Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Netflix Shows Thread

The Lounge is for non-sport-related topics other than politics, war and religion. Order up your favorite beverage, kick back and enjoy the conversation! LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Netflix Shows Thread
Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:26 pm
  • Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:14 pm
  • Aros wrote:

It's suppose to be choose your own adventure. I think it has a possible 300+ minutes of footage.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:53 pm
  • Watched some of the Balland of Buster Scruggs..I liked the first character but he gets killed off..
    Liked the second but same..But the third kind of depressed me,realized fast it's just not my type
    of movie and shut it off..I do get why others like it though but it's not for all.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:47 pm
  • Watership Down "mini-series" exists. If you're into that shit.
    Zebulon Dak
    * The Producer *

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:12 pm
  • Watched Bandersnatch. Meh. Didn't do anything for me. My daughter was intrigued by the interactive feature but it just didn't really have the juice many of their mini episodes do in the series.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:17 pm
  • Zebulon Dak wrote:Watership Down "mini-series" exists. If you're into that shit.

I'm so excited - I LOVE that book! I had no idea this series existed. Thank you for posting. There was a really good BBC radio series, which I haven't heard in years. Radio serials are wonderful, I think - Lord of the Rings is another one.

Weird thing about Watership Down, sort-of - a friend's daughter named her rabbit Hazel... yet she had never heard of the book!

Stephen King loves Watership Down, too - it is mentioned in at least one of his books (IIRC, Stu Redman in the masterpiece "The Stand"?). "Tales from Watership Down" (a sequel of short stories) is also excellent.
    Aussie Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:06 am
  • Bird Box was great. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:33 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Aros wrote:

It's suppose to be choose your own adventure. I think it has a possible 300+ minutes of footage.

I just beat the shit outta Doc Hayes!
    And dad!
    THIS. SHIT. IS. WILD!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:35 am
  • Oh LAWD! NETFLIX is trying to win some trophies!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:30 pm
  • Bandersnatch is a really cool idea, and loved the 80's vibe. But after the choose your own adventure novelty wore off, it was just an hour of tediousness and confusion trying to figure out any assemblence of a cohesive story.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:25 am
  • I'm in with both feet.

Kathryn Winnick is my free spin.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:15 am
  • I watched a totally engrossing documentary last night about Stanislaw Szukalski, who was this Michelangelo level talent of a sculptor from Poland in the early 20th century, that fell into obscurity and was later found to be alive in Southern California and befriended by Leonardo DiCaprio's dad and a bunch of other hippie artists in the 70's.

Sounds weird and boring, but holy shit was it engrossing and engaging. This dude was a genius, and lived this crazy ass life, yet no one remembered him.

If you like docs, I can't recommend this one more, it's so engaging and interesting.

https://news.artnet.com/art-world/leona ... lm-1426750

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:29 am
  • Aros wrote:Bird Box was great. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was alright.
    fenderbender123
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:42 pm
  • Bird Box was fun, cool flick.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:14 am
  • Enjoying S3 of The Travelers. It's like a really good sci-fi network series. (Maybe it was? TNT or something?) Although I am not pleased with the ending of how the episode "David" ended. Without giving any spoilers away, I hope they can remedy it with the magic of time travel. I will watch the next episode tonight.

Trying to get through the final season of House of Cards. Slow going. Dammit Spacey, why did you have to turn out to be a pedo? The show is nowhere near as engaging and delicious without Francis Underwood.

Awkward obligatory real life meets art YouTube video here...

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:17 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Bird Box was fun, cool flick.

It was just OK for me, Bullock and Malkovich elevated Birdbox above it's pretty poorly told pedestrian story.............."Umm there's this evil..............but we won't tell you what it is...................or where it came from........................and here are all these survivors...........................and other than the main character we're not gonna be assed with telling you about any of them..............."

I'd guess the book does a much better job of fleshing everything out, but the movie? Eh, not so much.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:39 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Bird Box was fun, cool flick.

It was just OK for me, Bullock and Malkovich elevated Birdbox above it's pretty poorly told pedestrian story.............."Umm there's this evil..............but we won't tell you what it is...................or where it came from........................and here are all these survivors...........................and other than the main character we're not gonna be assed with telling you about any of them..............."

I'd guess the book does a much better job of fleshing everything out, but the movie? Eh, not so much.

