Linney looks a lot like my wife, so I'm partial to her :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:13 pm
  • SeatownJay wrote:Finished up Ozark over the weekend and now I'm watching Maniac. Three episodes in and man, it is trippy.

I watched all of Maniac, but I just can't recommend it.

I dig Fukunaga's stuff, but I found Maniac messy, weird and at times just flat out boring. I get what he was going for, but the execution wasn't very engaging, or even thought provoking.

Emma Stone is cute as hell though, and Sally Field was very good in it. But other than that, eh.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:31 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Laura Linney looks a lot like my wife, so I'm partial to her :lol:

Lucky you! :P ;)

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:24 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Narcos was good.

I liked Narcos .

Good story and cast.

I liked the español also because I'm learning it.
    Vesuve
    NET Rookie

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:19 am
  • Yeah, I kicked way past my coverage :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:54 am
  • It's not Netflix, but if you have Amazon Prime I'd highly recommend Homecoming. It stars Julia Roberts and is made by the same guy that did Mr Robot. Definitely has some Black Mirror vibes to it. Great show and pretty easy to binge as episodes are only about a half hour long.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:30 pm
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:It's not Netflix, but if you have Amazon Prime I'd highly recommend Homecoming. It stars Julia Roberts and is made by the same guy that did Mr Robot. Definitely has some Black Mirror vibes to it. Great show and pretty easy to binge as episodes are only about a half hour long.

Finishing Hill House and this is my next show. Heard really good things!
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information