Totally agree. Entertaining flick, but this type of movie has been done a million times, only difference is they were blindfolded. Quiet Place was much better. This was still one of the better Netflix movies. I don't get they do so poorly with movies but are so great with documentary series and shows. I'm caught up on most the Netflix shows, waiting for the next great one.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:39 pm
  • Season 3 of 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' is out and its the best yet in my opinion. Great series.
    XxXdragonXxX
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:31 pm
  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:Season 3 of 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' is out and its the best yet in my opinion. Great series.

Yeah started on S3 the other day. Enjoyable series for sure!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:25 am
  • Aros wrote:Enjoying S3 of The Travelers. It's like a really good sci-fi network series. (Maybe it was? TNT or something?) Although I am not pleased with the ending of how the episode "David" ended. Without giving any spoilers away, I hope they can remedy it with the magic of time travel. I will watch the next episode tonight.

Trying to get through the final season of House of Cards. Slow going. Dammit Spacey, why did you have to turn out to be a pedo? The show is nowhere near as engaging and delicious without Francis Underwood.

Awkward obligatory real life meets art YouTube video here...

Loved the show until this situation happened as well.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:42 am
  • I finished watching John Grisham's An Innocent Man last night. I'd read the book about 8-10 years ago and found it interesting. This documentary didn't disappoint.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:16 pm
  • If you're a Bruce Springsteen fan, then Springsteen on Broadway is a must see.
    SeatownJay
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:16 pm
  • Finished S3 of the Travelers. Great show. Better than you would expect.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:42 am
  • Aros wrote:Finished S3 of the Travelers. Great show. Better than you would expect.

Watched all of season 3 except the finale. I've definitely enjoyed the show for the most part. I am trying to brace myself to be disappointed with the last episode, but hoping that turns out to be unnecessary.
    kidhawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:44 am
  • It's good and what you would expect I would think.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:18 am
  • Aros wrote:Finished S3 of the Travelers. Great show. Better than you would expect.

Definitely enjoyed it, but I think they went off the rails a little with the plot lines. Hopefully next season gets back to a closer version of what they did in the beginning.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:49 am
  • So I took the time to load up on a bunch of new shows (eclectic mix of series, movies, documentaries, et al) to add to my list...About 12-14 or so. Started watching a couple that are okay but the one that I am loving so far is The Bill Murray Stories' - A Perfect Movie For The New Year

If you like Bill Murray, you will love him after watching this documentary. He's the epitome of what I would want to be like if I were famous. Worth watching.

I will report back on the others I added when I get the chance to watch them.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:53 am
  • This is a great documentary. Hulu made one too and released it a few days before the Netflix one. It's about a guy who threw a festival on a private island, similar to Coachella, only problem is everyone arrived on the island and there was no festival. It's amazing how dumb people can be, the people who went and the guy who was behind it.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:45 pm
  • Netflix is reviving Unsolved Mysteries. Sweet! Always loved UM. Too bad Robert Stack isn't around anymore.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:27 pm
  • Aros wrote:Netflix is reviving Unsolved Mysteries. Sweet! Always loved UM. Too bad Robert Stack isn't around anymore.

Speaking of Revivals, Netflix is the one place I think they could do a bang up job of Twilight Zone, the way Rod Serling would have liked it to be.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:25 pm
  • Aros wrote:So I took the time to load up on a bunch of new shows (eclectic mix of series, movies, documentaries, et al) to add to my list...About 12-14 or so. Started watching a couple that are okay but the one that I am loving so far is The Bill Murray Stories' - A Perfect Movie For The New Year

If you like Bill Murray, you will love him after watching this documentary. He's the epitome of what I would want to be like if I were famous. Worth watching.

I will report back on the others I added when I get the chance to watch them.

One of my favorite Bill Murray movies is on Netflix right now: The Man Who Knew Too Little. Silly, but funny.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *

Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:06 pm
  • We just finished The Punisher season 2. Excellent!
    Seahwkgal
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:56 pm
  • Seahwkgal wrote:We just finished The Punisher season 2. Excellent!

Yeah watched it also, now the question is where does it end up next? Disney stream although like Dare Devil it is very Dark, but Disney owns it now.

Really enjoyed the multi level challenges that were being juggled.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:28 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Aros wrote:Netflix is reviving Unsolved Mysteries. Sweet! Always loved UM. Too bad Robert Stack isn't around anymore.

Speaking of Revivals, Netflix is the one place I think they could do a bang up job of Twilight Zone, the way Rod Serling would have liked it to be.

They already have. It's called Black Mirror. :P
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:15 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Seahwkgal wrote:We just finished The Punisher season 2. Excellent!

Yeah watched it also, now the question is where does it end up next? Disney stream although like Dare Devil it is very Dark, but Disney owns it now.

Really enjoyed the multi level challenges that were being juggled.

If they do revive it apparently it will be awhile as contractually marvel/Disney cannot use those characters in a non Netflix show for 2 years
    kidhawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:50 am
  • The Fyre doc is bananas................definitely watch it if you wanna get pissed off at a d-bag pathological lying scammer who duped thousands of rich kids into spending ridiculous amounts of money to go to a music festival that he couldn't pull off.

Seriously, it's nuts to even think this kind of scam could happen in modern times.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:52 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:The Fyre doc is bananas................definitely watch it if you wanna get pissed off at a d-bag pathological lying scammer who duped thousands of rich kids into spending ridiculous amounts of money to go to a music festival that he couldn't pull off.

Seriously, it's nuts to even think this kind of scam could happen in modern times.

Yeah it was a great documentary, pretty amazing how stupid people can be. Hulu made a doc on the same topic and released it a few days before Netflix. Apparently the Hulu doc focuses more on the guy who threw the festival. I honestly don't feel bad for most of the people who went to the festival, but it's awful what happened to a lot of the workers who are from the island. This documentary showed how influential social media can be.
    Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:51 am
  • Hawk-Lock wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:The Fyre doc is bananas................definitely watch it if you wanna get pissed off at a d-bag pathological lying scammer who duped thousands of rich kids into spending ridiculous amounts of money to go to a music festival that he couldn't pull off.

Yeah it was a great documentary, pretty amazing how stupid people can be. Hulu made a doc on the same topic and released it a few days before Netflix. Apparently the Hulu doc focuses more on the guy who threw the festival. I honestly don't feel bad for most of the people who went to the festival, but it's awful what happened to a lot of the workers who are from the island. This documentary showed how influential social media can be.

Absolutely, and you'll be happy to know people have given to the worker's Crowdfund to pay all those workers back, to the tune of over $123,000.

https://www.thewrap.com/unpaid-fyre-fes ... wdfunding/

Those idiots are lucky the workers didn't murder them, and really no one would have blamed them.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:43 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:I'm in with both feet.

Kathryn Winnick is my free spin.

Well, that was disappointing. Some ok parts but overall wasn't a fan.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:54 pm
  • Watched Polar today.

Mickkelson was great. Rest of the movie... was ok.

Winnick is gorgeous. Hadnt heard of her until this.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:29 am
  • Uncle Si wrote:Watched Polar today.

Vikings baby...............great show and Winnick is great in it.

Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:04 am
  • Started watching OA. 4 episodes in and I am hooked. Worth taking a look at.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:14 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:Watched Polar today.

Vikings baby...............great show and Winnick is great in it.

I agree Aros..Loved the show and her
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:32 am
  • Aros wrote:Started watching OA. 4 episodes in and I am hooked. Worth taking a look at.

Loved The OA. I still think it has the best pilot of any show I've ever seen. Definitely in my top 3 as far as Netflix shows go.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:21 pm
  • Just finished the S1 of OA. Loved it. Hope there's more seasons!
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:32 pm
  • Aros wrote:Just finished the S1 of OA. Loved it. Hope there's more seasons!

I have heard that it's been filmed already and is in post production. As far as I know the official release date is still in the air though.
    kidhawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:28 pm
  • I enjoyed this show, it's kind of like Dexter. Worth checking out if you need a new show to watch.

Hawk-Lock
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:23 pm
  • Just started watching the Ted Bundy doc. Freaky stuff.
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:14 am
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Just started watching the Ted Bundy doc. Freaky stuff.

Crawled into bed the other night and my SO had passed out watching episode one. Ended up laying there for like half an hour watching episode two. Found it pretty engrossing.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:56 pm
  • Cyrus12 wrote:Just started watching the Ted Bundy doc. Freaky stuff.

Freaky was being in Bellingham looking for a dates car the same night he abducted and killed the two women up there, we were driving and walking around the town that night.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

PreviousNext

It is currently Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE .NET LOUNGE ]

Information